Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Patch.zip?

I'm flummoxed and hoping this community can help me. Some of my users keep seeing the attached message, "Could not find a writable folder for the contents of "patch.zip". Try moving to a writable folder." Is anyone familiar with this file and/or the ...  View more

2537aae5e3594c38bc6122fc732ec727
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC 2020 & 2021 failing to install?

Anybody else having a recent issue installing Adobe CC 2020 & 2021? I tried getting a new named user license package with all apps today, and one without Acrobat. All the packages seem to fail this week at Adobe Media Encoder. After that point, all t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS notifications

Action - Send a Notification to Mobile Devices with Jamf Self Service for iOS Installed Is this working for someone?I do not get any notifications or “badges” to SS app. Notifications are appearing only in the Notification section in the SS app.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur box drive system extension?

Hi - does anyone know the parameters to set to create a system extension for Box drive?I just installed Box drive on Catalina via Self Service and i was prompted to allow the system extension in system preferences, so i allowed it.It be good to have ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avast Free Uninstallation

Hey folks, I had a look on here and found some information on the uninstall script, but that has been removed for the newer versions. Does anyone know of how to do this now? Actioning the uninstall app just brings up a dialogue box and requests admin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Apex One and FileVault Disk Encryption

Hi All, Is anybody using Trend for disk encryption and specifically storing their recovery keys with Trend instead of Jamf Pro. What were your experiences with Trend as opposed to using Jamf and config profiles to turn on FV2. ThanksSimon  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

XMLLINT - Remove XML Tags

Hi All, I am using a script to pull data from the API. It works 100%, but I need to remove the XML tags from the data as the results get sent over for GDPR requests. I am using the following at the end of the script. xmllint --format - ThanksSimon  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute for computer name

Hi,I'm looking for an extension attribute that displays if the computer name is set to $serialnumber of the computer. The purpose is to run a rename policy to machines that has not $serialnumber as computer name.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike Uninstall Script

So I've looked through various posts but haven't seen an exact way to do this yet. We've got Crowdstrike deploying properly but have two machines return the error below. We tried to re-install Crowdstrike, but I think it's a bad install, and we might...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recording LAPS for macOS password to EA

I am having trouble with recording the LAPS for macOS passwords to the LAPS EA. Everything works and there is no error, yet the LAPS EA is blank every time. I can see the password if I look at log details so I know the rest of the process works prett...  View more

bccaa7139f3c464fa04555a5372cf285 ded13a7cb9464e5b82b3a12b21b0ded8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Print Server

Is it possible to use the Jamf Printer settings to print directly to the Windows Print queue? I am currently setting the Device URI to "lpd://xx.yy.zz" but we want to change it to the windows print share but I cannot find any information on how to do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Wifi using Machine Certificates

Is it possible to tell the machine which certificate to use for Machine Authentication to the 802.1x Wifi? When I first make the connection I get a pop up like this: and the dropdown list contains these two choices - is-m-00112 is the machine cert On...  View more

dcdf7da9e20747e09fa8f9b9d5f92a8e 199057c33eef41839ae811b202d93fed
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing devices across different countries

Hello everyone. I am personally still quite new to Jamf, and IT administration in general, so I have a question that in my understanding falls under the "best practices" category. The company I work for has started using MacBooks and managing them wi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workaround for no ldap (JIM) can API help?

Hi All Looking for some help - assistance- moral support :)Unlike many enterprises - we have had a hard time getting JIM integrated in our infra due to the insecure architecture of JIM--- we would of used an ldap source primarily software allocations...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Selfservice APPs not installing (IOS)

2021-03-28 11:14:44,878 [INFO ] [duledPool-1] [VppLicenseMonitor ] - License monitor completed after 373.36 seconds2021-03-28 11:15:31,505 [INFO ] [Thread-4127] [InstallMDMAction ] - Entered com.jamfsoftware.jamf.installmdmrequest for type: APP, id: ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors