Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Active Directory Admins on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro

I've run into a very puzzling issue on our Apple Silicon MacBook Pros. A little background: We have a post-image/refresh workflow in Jamf Pro that does a bunch of things, such as renaming the Mac, binding it to AD, and installing various pieces of so...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Unable to Sign .mobileconfig File

Hello, I am attempting to set a date & time format from a configuration profile. For this, I located the com.apple.menuextra.clock.plist, copied this onto my desktop, then I opened it with Xcode, found the key I needed, changed the string value and s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search not working

Hi,I'm trying to search for a group of computers by hostname and the view isn't producing any results. I'm following the "Deploying macOS Upgrades with JAMF Pro" PDF and the steps given don't match what I have in the console. When entering the search...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop Patch Management

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I'm trying to use the Patch Management feature on Microsoft Remote Desktop (I found one in a community repository). The problem is that clients seem to report back a build number (? - I understa...  View more

8ec02909bc5b4161b40d21052c286c38
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airdropped application was allowed to run?

I received a report today that a teacher was able to airdrop and app from their personal Mac to their school-issued Mac and the app was allowed to run. Clearly I've missed something in my setup. Because teachers cannot run .pkg files on school comput...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is everyone managing their System Extensions ?

Just curious to see if other admins are managing their system extensions all within a single profile. We use Symantec, CrowdStrike, and AnyConnect, which all have bundled profiles from the vendor (including the system extensions). Just wondering if a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you update critical Google Chrome versions?

Hey, I roll out Chrome Updates passively using https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9923111?hl=en. As this config can not force any updates, I am sometimes required to manually force them in urgent cases. This was the case on Friday with the 88...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Command Line upgrade

Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense --forcequitapps --nointeraction & I am using the above Command line to upgrade the Big Sur.However we get a pop up for log in at the last reboot.Do any one face the same iss...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Troubleshooting LaunchD Scheduled Script

I've be tasked with creating a deferral prompt for a Managed OS workflow. I've gotten everything figured out....except for LaunchD to actually trigger the deferred policy at a later time. Here's the problem section of code. ## Writes a simple script ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Organizations- Apple Configurator

Apple Configurator was upgraded from 1 to 2 on the old macbook air which had all the blueprints.could not apply the blueprint on the new ipad as the old macbook version was 10.13.6 and was getting certificate error.Used a new macbook air and copied t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Migrtation into another Jamf

Need to migrate our Jamf Pro tenant to another Jamf Pro tenant as our company was acquired. Our current setup includes DEP pre enrolled devices while the other company that acquired us uses DEP not pre enrolled. How can I do this?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Dock Items

Is anyone managing dock items with Jamf Pro on MacOS 11 devices? I've tried many different formats (ie. file://System/Applications/Mail.app) that I've seen posted in discussions (such as here) but nothing seems to be applying to the computer. No matt...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cannot get box drive extension loaded

So we are trying to deploy box drive to our users. I have packaged box in composer and gotten it successfully to install to the machines. However, I cannot get the extension approvals working. I have profiles to approve both the box KEXT and the asso...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting Network Shares

Hey JAMF'ers Our old method of mounting network shares was done via Applescript tied to a launchdaemon, implemented before I started working at the company. I've just been re-hacking it every few months as production's needs change. It works fine, bu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Authenticated login after any restart?

Hey all, we're currently adapting to our nEw NoRmAl with some zero-touch onboarding for macbooks through JAMF and windows machines through InTune. We had a healthy little competition to see exactly how smooth of an experience we can get, and there's ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble signing (Crowdstrike) mobile config

Figured I start a separate discussion as the primary one is focused on the System Extension Blocked issue. Ive spun my wheels trying to figure out I cannot sign the mobile config file, hope you all can see where I am going wrong. Followed the steps h...  View more

c5de19c85a3f4bac9dfafb3590a757b6 3de2efcb2aa74441a96a8c55301719fb
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom ScreenSaver script is not working on Big Sur.

I believe the issue is with the OS version line (Major and Minor), but I have very little experience in creating scripts. !/bin/sh # Get user logged into console and put into variable "user" user=ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4osMajor=$(sw_vers ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rename "MacBook"

Our companies naming convention in JAMF is fairly simple, firstname.lastname. We do not have an active directory. Currently, I have to change the name manually in JAMF for each new computer. Since the user puts their name in during the Apple set up m...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors