Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Join domain in JAMF

I want to have 31 iMacs join our local domain. I'm certain this is a config profile, but not 100% sure on how to configure this. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout Script with the Option to Cancel logout

Is there a way you can write a bash script to bring up a Jamf helper option with 2 buttons? OK and Cancel. With OK continuing on with the script and then logging out. But if the user clicks cancel it would actually cancel the logout and put them back...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up AD CS in DMZ

Hey all - I'm trying to set up the infrastructure for ADCS Connector, and the web-facing requirement forces me to put it in a DMZ. We are setting up ADCS as our internal CA. There seems to be a requirement to have the ADCS Connector in a domain with ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Dockutil question

Hi all, We're trying to use dockutil to remove some apps and add a few behind DEPNotify at first boot using this script. It's not working - anyone have any ideas why? I realized I could have used $3 for current user after I wrote it... go figure. #!/...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Database Performance Enhancement

I just saw that Jamf Pro 10.27 is out and has this waning: "Jamf Pro 10.27 includes a database performance enhancement which requires MySQL 5.7.8 or later." Does anyone know exactly what the performance enhancement is? I am running MariaDB and want t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SIngle Sign on w/Azure

Does anyone use the Single sign on feature while using Azure and ldap to connect/authenticate? im wondering of there is more of a delay if i only use the admins as a group for this feature as we also use Jamf protect. I dont want the end users to hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf ensure policies are enforced, package not removed.

Hi, so in SCCM i have applications and do detection method for an application. With jamf of course there are packages and package receipts. When you have an essential application like an antivirus how do you make sure it stays on the machine. For exa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.27 Now Available

Hi Jamf Nation, We are excited to deliver two significant integrations with the latest version of Jamf Pro including an integration with Azure AD for scoping and authentication and the ability to deploy a Jamf Protect installer package from Jamf Pro....  View more

• 35 replies
  • 1 kudos

Software update policy Xcode cmdline tools

Hey, Just testing out the software update using a policy in Jamf. One thing I've noticed is for people with xcode cmdline tools it updates their xcode. This is kind of bad as for some engineers it breaks their terminal depending on how they have it s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass delete saved searches

Hello, as I have a long list of saved advanced searches, both for Mobile devices and computers, I was wondering if there is a way or can be implemented, to have multiple-choice selection of the advanced saved searches, in order to delete them in bulk...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ForeScout agent deployment - Script

Hey, So, after lots of tests and struggling with new ways to migrate DMG file to PKG I found that none of them really works and the agent never starts and works properly... I found this script (don't remember where) and this solved my issue! ``` !/bi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profiles

Hello All, I have a few cf files that were created and show in the Jamf console, and a few that were created I believe with the PPPC utility.However, not all the profiles show in Jamf and are being deployed to some systems. In other words, on certain...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webex Teams Package for Self Service

Hey Everyone, I am battling with Webex teams simply trying to get it to deploy via self service. No matter what I try it just doesn't go despite reporting installed in the logs. I have tried uploading it via Jamf Admin as is in dmg form and attempted...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

eSIM Configuration Profile

Is there a configuration profile in Jamf Pro for configuring eSIM server URL? When I looked at the cellular configuration settings, the eSIM portion is missing. We are looking at configuring our devices so that they get the configuration as soon as t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SymantecRemovalTool.command 8.0.3 Help

Hey Jamf Nation! We are trying to remove SEP 14.x from all our Macs. We deploy the .command file to /private/var then have "File and Processes" start the shell script file. You'd think this would work fine since "File and Processes" is a root executi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop macOS update in progress

I need to get in to free more space so the upgrade will succeed. As soon as I log in, the update starts. Safe mode doesn’t seem to help. For some reason the admin password that I use to login doesn’t work in Recovery Mode or Transfer Mode.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OLD - Azure CA and Connect - post replaced

UPDATE 04JAN2022: Link updated to https://www.jamf.com/blog/how-to-azure-conditional-access-and-jamf-connect/ UPDATE 10DEC2021: The information in this post has been replaced by https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-connect/jamf-connect-and-microsoft-az...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Duti question

Here's a fun one for you duti users out there... I'm attempting to use duti with this script to set defaults. The commands work when run locally, but when I attempt to use a script or a command in Files & Processes, they don't work. It also didn't wo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Admins on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro

I've run into a very puzzling issue on our Apple Silicon MacBook Pros. A little background: We have a post-image/refresh workflow in Jamf Pro that does a bunch of things, such as renaming the Mac, binding it to AD, and installing various pieces of so...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Unable to Sign .mobileconfig File

Hello, I am attempting to set a date & time format from a configuration profile. For this, I located the com.apple.menuextra.clock.plist, copied this onto my desktop, then I opened it with Xcode, found the key I needed, changed the string value and s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search not working

Hi,I'm trying to search for a group of computers by hostname and the view isn't producing any results. I'm following the "Deploying macOS Upgrades with JAMF Pro" PDF and the steps given don't match what I have in the console. When entering the search...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop Patch Management

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I'm trying to use the Patch Management feature on Microsoft Remote Desktop (I found one in a community repository). The problem is that clients seem to report back a build number (? - I understa...  View more

8ec02909bc5b4161b40d21052c286c38
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airdropped application was allowed to run?

I received a report today that a teacher was able to airdrop and app from their personal Mac to their school-issued Mac and the app was allowed to run. Clearly I've missed something in my setup. Because teachers cannot run .pkg files on school comput...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is everyone managing their System Extensions ?

Just curious to see if other admins are managing their system extensions all within a single profile. We use Symantec, CrowdStrike, and AnyConnect, which all have bundled profiles from the vendor (including the system extensions). Just wondering if a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you update critical Google Chrome versions?

Hey, I roll out Chrome Updates passively using https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9923111?hl=en. As this config can not force any updates, I am sometimes required to manually force them in urgent cases. This was the case on Friday with the 88...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Command Line upgrade

Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense --forcequitapps --nointeraction & I am using the above Command line to upgrade the Big Sur.However we get a pop up for log in at the last reboot.Do any one face the same iss...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors