Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Manage devices - basic config

We've been using Jamf for MacOS for a while, but are about to invest heavily in iPads and want nothing more than to assure asset retention, i.e. that all the find my iphone/activation lock jazz won't prevent us repurposing or recycling a device after...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to add to static group

I'm hoping to create a simple script that will add a computer to a pre-defined static group. I've seen multiple examples here in the forum, but they all appear to do much more than what I'm looking for (for example, we don't need anything that calls ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass update user position

Hi,I need to update all the user positions in jamf pro.I’ve already update the user base in apple school manager with the next year grade. Jamf don't update user position by syncing with apple school manager.I have no LDAP or active directory availab...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Easier selective sync to cloud distribution point

We have cloud Jamf Pro and both an on prem DP and a cloud one. Most packages need to be available to users on or off campus, but there are a few which are used only in the campus computer labs and which are too big for the cloud DP to accept. In orde...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble logging into Scout

I recently came across Scout https://github.com/jacobschultz/scout-public and installed this as a test in a VM. I had a few challenges along the way as things have been updated since the documentation was last updated but I now have it working and di...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Firefox install script

Hi Just curious if anyone else is having an issue with FirefoxInstall.sh that Joe Farage uploaded on here. It use to work but for the past week it just doesn't install Firefox on multiple mac ranging from High Sierra to Catalina? Never mind just upda...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS inventory update every 4 hours

I am looking for a way to complete an inventory update on a smart group of iOS devices on a 4-hour window? We have a batch of iPads used to display information for various rooms, and if X number iPads don't check-in within the windows, I would like f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended iOS Restrictions per grade level

We are setting up new iPads for our elementary aged students. We have been 1 to 1 in Middle School for quite a while now, but I'm needing some recommendations on younger student restrictions. Can anyone share their Configuration Profile and recommend...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Microsoft 365 / OneDrive username?

We've recently run into an issue where a user accidentally logged in to their personal Microsoft 365 account rather than the company account, which creates some data headaches as company files were syncing to a personal account. I'm trying to find a ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS App Requests and Static groups

We really want to use the App Request feature for iPad apps, but having a static user group for the Requesters is problematic. The problem of having to manually add/remove users from a group is the whole reason smart groups exist. The App Request fea...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Application Installation and Updates

I've created this script with some bits from other scripts I've seen here.What I've tried to do is create one script that can use parameters for multiple apps. Use cases are: installing a single app, installing multiple or all apps, installing autoup...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to generate software reports

Our asset management dept is asking how to get reports of software installed on machines. I can output an applications list, but it's WAY too detailed, meaning minor versions are all listed separately per device which makes it way too complicated to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login AD and multiple domains

Hi. I have a question about NoMAD Login AD. The context is an AD that manage multiple domains. When Mac are bound to AD with the AD connector and in one of the domains, users authenticate using their AD logon which is firstname.lastname@one the domai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font management

Our company is looking to use the Monotype's Mosaic to deploy and manage fonts that we purchase going forward. I'm wondering if it's possible to disable all other means for our users to install fonts on their Mac so that they are only able to use Mos...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom, iOS and Lockdown Browser

We are exploring trying to use Zoom and Lockdown browser for off the network test proctoring and we need this to work on iOS devices. So far we haven't seen a way to get the Zoom video to stay live when the Lockdown browser opens. I thought I would o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Create mobile account at login

So we're all remote yet may still be hiring and may need to roll out new hardware.All of our Macs are bound to AD and all users are mobile accounts.My question is how do I remotely have a user login to create a mobile account at login when outside ou...  View more

72da2550dfd448eaa345dbd61bb808d6
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

LAPS fails on Catalina 2020 MacBook Pro

We have been using LAPS to reset our local admin password on a daily basis using https://github.com/NU-ITS/LAPSforMacI noticed that now all machines running Catalina fail with the attached error related to permission. Any comments?  View more

34a71c970e574467a992b098e0ed2ac3
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles / Directory

Hi,we want to add a network link as vfiler.xxxx.xx/room01 with a configuration profile.Directory : Active DirectoryServer hostname : username : totopassword : verify password : ** It not works.We must add the Mac in Active Directory domain to resolve...  View more

7442eddde0c545f09bab2e6c2cbed1a6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors