Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Upgraded labs to Catalina, now AD accounts can't log in

In need of some help. I work at a small university, and we have 7 Mac labs, 6 of which are managed with Jamf Pro Cloud. Several of them we upgraded to Catalina last week, and now in these spaces, when someone tries to log in with their active directo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API for iOS Application

I am attempting to create an iOS app to help my company out with simple tasks that the API should be able to handle. The problem I am facing is that the API for JAMF is less than friendly from what I can tell. I have Postman scripts using the Classic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss account password policy api endpoint

I'm writing a tool to pull a lot of security info from JSS to write a report. It's going well but I can't find a way to pull out the password policy info for the local accounts. Is there a way to get the info or will I have to resort to actually logg...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

正しいプッシュ証明書の確認と更新方法 + 同じアップルID使用できない場合の対処方法

プッシュ証明書の更新方法をスクリーンショットを添えて説明したいと思います。 注意:・異なるプッシュ証明書を更新した場合、正しいプッシュ証明書に変更して下さい。・プッシュ証明書の更新にはジャムフ・プロとプッシュ ポータルへのアクセスが必要になります。・「なぜ同じプッシュ証明書を使って更新しなければならないのか」についてを確認して下さい。 同じプッシュ証明書を使用しないと登録されたコンピュータはジャムフ・プロとの通信ができなくなってしまいます。その為、どのプッシュ証明書が同じ / 正しいのかをまず確...  View more

2793c1bf70274d6da8a6cbd83a454fd6 32cfbb6c9aba4580869025c32f0a68e4 0531ff476c0f482b991b4aa8d21f592d 32d8ca3bb6cf4e7a8b1c15e6ff266940
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

なぜ同じプッシュ証明書を使って更新しなければならないのか。

プッシュ証明書の更新はVPP、DEPと同じで毎年行う必要があります。更新方法はその他の証明書と同様に簡単ですが、 以下の注意点を留意しないと登録済みのコンピュータ / デバイスとの通信が止まってしまう可能性があります。・同じアップルIDを使用する必要有り。・同じApple Device Managementを使用する必要有り。 「なぜ同じプッシュ証明書を使って更新しなければならないのか」を昔懐かしい関所を例に説明してみたいと思います。 ジャムフはアップルのAPNsを使ってジャムフ・プロに登録され...  View more

a373b0d7058546178a083b2ad0dfa020
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Populate an EA from a string of text from a file

Greetings,I'm trying to populate an EA by reading a string of text from the hidden .identity file (located in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan) that is created when CrashPlan is installed and configured for a user. From what I can see, the user...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy run scripts "security"

Hi All, Curious about whether a client machine caches scripts that it's told to run, or are they just handled at runtime by the jamf binary? Basically:Do I want the client to talk directly to our asset management system and have credentials within th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF JSS iPads passcode LAPS

Hello, It seems like there is no such integrated feature on JSS for iPads and I could not find anything so far, anybody has any ideas if there is something like that available? Or even if it is possible? Basically the idea is to reset the iPad's pass...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Policies Stuck In Loop

Just opened a ticket about this but it's kind of a nightmare since I was forced into self quarantine unexpectedly at the beginning of the week so I only have a fresh laptop and no test machines and my users are also all remote.Anyone else experiencin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.23 Beta 2 Now Available!

Build 2 of Jamf Pro 10.23 Beta is now available, and we'll be upgrading your instances later today! We've added several fixes and refinements including Automatic Renewal of MDM ProfilesThe MDM profile for computers and mobile devices will now be auto...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX iOS Direct Self Service Account

I realize this is not a JAMF issue, but since I have not been able to get the answer from our Apple rep, I thought I would throw this out there. We established a GSX account for our school seven years ago under what was then referred to as the iOS Di...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Updates Not Installing

Any anybody found a way help improve the success rate of VPP apps not installing. I'm seeing a 50% failure rate and due to Jamf's not every attempting a VPP install if their push to apple install a second time I'm stuck between a rock and a hard plac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP setup with Dynamic-Microsoft CA not working

Hey all, we have the SCEP running with a configuration profile and the challenge type is static. That's working for us.But we want to change the challenge type to Dynamic-Microsoft CA When changing it to Dynamic-Microsoft CA, we run into the known PI...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Micro extension blocked

I'm having a problem with trend on Catalina. I have a Kernel Extension whitelist config profile on the machine, but the security tab still says I have to click allow.  View more

d3d4249aa7d943469c9dacf99277234d 1d16a8d7b319456987813ec76536fe8d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group July 2020 Meeting

It's been awhile...and may be a while longer before we can meet up in person in NYC again, so we're going virtual!Come join us on Wednesday, July 8, 4:30 to 6:30 PM via Zoom. Everyone is invited to the 33rd (but first virtual) NYC Metro Jamf User Gro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wake Apple TV

We are currently using Apple TV as digital signage around our campuses. Every night, security shuts off the TV resulting in the apple TV going to sleep. Is there a function within JAMF that I can push a command to all Apple TV's to wake up?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Mojave self service quit all apps

I tested catalina one touch deployment in self service using the -'quitallapps in the commandAnd it reboots with no problems. But with mojave not having the -quitallapps the self service policy looks to get stuck because self service stays open, how ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur - Self Service wont open

I know its early days with BS. But anyone who is able to test Self Service fails to open. I remember similar last year with Catalina and the workaround was to make full screen but that does not work this time Just putting it out there.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppressing the EULA for Adobe Reader DC 2020

Hi all,I'm wondering how people are suppressing the EULA on Adobe Reader DC 2020? Have you had any problems with this? I can't get it to stop popping up. I'm wondering how others are handling this? I've read through the Adobe Admin guide for Macintos...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart groups for Enrollment Invitations?

I am running into a couple of problems. We have a college that gives their students an iPad that is Jamf configured. This year they opted to allow students to "BYOD" but still use Jamf. I am struggling here with Smart Groups. I have made one that see...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS Issues...Among Other Things

Hello all. This upgrade to 10.22.1 has come with some challenges. I have an open ticket with Jamf, but I'm in a bind and on a time crunch so I'm reaching out to the community for ideas. We have Jamf Cloud and starting yesterday no device can be enrol...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Uninstalling Software.

I never Index, but now I need to uninstall old 32 bit software. Can someone guide me through a script? Not Fancy, just down and dirty or a start that I can take over and figure out. Thanks for considering! LEGO Education WeDo Software v1.2 installs t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors