Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

JAMF causing battery drain? How to determine?

Firstly, I'm new to JAMF, having started at a company as a manager of someone who has already been using jamf for a few years. I've had a number of complaints from users, and noticed myself, that the battery life on our machines is very bad. Addition...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Workspace package and policy

Hi all, Fairly new to Jamf, having an issue getting a Self-Service installer for Citrix Workspace to function.I have downloaded the .dmg file from Citrix, packaged it up, and added it to an install policy. I've enabled FUT and FEU as it's a .dmg and ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS problem with EnabledSystemIdentifiers

Dear Jamf, i use NETSUS for my netboot installs, but i can't seem to get EnabledSystemIdentifiers models to work properly as all netboot images show up on All models regardless what entries are marked in EnabledSystemIdentifiers and DisabledSystemIde...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Added a new Token

Added a new token is there a faster way to reset the app license than going into the app setting > managed distribution > edit > clicking location and then saving for every single app.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 5.0.1 IMage Restrictions

Dear All.i am having an issue with NetSus, i have lots of ASD's (Apple Service Diagnostics) that should run on specific machines only, and i have restricted them previously.The problem is that NetSus doesn't assume those restrictions, and to make mat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login help

I'm just getting up to speed on Jamf and NoMAD. Given our AD setup I believe NoMAD Login will be our best option. So far I can't get a basic setup to work. Our userPrincipalName field is the client email address. Let's say that it's "joe@foo.com". Ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade NetSUS from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1

Hello, I inherited a very out of date NetSUS server running 4.2.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS. Ideally I'd like to update Ubuntu to 18, but this seems as its still experimental with netsus so not fully necessary. That begin said, logging onto the current U...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating default website for Chrome

I'm sure this has been posted many times. Long story short, one of our execs asked if we can have Chrome display our wiki whenever opens a new tab or window. I can't seem to find the answer to this. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you in advance!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Policy For Google Chrome/Docs

Hi, I am lost on how to do this. Can I please get some assistance? That would be great! Here's what I am trying to do: Remove Auto-Spell In Google Docs Restrict all but basic Chrome features Block all bookmarks Allow access to ONLY the following: Goo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full HD error T2 Macbook Air Catalina

Hi! Edit: Google Drive run amucknevermind We were in the early stages of rolling out new computers to staff when suddenly everyone was sent home. working with teachers flying blind to fix issues.Teacher accidentally recorded her screen for an hour us...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates to Google Chrome deployment for macOS

We are excited about recent updates that make Chrome on macOS easier to deploy and manage. Our work with the Google Chrome for Enterprise Team is ongoing, and this first release benefits not only Jamf Pro admins, but everyone who manages Mac at scale...  View more

• 78 replies
  • 28 kudos

Trying to sync Azure LDAP Groups/ Users

Hey, I hope you are doing well at this time. I'm configuring/ testing Azure LDAP services to Jamf Pro. It works but I have a few questions to receive some background information and to finalize the configuration. 1) I created a new Security Group on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS 9.X functionality in 10.20

Hello, I am looking at upgrading to 10.20 and saw that 9.x is untested in this version and a few of the previous ones. I have about 500 iPad 2s and iPad Mini 1s in use, and wanted to know if anyone is on 10.20 with 9.x devices, and if so have you not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote package deployment

For various security reasons our JAMF installation does not allow installs from outside the network. With our company being all WFH this has it's challenges. I thought I would share a script I use to deploy necessary packages remotely. If I borrowed ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy and Config Hangouts Meet

We are pushing out Google Hangouts Meet to our managed iPads (VPP licenses), wondering if we can push out variables or anything else to pull the user account into the app as well?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto Updater & Restrictions Payload

Hi all, We currently have the Delay Software Update by X Days enabled in a macOS Restrictions profile. Does anyone know if this also affects updates available through Microsoft Auto Updater? Let's say I wanted to restrict the Office apps, which we in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Install Software

Hello everyone; We are a K-12 school district looking to provide "at home" support during usual business hours. Our teachers have their Macbooks at home, and we have a strictly on-prem JAMF environment. Device externally can check into JAMF, and do s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outset - Jamf helper script

So I started to use outset for 1st time login script. I have made a jamfhelper script that I have packagedSo when logging in the jamf helper script appears, so outset does the job - but when I then click on the "ok" button in that should trigger a po...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

need some help with DEPNotify Script

Hi, need some help with DEPNotify Script. I am trying to call a Jamf Policy after clicking Complete button. I am using this script: https://github.com/jamf/DEPNotify-Starter/blob/master/depNotify.sh If anyone has any suggestions, how I can make this ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors