Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

How do i enable remote login and remote management

How do i enable remote login and remote management on a mac 10.14.6 , machine is on a different site and i need to to enable it remotely .I have tried the script,ARD management, Do we have any other option ? I am able to just observe the machine, not...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scripting question

So I have a question that I am sure someone smarter in scripting than me can answer. And maybe it has already been answered in another question. If it has, please direct me to that discussion. I am trying to write a script that requires a sudo comman...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

MacOS apps - lots of issues

We’re using Jamf to deliver VPP licensed apps via self service. We have the following issues: When applications require updating, they don’t automatically update – I believe this is configured within JSS but seemingly has no effect. E.g. Microsoft Re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Add AD Users to FV

Had anyone ever experienced this issue when an AD user tries to log into a freshly built machine and I go to Security & Privacy > Filevault > Padlock (Enter Admin Creds) > then click on enable users , you should get a window with the users that can b...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Class Groups

We are a K-12 school system and are trying to put together active directory groups to assign iOS apps to. We are pulling data out of our student information system to put into AD but are coming across some hurdles. How are other school districts hand...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Software Update Server Address Location

Does anyone know where in Mojave I can do a "Defaults read/write" to manipulate the address for the Software Update Server? I have a situation where only if I whitelist a machine through my firewall am I able to do OS updates. App Store updates work ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Configuration Profile help

Anyone know how to configure the Privacy Preferences Policy Control section in a Jamf Configuration Policy to whitelist dscl.exe running in Terminal? Here's the TCC info for the prompt:2019-09-06 15:20:14.901237-0500 0x82f1 Info 0x8ff0 7967 0 tccd: [...  View more

9a4064370e734d28b4aba42c33125ba2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to connect to the LDAP Server

I've setup our JIM and LDAP Proxy on an AD box with an external IP address and an externally resolving DNS but Jamf keeps saying it's unable to connect to the LDAP server when using the Test button. This JIM has one IP but dual DNS since our AD does ...  View more

4b901c725f0d48fd8e2462de2c03672e
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Convert managed iPhone to BYOD?

Is there a good established recipe for converting a company-supplied, Jamf-managed iPhone into a BYOD device? My company is offering this as a preferred option for its sales force, and I want to make sure I do it right.My intuition is:1. Remove from ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fall Boston Jamf User Group Meeting?

Hi folks. Hope everyone’s summer as been going well. Any volunteers for hosting a fall Boston Jamf User Group meeting? Spoke with Paul at Jamf and we’re both available to bring Jamf/Apple resources the first week of October, perhaps that Tuesday, Wed...  View more

f1d623c327464bffb50fa4489814f5ea
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Thoughts on jamf connect?

Hello Everyone, I looked at NoMAD prior to the acquisition by jamf and thought it was not ready for primetime in an enterprise environment. Wondering if anyone has any experience using this with 1k plus users? Also, we are primarily mac with some pc ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Nomad Welcome

Hello all. I have been trying to get the welcome window that pops up when you log in to a computer using nomad to not show. I have created a mobileconfig and tried a defaults write on the current preferences, also tried replacing the preferences all ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Firefox Extensions

With all of the "suspicious" browser extensions/add-ons that are available for both Google Chrome and Firefox, we have been keeping a close eye on them here in an attempt to build a baseline so that we can one day blacklist/whitelist certain extensio...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.7.0 Release

In this release, Jamf is excited to launch Jamf Connect Configuration, a new app that allows administrators to automatically configure and create computer configuration profiles for other Jamf Connect apps. You can use Jamf Connect Configuration to d...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

iBooks and jamf

I have an instructor that has created his own textbooks using iBook Author. He would like to push the textbook to the 75 iPads that his students will begin using as their eTextbook. I need to know what the best process is to get the textbook he creat...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

New macOS Environment Build Tips

If you were given the instruction to build an enterprise ready / friendly macOS environment, what are some things that you wish you would be able to implement or do that would make your life as an admin easier? As with anything, there are lessons lea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer Uninstall

I'm looking to create a script to uninstall TeamViewer as part of user initiated enrollment into JAMF Pro. I found this discussion here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22216/uninstall-teamviewer-via-script-or-terminal I have limited scr...  View more

b1cee3c608f249699cbe73ef34e5c3d5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2020 Apple/JAMF Goals

As we start to gear up for next year. From an Apple enterprise environment, what is everyone looking to accomplish for the following year? Any major upgrades or new implementations? Any new technology you are introducing. What were the major things y...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV and Stop Auto Login

Is there a way to allow a FV approved user to unlock the disk but NOT automatically log them in using their AD Credentials? the reason I ask is because i have some of our MBP configured so that the login credentials supplied at login page are used to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrect date with mdls

Hello, I would like to know if you already had this type of issue please. When I try to know the creation or modification date of any application on a 10.14.6 computer with the command line mdls, I always have the same date which is incorrect. (sudo ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors