Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

osascript wait for input before starting next line

I have an osascript I want to wait for input before proceeding to next line, I THINK I need to do a set T in it but It keeps failing... #!/bin/bash loggedInUser=$(stat -f%Su /dev/console) loggedInUID=$(id -u $loggedInUser) if [[ "$loggedInUser" != "r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting Catalina Betas

Restricting the following processes will block Catalina Beta installers Public Beta: Install macOS Catalina Beta.appDev Beta: Install macOS 10.15 Beta.app  View more

• 4 replies
  • 14 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.14.0 Beta 1 now available!

Jamf Pro 10.14 Beta 1 brings an exciting number of enhancements to Jamf Pro for administrators across all deployment types. We have heard your feedback and extension attributes can now be enabled or disabled via the user interface. Furthermore, Jamf ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Mac VPP App via script

Hi everyone, We have a couple apps that are on our Self Service that are VPP applications. I am trying to simplify our Deployment process and wanted to see if anyone knows if there is a way to install an App in Self Service via a script. I am creatin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a user certificate as a form of MFA for VPN

Hey, Hi. Hello. Wondering if you guys could provide some assistance with a task I have. In short, I want to remove all connections (manual, accidently downloaded, etc) and replace with the new/current/correct connection settings for use with a user c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud Fileshare Question

Does Jamf Cloud have a file share native to the cloud environment or are you expected to create an internal DP just for copying files/scripts? It's used for various things like XML copies/ad binding and stuff that can't really be done per package eve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf patching for Office 2016 vs 365

I have the 2016 patch titles configured, and it seems able to patch the 2016 titles without issue. My problem arises when I try to deploy updates to my 365 titles out there that are not updating properly. When I select to upgrade "all" in a Word patc...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Close Apps on Lock

I was wondering if anybody has managed to do this or knows of an app/utility that will close all active apps when the ipads lock. Reason: There is personal information that people will be filling out that needs to be blanked out if the device isn't u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office mix of MAU and MAS

Hi all we currently use the Microsoft auto update flavor of Office for our deployment but were interested in switching to the Mac App Store for all our apps EXCEPT Outlook, does anyone know if it's possible to mix and match like this, or is it an all...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop users from closing An application or auto reopen

Hi all, we are currently using ESET endpoint protection as an antivirus on our Macs. The problem we have is users keep closing the application. Is there a way to stop a user from closing an application? if not, is it possible to make it automatically...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 2019

Has anyone deployed Snagit 2019 with the license key? Ive tried using composer and installing snagit, activating it then creating the package but so far I havent had any luck doing it that way.Any Suggestions?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Connection drop at login screen on 10.14.5

Hi all We've got a fleet of machines which connect via 802.1x, authenticating as the machine, with the configuration profile being installed via Jamf. Noticing that the connection doesn't become active/drops at the login screen upon reboot. Not sure ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run an audit report

I would like to/need to be able to run a report that shows actions seen in the audit logs. In this case, I need a list of times I have run the "Issued Wipe Computer Command" on what devices. I can see this both in the audit log and in the change mana...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move from 1 Jamf to another

I have about 35 Macs in a old Jamf cloud and will be moving them to a new Jamf cloud. I have access to both and wanted to see if I could write a script to unenroll them and then reenroll them info the new Jamf. Majority of them are not DEP only 3 are...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee 10.6.2 on 10.14.5

I'm having an issue with a client installing McAfee 10.6.2 on macOS 10.14.5.I have a custom install, following McAfee's method that only installs threat prevention.When the install is finished McAfee is running but TP is not enabled. Using the McAfee...  View more

a749ff235cd34faeace5ef4620be1e6a
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DatabaseConnection.xml - Password

So we've been using Jamf for about 6-7 months now at my org. I noticed during the installation and configuration that the password to connect the JSS to the Database is stored in plain-text in the Database.xml. I thought.. this is a terrible idea to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smartcard App for information

Hello all, we have a smartcard in our company for email-encryption, login for special intranet websites and so on. The smardcard has a 6-digit key for authentication. The problem:Windows told us if the smardcard is locked.macOS ask for the key again ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Pre-Stage Enrollment

I have about 500 iPads that live in one PreStage. I want to move them to a new PreStage. I really don't want to go through each one and uncheck and check 500 tiny little boxes. Anyone have any idea?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory first thing in the AM

For somewhat elaborate reasons I want to create a policy that will run a jamf inventory update on computers when they first arrive at the office in the morning. I tried doing a smart group like the attached image, however it goes off of a 24 hour per...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors