Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Disable AirPrint on macOS?

Does anyone have a suggestion for blocking AirPrint discovery on macOS? I have an Printopia Pro AirPrint server configured for iOS devices. iPhone and iPad users can quickly print to printers on-the-fly, from meetings, walking down the hall, etc. Ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting iPad up as new.

I am trying to figure out a way to force students to set their iPad up as new and not load last years iCloud backup. (this will be happening in the fall) Ive chosen to have Apps & Data not be shown in my pre-stage enrollment, but it still shows up. A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Setup

Moving from Filewave to Jamf so setting up Jamf from scratch and have tons of questions. I have Staff MBAirs and Lab Computers. Should I create Static groups or Smart Groups?What is the best practice? Right now my computers are in the Prestage Enroll...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging Xcode simulators

Has anyone got a quick method to package Xcode simulators... I relied on a script by erikng (https://github.com/erikng/scripts/tree/master/makexcodesimulators) which worked fine for quite a while but lately it is failing with an error (Downloading ht...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain - strange - unable to reset

On one mac client where I register it with company portal it first prompt for user to sign-in with AD credentials. And works fine.Then Jamf is prompting to sign in and also there user and password is accepted. Then finally keychain is prompting for J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS patch management with jamf

Hello everyone, I'd like to know how it's possible to have an efficient way to update all client with the latest version of macOS. I don't want to force it with forcefully restart etc. but perhaps with the most steps in a hidden way and afterwards th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps layout

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for how to organize the apps? i'd like to disappear the icons that wont be used and maybe sort app into folders  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute for Chrome only works in terminal

So the name of the chrome extension is is listed below and running this script in terminal brings forth no issues, but running the script in EA does. i ran a recon - verbose and it throws and error into the TMP file !bin/bash Pulls the current logged...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment

Hello folks,I’m switching over from Filewave to Jamf and I’m starting with my lab computers and something is not working. Here is what I have done and is working. I have all my lab comp switched over in DEP.I setup enrollment profile.I created a stat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud and SUS

Im new to Jamf cloud and also this environment, however, i wanted to clarify a few things. i came from a on-prem JSS with a FDS for packages and (previously) and SUS server before Apple server removed that functionality. is it safe to assume that pat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Profile limited to local user affecting other users

I've set up a configuration profile to set dock items for local Guest accounts. I've got the profile targeted at computer level with a limitation to local user 'Guest'. It works fine when logging in as guest - the dock briefly appears as the default ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS X Image Design - Mojave

Howdie community, Pretty new to Jamf and MacOS X imaging. We are about to initiate a greenfield deployment and rollout ~500 Macbook Pros running Mojave . Curious, how you'll have setup your images, what all different components you have included in y...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Config Profile Switch

Our environment is switching from a EAP-PEAP credential auth to an EAP-TLS certificate auth configuration, and want to know if anyone has any experience with doing this with the same SSID being used for both profiles. We want to try and get little-to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Finder, login items, and config profiles

I'm setting up a kiosk account with simple Finder enabled, along with some login items and preferences, via configuration profiles. The dock, simple Finder, and app config settings all apply successfully in Mojave, but the login items never open. Is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.4.1 Release

What’s New: Bug Fixes Jamf Connect Login 1.2.0 – N/A Jamf Connect Sync 1.0.4 – N/A Jamf Connect Verify 1.1.1 – [JC-419] Fixed an issue that prevented PingFederate end users from obtaining Kerberos tickets where a domain was not specified in the user’...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reporting on Notarization

Anyone have any luck creating an Extension Attribute to report on what Apps and Kexts are not Notarized? I started with this, but I'm not getting the information outputted into something useful. Ideally I'd like to only show rejected apps, but anythi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Dragging

In MacOS on a Macbook, in the Accessibility widget (in System Preferences) if you scroll all the way down to 'Mouse & Trackpad', and then click on the 'Trackpad Options' button, there is a by-default-unchecked box for 'Enable Dragging'. This option i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom FileVault2 Config

Want to turn on FV2 with a configuration profile but not allow the end user to defer. (IE .. select 'cancel' when the popup window appears at logout.) I have tested, gotten help from Jamf, gotten help from MacAdmin, but I just cannot get it to work. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Settings in apps on iPads

I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but I have to ask: Is it possible to push app settings to iOS devices with Jamf Pro? Specifically, we want to force the Camera App to use Most Compatible mode (JPEG/H.264) instead of the default High Efficiency (HE...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Set Jamf Pro computer name to name of computer

Hi all, the company I work for has a naming convention for all systems. Laptops are the serial number with a -LDesktops are the serial number with a -D I have written a script that handles this. The problem is the name does not update in the jamf pro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors