Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Google File Stream - Bundle ID issue

If any one is running into this same exact issue with Google File Stream not working on macOS 10.14.5. Chances are that you're running 31.0.12. I ran into this issue this morning when I redid my system. It pulled down 31.0.12 and it wouldn't launch g...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting To Jamf Cloud Server

After enrolling Macs in to our Jamf Cloud Server, there is a Public IP Address and a Private IP Address. Because of this, I am unable to push any policies or remote into any machines. When trying to remote in to a machine if fails, because the Server...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

I built DockBuilder for you.

DockBuilder allows for the building of a user's Dock based on an organization's needs. DockBuilder eliminates the need for a user template which only allows for a static Dock for all users, and template manipulation can cause issues in newer versions...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 19 kudos

Printer setup

Hello! We have about 15 schools each with a set of printers that we have been autoconfiguring for our staff on their jamf enrolled laptops. The problem we have is that they set one of the printers in the school as a default printer for them, and on n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing Services Configuration Profile

Does anyone achieved to disable any sharing services payload through Configuration Profiles..? Anytime I try to disable anyone of them, they get back to life and at the end, no sharing service has been disabled on client side.. Even through ProfileCr...  View more

d32feb82130a43afa851640514e759f6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Apple Updates

What's the best way to force MacOS software updates or make the supplemental updates available via Self Service? Is anyone currently doing this?  View more

• 19 replies
  • 2 kudos

Self service not connected - conditional access

After we have enabled conditional access I see several clients that suddenly cannot login to Office365 and just keep going into loop. I can see their device is registered in azure as it should. All the clients with that problem has also the issue tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update old installations of JC Login

We've been using Jamf Connect Login since version 1.0.0Then Microsoft changed something to the login page and we updated the package that is used during enrollment to a working version of JC Login. After enrollment we disable the JC Login pop-up at b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Intel Chip Vulnerability (ZombieLoad) Speculative Execution and Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerabilities. How to enable full Mac mitigation.

I put together a quick article on the latest Speculative Execution and Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerabilities aka ZombieLoad. I included both articles that Apple released today on the subject. I will show you what you need to do if yo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.13 Beta 1 is now available!

This beta features a number of improvements to workflows across your iOS and tvOS devices, as well as additional enhancements and bug fixes. Here’s a rundown of what’s new: The mobile device configuration profiles Passcode payload has a redesigned in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 8 kudos

Tracking iPad inventory in Schools

Hello, I'm trying to track down iPads in our school district that are not being used. My 2 criteria are (Last inventory update, 30 days ago) and (150 days ago). My only problem here is, any iPad that is tagged with those criteria means that they are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store apps install twice!

Hi, I wonder if anyone experienced this issue - as soon as Mac is enrolled into Jamf, App Store apps (like GarageBand, iMovie, Pages, Numbers and Keynote) would install successfully, as expected. But after first recon some or all those apps would rei...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Launch or Re-loading Plist ono login

Hi Guys, I'm currently using a plist to create network mappings for users in each department. This works flawless on first login but im running into an issue. If the machine goes to sleep with the logged in user it seems the network card goes to slee...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD best practice

We're in the process of building a POC Jamf build, we have lots of aspects working well but want to use NoMAD for authentication to central filers and printers. We use DEP, and the user account creation process takes the LDAP credentials supplied as ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Bookmarks to Bookmarks Bar

I am capable of adding bookmarks to a "managed bookmarks" folder with the following code and deploy that via a policy. But to make things easier on the younger students, I would like to deploy bookmarks instead to the bookmarks bar. How can this be d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Managed Apps from iPads

Just wanted to understand what the process is here: I placed an app in the Self Service Store, and I believe some students installed this app when they shouldn't have. I've scoped out the student devices from the original deployment (I always make su...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Plugin's in Safari

I'm attempting to deploy the Okta plugin for both Chrome & Safari. If anyone has any advice or methods to do this - advice is happily accepted! Safari: Downloaded the application from the App store. Created a composer package with a post install scri...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP apps installing multiple times on macOS 10.14.4

Wondering if anyone has seen the same issue as us and/or found a solution? I'm currently building our new DEP oriented workflows (late, I know) and have the outline of it all working. However, I'm seeing a strange issue where our computers enroll in ...  View more

4eba333df5d941a383f216566b06d5b3
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Enterprise Connect

I'm hoping someone can provide some insight on this issue.We're currently using filewave and we have EC associated to brand new computers and it is bundled with Custom Profile Settings and a script to open EC during installation. My question is how w...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palo Alto TRAPS Smart Computer Group creation

I discovered after installing TRAPS on my mac that a .plist called com.paloaltonetworks.traps-agent was installed. I was hoping I could look for this plist to see if TRAPS was installed, but cannot find an obvious filter to look for it. Any suggestio...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors