Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.46.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.46.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI111508] Resolved a broken access control issue within an authentication implementation (CVE-2023-31224). [PI111680] Jamf Pro users who u...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.47.0 Beta 2 Is Now Available!!

Hello Jamf Nation! We're excited to announce as of Jamf Pro 10.47.0 Beta 2 in addition to the Release Notes we'll be using Jamf Engage Guides to call out new features and enhancements directly in your Jamf Pro Beta Instance! You'll find links to Beta...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.46 - Release Notes Video

Customer Education is back again with our next Jamf Pro Release Notes video! Join us for an overview of some of the new features and enhancements that are available in Jamf Pro 10.46. We hope this resource continues to provide additional details to s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 7 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 5 kudos

Forcing Default Printer

Been looking through the forums, and I couldn't find anything regarding forcing a default printer for a user (where they couldn't change the default printer). Looking to set a specific printer that is installed on some of our users computers to be th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP purchases showing in wrong VPP account

I added a new account in Apple School Manager. Call it Account 2. There was an existing account, Account 1. Added Account 2 to VPP accounts in JAMF. Logged into VPP online using Account 2, did the token transfer to the JAMF VPP Account 2 from VPP onl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming Computer Issues

I am using a simple AppleScript here to rename our computers before they get bound to AD. The computer name changes via the script, but as soon as it "Checks in" the names change back to MacBook Air. Occasionally it works fine and does not change bac...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Category Assigned

Is there a way to change the category name "No Category Assigned" to something else? I would like to change it to Testing. I know I can just create a category called Testing and assign everything in "No Category Assigned" to it, but I would just like...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

T2 chip with FileVault

Hi, Just got the MBP 2018 A1990 models shipped today, damn the combination of T2 and FileVault is lightning fast, after DEP enrollment, FV enabled there are no more encryption times. Nice! *As for the disk controller? There isn’t one—or more accurate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying an application that requires KEXT

Hello, I'm deploying a new app that contains a .kext file. This causes the security exception window to pop up. I've created a Configuration Profile with an "apprroved kernel extension" section w/ the team ID to avoid the security messages. I need th...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Policy Best Practices

Greetings. How is everyone handling Patch policies? Specifically, say that I have a patch policy to update MS Excel (could be any application) and I want to push it out to a test group before releasing it into the wild. I know that I can just scope i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waiting Room folder permissions

Im new to jamf, so bear with me. I have a script that runs just fine if the user is logged in as Root, but not as an admin. The script is removing an old asset management client. What ive found, is the rights on Waiting Room is limiting the script fr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault greyed out in Prestage Enrollment

Just an odd question, I was going through our prestage enrollment options and I noticed there was an option for Privacy and FileVault, when I go into edit them I can select Privacy but FileVault is greyed out. Is FV being greyed out normal? Edit: on ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange server error on iPad

I'm running into an issue with some new iPads where the connection to our Exchange server gives an error after the iPad is set up through the pre-stage enrollment. Nothing has been changed in the configuration profile for the Exchange settings or on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading printer - remove and add at the same time?

Hi allI'm upgrading Canon production printer copier with new model.I would like to keep the same name of printer yet uninstall printer and drivers (if possible) from clients, and at the same time add the new printer so users have instant access to th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro Screen sharing

Hi All, Just wanted to confirm if we have Casper remote (screen sharing) feature available in JAMF pro latest release. Also if there are any dependency or prerequisite to enable it. Thanks!!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users bypassing System Prefs restrictions payload

Hi, One of our users has found a way to bypass the restrictions payload we use to prevent access to certain preference panes in System Preferences. The way they're doing this is by going to View > Customise, hiding panes and then using the Search box...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

macOS 10.13.6 and SMB shares through DFS

Hello, We have some problems with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and SMB shares through DFS.On our shares we use SMB 3 protocol.A lot of users (but not all) reported us some random permission issues so we had to force SMB1 protocol via nmsb.conf. Do you always...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

User detection script for Code42 using the Jamf API

I wrote up this script that you can drop into your Code42 deployment to grab the email address of your users using the JAMF API and if the email doesn't exist in JAMF the installer will prompt the user to enter their email before continuing. Hope it'...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

DEP: Remote Management/Enrollment vs System Sleep

I've got DEP-based machine setup up and running - learned a lot about getting things in the right order - and it's working pretty great. I can already see how this will make things much easier, for new machines at least (figuring out what will happen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to best deploy a plist and a script?

Hi, Am struggling a bit with deploying a plist and script. What i am trying to achieve is that i deploy the plist in the launchdeamon folder and the script in the scripts folder in a subfolder. Options i tried:1. Tried to package it and then deploy i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound Macbooks Prompting Password Change

Howdy, We are having an issue with our Macbooks on High Sierra that are bound to AD with a box that pops up when the user tries to log in:Password Expiration: Your password will expire in 29 days.... Is this because we have "Create Mobile Accounts" s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove file extension if part of file name script

I use OneDriveFB on Macs and somewhere there was a glitch where it added the file extension to the file name on a ton of files. I need help with a script to remove .pdf .jpeg .doc or any other extension and any spaces at the end or beginning of the f...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom Trigger calling two different policies.

Hi All, Is it possible to give 2 policies the same custom trigger name ? that are scoped differently I need to remove some software from our Macs. The script to do this is the same no matter what version of the OS it is running.I then want to immedia...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors