Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Smart Group within a Smart Group

I'm auditing a Jamf Pro server to see why there are so many problems. I have found over 20 Smart Groups that include other Smart Groups that are dependent on the first. For example: SG1 was dependent on six other SGs. When I looked into those six, me...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Outlook Office 2016 on-prem exchange

I'm looking for a way to do a TLS handshake with a load balancer via Outlook 2016/19.I want to deploy this via JAMF either an MDM or policy.I think the setting in the GUI is attached, I can't find any info on how to set this up.Any help would be grea...  View more

37814aedecbc43f6970e6a5b9add4a40
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling .DS_store Read

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could shed some light or recommend an alternative method to execute the below. We have a number of Mac users who access network shares, and we are experiencing performance issues when being accessed by Adobe applica...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable "Warn Before Quitting" in chrome

So what I am looking for is a way of disabling "Warn before Quitting" in chrome. One of the more recent updates brought this feature back and several students and faculty members do not like it. It's an easy enough fix but some updated chrome before ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Amazon Aurora Database

Has anyone tried running their Jamf Pro service on Amazon Web Services using an Aurora RDS instead of a MySQL RDS? I might try this in our dev environment, but I was curious if anyone else has already tested this.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is MDM_ComputerPrefs.plist in Mojave ?

Hi all, In previous version of macOS (El Cap, Sierra, High Sierra), the MDM_ComputerPrefs.plist is located at /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/MDM_ComputerPrefs.plist I now have a Mojave Macbook. When I search within /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/, I se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFS Connection issue

The server team upgraded our largest file server to DFS. We are having many issues from macOS. The connection is very unstable (disconnecting) and slow when connected from macOS clients. Do any of you out there had this issue and how did you resolve ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check If A Group Exists on Macbook

Hey! I was wondering if there was a way to check if a group existed on a MacBook? Like : If [Group exists] then ( do this) else (do nothing) Is there any quick and easy way to perform this? My scripting skills are still developing so I appreciate any...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Path with Spaces in a Variable

I am working on a script that will check if an application is present and then run some commands. I am trying to write this so that I can easily change it later for a different application so I am putting the application and the path in a variable. T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logs not populating

We are currently having an issue where no log history is being collected for computer usage. If I select the computer -> Go to history tab -> Then selecting Computer Usage Logs The log is entirely empty. Has anyone else encountered this issue?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 deferred enablement

On some of our Macs when running the FileVault2 Encryption policy it seems like it successfully runs but when you check the logs you see it says "FileVault is off, deferred enablement appears to be enabled for active user: username"Ive flushed the po...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reference Active Directory Security Groups

In the past I came up with a little EA that would look into AD and see all of the SG's that a user was a part of. I could then scope access to that based on the result. This worked great, but now that we are migrating away from bound mobile accounts ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Certificate - configuration profile

We have set up ADCS and for machine certificates it work fine.Our setup is that we have No ldap setup and mac´s are not bound to AD (using Nomad)We also want user to be able to assign user certificates . But as we have no user assigned to the machine...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Unload/Load Launch Agent run as user?

Is it possible to unload or load a Launch Agent being run as a user? I know all scripts are executed as root. We have an auto-save utility that is run via launch agent at ~/Library/LauncheAgents and we need to unload it to stop it and then load it wh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Pro 2018 - Mojave upgrade fails

Hi all, Wonder if anyone is experiencing the same issue as me. Mojave is out (obviously), and it's up to version 10.14.1. I have upgraded our JAMF Pro to 10.8 to match it. I have made macOS Mojave 10.14.1 available via Self Service. I have tested it ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

AnyConnect 4.5 and Proxy PAC

We are currently using Cisco AnyConnect v4.5 to connect to our Cisco VPN. Prior to the connection we have internet access, once connected to the VPN the ASA is pushing a blank configuration wiping the proxy settings. We have already engaged Cisco and...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - November & December 2018

Season’s Greetings from the Jamf Nation team! Here’s what’s new on Jamf Nation since early October. Jamf Nation- You are now able to manage JNUC Mini-Events, User Group Events, and Tags that you follow from your Follows page.- Jamf Connect is now ava...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

PPPC Settings to behave like High Sierra

Hello all. Starting to get into this mess of whitelisting a bunch of various processes. I personally am not super excited about giving my users the ability to allow or deny background processes via a confusing dialog box. Quite honestly, I'd rather j...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE - JAMF

We are moving to Cisco ISE in near future. Is there any known API etc, where Cisco Ise can get info from JAMF in authenticating devices. I am thinking about EAP-TLS WIfi, there Cisco Ise could verify devices in Jamf, but somehow a link between the 2 ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors