Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro Client Apps not working (10.6.2)

I just downloaded, installed, and tried to launch JAMF Remote 10.6.2 on a freshly imaged, fully enrolled MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 and I'm getting the attached error messages. I've had other co-workers try to install launch these apps o...  View more

2d1d8fbdf47d4452822ee16ecf1e38cc fa7d66763ac84115a6f2fcb2444e63d4 2a3d21cb224b41ed82ad5c2c60f7f63a
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Manage iPhone Outlook Signatures

Hello! I am looking to find a way to manage company signatures in Outlook on iOS on Supervised, Managed devices owned by our company. So far, it appears to be possible on Mac, but can't find any support for iOS. Basically, I'm being asked to find a w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Business Manager Multiple VPP accounts

We have multiple MDM servers and I was looking for a way to have multiple VPP account tokens using Apple Business manager. Here is the solution. Apple business manager allows different locations. Locations can represent a building, department, or gro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Add MDM Server

Newbie with JAMF administration and not much exposure to Apple other than basic iPad and iPhone user so please pardon the seemingly simple or stupid question(s).Firstly, I would like to know, where in the JAMF console would I find "Manage Servers?" I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems when aplying policies

Hello Everone, When We apply policies to the machines we are blocking the access even for user admin. We are not able to do anything after the enrollment of a machine. Which configuration should I perform in order to solve this. Thanks in advance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to publish apps silently using Jamf Pro

Hi Team I want to publish a McAfee agent silently to a MacBook when its get enrolled in JAMF Pro. our expectation is the momonet user enrolls in JAMF automatically(silently) the McAfee antivirus package should get installed on the MacBook. thank you.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resources for learning to use the API

I am wanting to start using the API to run commands with parameters that aren't fully automated yet in the JSS itself, but when I look at the API information at https://my.jss:8443/api I have no idea where to start. I can somewhat understand each par...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging issues with 2017 nontouchbar mac book pros

I am having an issue where after successfully imaging an mabook pro nontouchbar 13 inch the hard drive is not showing up correctly in disk utility and is not show up as a destination when trying to install any type of software. Instead of the hard dr...  View more

e71fd6923c2947d9be431380e8d227eb
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Screen Sharing

Good Afternoon! I'm struggling to screen share with a user without their permission... I have this ticked on the management level but it still is asking for permission. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service fails to download packages

My Self Service fails while packages are being downloaded.Many times I get the dreaded "item no longer available".These SS policies have been in place and working for a year.Sometime this summer is when the problem started. My Jamf instance is hosted...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat update/install fails on windows

Trying to run the windows installer to upgrade tomcat and it keeps failing. I even tried uninstalling Jamf. Removed the JSS folder. Ran the installer to install clean.... Still failing. Looks like it is tomcat. Here is the relevant log information fr...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Machine Pre-auth Questions

My infrastructure is finally configured to support 802.1x machine auth. I'm excited to deploy. Im late to the party but I finally made it. Final testing is in progress now. Im trying to test every scenario that might happen once in production. My Jam...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install cached packages with Patch Management

Hi JAMF nation :)I couldn't find an answer on this question, so i hope someone of you could help me. If I populate Patch Management with Packages and create a Update Policy in there I don't have to option to install cached, will it use a cached packa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Server

Hello everybody! We want the newly purchased Macs and iDevices to automatically be added to JAMF.When activating the option on deploy.apple.com, what happens with our older devices that are not yet registered? To they become automatically registered ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Server Failing

Hey folks, I seem to be getting nowhere with this, so I was wondering if anybody else had come across the same... We have three different campuses at our University, all of which have their own Netboot server that runs the Jamf NetSUS software (via U...  View more

4ebfe5cfae3d49268feaea5f598c96f7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts for use with Custom Trigger Policies

I wanted to share some of my scripts I use in policies with Custom Triggers. My environment requires rather extensive and fine grain control of deployments, often down to the order of installs, which has required me to get a little creative. My goal ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 12 kudos

Mac OS high sierra Deployment

Hi guys, I have been troubleshooting an issue for some time now. I have been trying to find ways to upload high sierra into jamf and push it out. Dragging the install file into jamf admin doesnt work. The file ends up getting converted to a tar. Half...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Purchaser bought Laptops under wrong account

I got a call to please enter the serials for 2 new laptops into Apple School Manager.I get an error when trying to enter the serial number. After some checking around, our new Purchaser thinks he bought the laptops under the incorrect apple account. ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Version comparison

I'm looking specifically at Office but considering a more general solution.Straight comparison works for most cases but not 16.9 and 16.10.Just wondering if someone else has figured this out in general.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to update flash in the background

Good Evening! Is there any chance someone could point me in the direction of a script that would install and update Flash automatically without any user interaction? Would I run this script as 'ongoing' and recurring check in? Thank you for your help...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE and EAP-TLS handshake fails

Anyone experienced problems with authenticating 802.1x with Cisco ISE ver 2.3 patch 4.Log in ISE shows that the EAP-TLS handshake fails with the Mac.I have in Mac the ISE server certificates trusted as well as root of ISE certificatesin ISE I have th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors