Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Network Share

We changed the network share to a different name and the Mac and still trying to connect to the old share path. Can't figure out why. We are also leveraging Enterprise Connect in our environment as well. I have already checked Login Items in System P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Inventory of unused apps

Is there a way of finding out what apps in our VPP catalog in jamf are not installed on any iPads? Since JAMF tells you the app is used if it is scoped, but doesn't tell you if it is actually installed, I am hoping there is some way of figuring that ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WindowServer Crash - Forced User Logout

Hey all! I'm at my wits end with this issue and I'm hoping that someone here may be able to solve this. Our company is experiencing an issue that is affecting both our Mac Minis (conference room use) and Macbook Pros (end-user machines). We have run ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP - Prestage Enrollment Breaks inventory preload.

We integrated Jamf with ServiceNow and use ServiceNow as our asset repository and tracking mechanism. We purchase and receive through ServiceNow. Before DEP we could create the computer object through the API using Serial, Mac Address and computer na...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

A software update required to use this startup disk

Can someone help me understand the issue I am having with updating a new Macbook Air that has the T2 chip in it from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2. We have a software update server using NetSUS and when our users try to upgrade, they get the message below. Upda...  View more

602c51c37fd94762963b83a318abffb8 62863b0506594c90aec659007a47608b bc6671388a0a49e5aa07c61763872f36
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smart Notebook Software Accessibility Mojave

Our latest Smart Notebook software on Mojave is requiring addition system preferences/privacy/accessibility to enable the Smart Board interaction. From Smart website...Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.Click the Privacy tab, ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Higher Ed + jamf Release Candidate Program

Hi everyone. We are exploring the jamf RC program. We are cloud hosted. Just wanted to see if any other institutions of higher education are in the program and if there is any feedback you would like to share to help us with our decision making.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Easy way to rename mac`s

I have some mac´s that got an wrong Name when they where enrolled. If I rename them in Jamf nothing happens.So I am looking for a way to remotely be able to rename the mac´s without any user intervention ? - is this somehow possible?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User information - Update to Jamf

We are using no Ldap or AD, so only local accounts and wondering if there exist any script somehow that can show up first time a user login, filling in the information like full name, email , etc so these information are updated in Jamf? I have tried...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe Mac message with Mojave

Does anyone have any info on how to leverage the wipe/lock commands where we can customize a message to appear on the pin screen? Heard Apple has made this feature with Mojave.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Infrastructure Manager updates

I have JAMF Pro Cloud with an on-prem windows server for the ADCS connector and Infrastructure Manager. Do I have to download and update ADCS and Infrastructure Manager when there are new updates on JAMF nation or do they auto update?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help to deploy notarised app to Mac

We are beginning to evaluate Cisco AMP for our Antivirus needs.In connection with that I need to deploy the app via Jamf. In the newest release, Cisco has made AMP a notarised app, and changed the way they distribute it from a .pkg to a .dmg. They st...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Connect to Apple Store

Hi all, We having issue connecting to Apple Store even the Apple server block addresses are opened.Apple Store and iCloud are enabled (Restrictions>>Preferences: Enable selected items) via Jamf Pro.I've created a static group and an enabled-AppStore-...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Class Room + Shared iPads

Hello, I have a problem with shared iPads and the Classroom App. I have created a class with 30 shared iPads and registered myself as a teacher. JAMF transfers the settings correctly to my Classroom app and I see all selected shared iPads there.Howev...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPads + Class Room App

Hi, we are running our iPads as shared devices.Now I've created a class in Jamf, added some pupils iPads (not shared), added a teacher and everything works fine. If I do the same with our shared iPads, I could see them in the Class-Room App on my tea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass App Unscope Script

Hey fellow admins, I'm in a situation every year where I need to un-scope anything and everything from all my mobile device apps in JSS. I put together a script that uses curl to do API calls and does the job. I thought I might share it f anyone else...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Helper for Microsoft Activations

Hello Nation members - I am wanting to implement the JAMF Helper now that some of my load has lightened at work, and I can properly focus on JAMF. Our workflow goes as such: We get the machine from DEP, Local user is added, Service Desk runs installa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors