Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Installer App for macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Has anyone else noticed that the newest version of Install macOS High Sierra.app for 10.13.6 that is downloaded from the App Store is only 22.7MB and is missing the OS disk image? I make it a habit of creating an external bootable installer for each ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

EndNote X8 w/ Cite While You Write deployment

Goal: deploy EndNote X8 so that End Users can open Word and the Cite While You Write plug-in will already be configured without needing to do anything. I've used Composer a few different ways, and the outcome seems to always be the same: Application ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory?

I am new to JamF. Is it possible to integrate policies from AD when a Mac is on a windows domain with JamF? My goal is to push out a users personal cisco certificate (Cisco Any Connect) that is assigned to their AD account. Ty!!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 12.7.5?? Issue during DEP enrollment.

I was preparing a new iMac yesterday by going through Internet Recovery so it should be at 10.13.5I had to do this even though it was new because we had used it to test the process first.So, this morning, I turned it on to complete the DEP enrollment...  View more

b89a5791049243e0bce3f70bbbf2cde8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Screensaver using a script

Hi all, I'm aware similar posts have been made before but none seemed to work for the way I wanted to do this so hopefully I can help out some others too. A while back I was tasked with setting our corporate screensaver on all of our Mac's, when firs...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Cocoa Dialog Help

Hi all I'm having a few issues trying to get a Cocoa Dialog script to work. I'm basically asking for a few variables which a then want it to set the computername based on these variables but its failing. Can anyone see where i'm going wrong? !/bin/sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP enrollment hanging

When I add a Mac to the DEP and configure it over wifi, the Remote Management screen will appear for around 10 seconds and then start installing the enrollment policies. However, if I use the ethernet to configure the Mac it takes a lot longer to get...  View more

ea4551697b554f1eb12781d63d535bac
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP behavior for macOS

I'm not sure how the VPP content assignment should work for macOS. On the iOS side, when the device is no longer in scope, app is removed immediately from the device. However, on the macOS VPP contents stays on the computer even after it's no longer ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service & Network

We use a Network Segment to direct users laptops to the local distribution server while they are on the school network. When away from school they should be directed to the JAMF Distribution Server. This works for users while at school but fails when...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Wipe a Computer that is managed

I am attempting to wipe a MacBook Air to prepare it for a new employee. I have sent the wipe command but the computer doesn't recognize it. I don't have a password to get into the computer, but I need to wipe it. The computer is managed through Jamf ...  View more

eb8ab66ff31541e6a112cecd703b42ef 7058ba76be2344d192643458763d2acf
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Test Environment (Restoring from Backup)

Hi, we're working on setting up a Jamf test environment that'll mirror our production server. We have the new sever set up with a fresh install of Windows Server and have completed the first steps to install java/mySQL, etc. If we're doing a restore ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune + Jamf to Manage MS apps via MAM?

Does anyone use MS Intune & Jamf to manage Microsoft-specific settings on iOS or Mac? My O365 license allows me to leverage Intune, and I see that Jamf Pro has Intune support. This got me thinking that perhaps I can use the Intune's MAM controls to m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Jamf on an image?

I'm manually creating an image on an external drive and I'm going to use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone it to new MacBook Pro's. Should I install Jamf on the image? If I do that what should I do after I clone to the new Mac? Just run sudo jamf policy? o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

disabling links in MS Outlook 2016 and / or Mail

Is this possible ? At the request of our infosec group, they would like to know if there is a way to disable links from being clickable within MS outlook 2016. They only way I’ve found via the google to do this is to force apple mail to display as pl...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Outlook 2016 O265 Redirection Prompt?

I guess I'm late to the game on this one... I just found the MS doc on how to Suppress the O365 redirection prompt with the defaults command. (See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3206915/how-to-suppress-the-office-365-autodiscover-redirect-w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting a computer to "Managed" via the API

Hey, OK, I'm using python-jss to retrieve a computer record. I'm then using computer.find to set "general/remote_management/management_password_sha256" to the right SHA password (retrieved from another computer record) and setting "management_usernam...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Hooks & macOS Mojave

Is anyone else experiencing issues where it seems like login hooks are not occurring with Mojave? Running sudo jamf policy -event login from terminal works as expected, but login policies aren't processing automatically on our test Mojave machines. L...  View more

ec0ba13086774b229c506d3d882fe8fc
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Created a script to add computer to OD, but....

I created a script to add to OD, but when I manually run, I get a message "Certificates are available for this server. Would you like to add them to the system keychain automatically (y/n)?"The script will wait for a response. How can I automatically...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Test Environment (Distribution Points)

When setting up a test environment of a Jamf server, can we continue to use the same distribution point(s)? We want to test some of our policies and general usability of 10.5 before upgrading from 9.101. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.5 & Jamf: command not found

Just upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.5. When I run a quickadd.pkg or enroll via Jamf Recon, everything works perfectly except running jamf commands from the terminal. I run any of the following commands the terminal returns with "sudo: jamf: comand not found...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Process

Hey folks. Another query... So the system I have taken over here has three Jamf NetSUS 4.1.0 servers set up purely to handle Netboot, configured for different VLANs on different sites. All has been working well, but last week one of them suddenly sto...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors