Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Apple Music or Itunes

Is there a way to prevent people from signing out of our Itunes accout or changing the apple music account? We have an apple music account that some users logout of and login with their own account and we wish to prevent that from happening.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

If Device Count Exceeds, can you still enroll iPads?

hey all, I am running into an issue where I can install the CA JSS Built-In signing certificate. However, the MDM profile is failing to install. "Profile installation failedA connection to the server could not be" I've tried:-Enabling Full Trust for ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked MDM managed iPhone without connectivity

Hi, We have an iPhone 6 that is registered with MDM through JAMF. Unfortunately the passcode is currently unknown and at the same time the device is not connected to any wifi or mobile data connection. This means, we cannot reset the passcode via the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking TurboTax

We have a lot of end users that are installing TurboTax on their work machines. We wish to block this. I can create a Restriction Software Policy; however, there are different versions. I wish to block the process that runs but I cannot find what the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create accounts when adding to DEP w/o LDAP or AD?

We don't use LDAP. Is there a way for me to include info on the CSV file I'm uploading to add new Mac laptops in DEP/Apple School Manager so that both my admin account and a specific user account are created and tied to a specific serial number?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable secure keyboard

I'm trying to do the CIS hardening recommendations for 10.12 and one of the ones I'm working on is enabling secure keyboard. I found @franton 's git page with a lot of the work done already, however when I try to run the script for the keyboard it en...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 Enabled Users High Sierra

The last few High Sierra machines we have deployed I have noticed that after setting up Encryption and its completion, on the Filevault window it says Some Users are not able to unlock the disk. When I click on Enable users and login as the AD/Mobile...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Macs missing "at enrollment" triggers

We are seeing Macs enrolled in DEP not running the expected Splash Buddy and software install policies. My suspicion is the Smart Group the policies apply to is not updating before the enrollment completes and so the policies are not running. Wiping ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Enable Google Chrome Automatic Updates

Hey All, Trying to build 3 policies for our JSS regarding the google chrome browser but I'm having 0 luck! 1: I need to force chrome installs with the automatic updater installed to run 2: I need to be able to install the automatic updater on machine...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating to hosted enviroment

Hi,We are planning on migrating our casper server to a Jamf cloud environment.Does anyone know if we will need to wipe our devices and re-enroll them? We were told this might be a possibility. We were planning on keeping the same URL if possible.Any ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging High Sierra 10.13.5

Hello friends. I was wondering if you guys have also had trouble creating images after this update of High Sierra 10.13.5. I already did update in my machine park, except that I did a base image (with AutoDMG) already with High Sierra 10.13.5 all upd...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of Casper Focus

With Jamf 10.5 Casper Focus app removal, I'm wondering how I will lock student's devices when I need it (sometimes when I ask them to come to IT office). I know we can do that with Classroom App but the lock message is removed if the student is not a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP app installs failing on Mac

After I was finally able to convince our InfoSec to open the proxy and firewall to allow VPP, I tested it by doing an automatic install of Slack, then a Self Service install of IP Scanner onto a couple Macs. it worked fine. Yesterday I decided to ins...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf InTune Intergration issues

So i have Jamf and intune talking fine the app ID is all good and all says its fine. I can enrol from self service and the Mac shows in Azure as registered but then it never seems to talk to InTune to pass on the computer details and become compliant...  View more

• 55 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM and Apple DEP

Hi, I have already enabled the MDM on Apple School for DEP and I see all machines populating but as "unassigned" under Enrollment I tried manually to enrol an iMac and get this error: Profile installation failed. Unable to contact the SCEP server at ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Question

I'm pushing out a dockutil script nested in the outset login-once folder, for AD users.... I have a couple of lines in the script adding: ~/Documents and ~/Downloads Both are now showing up as Locked folders. To be clear, they are tagged as such, but...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi-tenant Jamf Pro?

Is a multi-tenant Jamf Pro on the cards anytime soon? Small MSP here, don’t want to manage multiple installs (would rather have one setup really good). Would also like to have polices at the ‘top level’ that can be added to the organisations within t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Reinstall a clean macOS with one button

This is in regard to the Jamf Blog post Reinstall a clean macOS with one button. While this functionality does appear to be extremely handy, it has become clear to me that Apple did not see fit to test this workflow with FileVault enabled Macs (big s...  View more

03b6db87096a4e4991b47e0f22973512
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

SIS Importer not working in 10.5

Just a heads up to those still using the 3rd Party SIS importer. I found that it is not working in 10.5. The SISPlugin log is showing that it could not retrieve the Jamf Pro version number. I have contacted support. They found the same thing on their...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Imaging with 10.3.0+

Hi there, is anyone else experiencing Imaging issues with atleast 10.3.0 installed?Jamf seems has opened a PI for it, but it's not showing up in the Release Notes/Known Issues nor do they have a working workaround (in my case). The Workaround which i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP through ASM and remaining licenses on JSS

Greetings! I just had apple walk me through converting over to the Apple School Manager change from VPP portal. Everything seemed to go smooth but now when I look on Jamf at devices>mobile device apps it has 0 remaining on all of our apps. Looking on...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting Browser Homepages via script?

Good morning,I've been beating my head against the wall trying to find a solution to this, so I'm hoping that the Jamfnation "hive mind" might have a solution: I need to set the homepage for Firefox, Chrome and Safari via a script (or some way that c...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enroll for new Push Certificate

Hi All I was hoping someone could help and provide some advice. My Push Certificate is soon to expire, but I no longer have access to the AppleID account that it was associated with. From my understanding I need to create a NEW cert and alos re-enrol...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bomgar Canned Scripts

Has anyone tried using thisI have tried a simple command like sudo jamf recon but it opens terminal in the remote session and asks for a password. I would rather do an Applescript or embed the creds some how.  View more

c0071c33ad0042709c76f1c9833bfa11
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors