Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

User portal?

Good morning all, Our company has switched over from Airwatch to Jamf. All has been going well. In Airwatch, the users that were enrolled had a personal portal that allowed them to see their encryption key. Is there something like that in Jamf? Cheer...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Intune and Jamf Pro on the Cloud?

I see a lot of documentation about integrating Microsoft Intune with Jamf Pro, but my cloud instance does not appear to have that option anywhere. Can anyone confirm whether it is or is not available, and if not is there any chance for it being suppo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling osascript not working in High Sierra

Hi All, I was utilizing the logout script featured in this discussion (https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/9902/forcing-logout-to-kick-off-filevault2) for enabling FileVault2. ## Get the logged in user's name loggedInUser=$( ls -l /dev/conso...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom triggers and chaining them together

I am looking to see if anyone has had experience like I am having using custom triggers and chaining policies together? When we enroll a machine the first policy is set for "At Enrollment" to start it. In the "Files and Processes" section of the poli...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra drops WiFi after roaming AP

Hi, Beside the usual roaming problems with Mac there is now a new problem with our Macs. When the client finally changes AP it first connects then the connection seems to come and go for a few seconds and finally it loses the connection and I have to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show us your Self Service branding

I just upgraded to 10.2.1 and I'm drawing a blank for how I can brand our Self Service. I've sent the technical specifications of the icon and banner size to one of our graphic designers but without some samples of what is out there, we're kinda fumb...  View more

• 146 replies
  • 16 kudos

AntiVirus for enterprise Environment

Hello All, Anyone out there knows, if there is any antivirus for enterprise environment that we can install it for FREE and deploy through Casper.Your advise and recommendations highly appreciated.  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Popping Up Randomly

Hi all, I am getting reports from numerous students that Self Service opens randomly a couple of times each day. I also have this on my own machine. Any thoughts on how I can stop this? All machines are OSX10.12.6 and they have the latest Self Servic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Expired

Our server admin recently left and conveniently, during this time our push certificate somehow was revoked. I am attempting to renew it, however, I am getting an error that states the following "Existing devices that are enrolled with Jamf Pro will n...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notes Crashing

I have one student who's Notes app crashes no matter what iPad they use. This is in a shared iPad environment, I have had the student log onto multiple iPads and the issue persists. Any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email users Re Uptime policy

Hi, I have a smart group which shows users who haven't restarted in 10days (uptime). i was wondering if there was a way to email those users letting them know they should restart. Thanks in advance,Atif  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-On when already using LDAP

Just wondering if there is any benefit to setting up SSO if we are already using LDAP with Active Directory and it has been working fine for years. Any additional functionality? Thanks.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Clip Icon Changes Once Launched...

We are distributing a web clip via a profile and have created a our own icon for it so that it can be easily located on the iPad. The web clip distributes with no issues and shows up with the icon we designed. However, once the web clip is launched, ...  View more

b2379c022d6c49ada69dbb6a4ccb694b 108595df6e75447988184f60bbcbba6c
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Google Drive File Stream dock item not working

I have a policy that installs Google Drive File Stream, and add the dock item to the dock (the .pkg also add the icon to the desktop). I noticed that the dock icon does not work but the desktop icon does work. When I drag the icon to the 'volumes' se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault - problem - help

I have a user that suddenly come in and say her Mac cannot log her in anymore. The password is asked right away when mac is booted up, so it is filevault that is enabled. User have not done anything, so we try starting up to recover filevault. User e...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renew ssl cert from alternative provider?

It seems we are stuck in the middle of the Symantec ssl debarcle (rapidssl in our case) and our renewee Trustico. It seems trustico yesterday revoked our wildcard certificate by sending our private keys to Symantec causing a mandatory 24 hour revocat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to see InTune Enrolment in Jamf

Hi, Is there any way to see InTune Enrolment status in Jamf? I can see devices in intune but its a pain to keep switching applications and would be good to see it all in one place. Does any one know if there is an extension attribute or something tha...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS mobile device prestage enrollment assistance

Hey, We are about to introduce 100+ iPads into our company and would like to have the Pre-stage enrollment configured. I have created a pre-stage enrollment and set the scope to include the devices enrolled in DEP.I have created a configuration profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to target disk mode

Hi Folks, I'm having difficulties to put this macbook air into target disk mode. Pressing T or ⌘+T during start up doesn't do anything, it will still boot into osx.Pressing option during start up, and then T also produce the same result (Apple menu w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding WINS to All Network Connections

Does anyone have a good method of adding WINS servers to Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet Adapters? Like in the picture below? I need to add two WINS Servers to our Macs via bash script if possible. I think I've identified the .plist that this is stored...  View more

8160dbb832a040bc81d9c7fd6eb93fa8 869c6b7761be49ccbae6bd96e7c2e168
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Anyone going to MacTech Pro Boston?

I'm speaking again this year and would love catch up with some of the local Jamf users. Even though there's not a lot of direct Jamf discussion, there's always lots of info relevant for Mac admins: What: MacTech Pro 2018 BostonWhen: March 14, 2018, A...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Default Page Size for Google Chrome

Hello, I'm pulling Chrome updates through autopkg and lately, there has been quite a few. I've also noticed that everytime there is an update, our default pape rsize in the Google Chrome print dialog resets to A4. We only use Letter size. Since paper...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.3 Beta Now Available!

Jamf Pro 10.3 beta provides day zero compatibility for Apple’s spring release of macOS 10.13.4, iOS 11.3 and tvOS 11.3. These new versions of Apple’s operating systems not only provide great consumer features, but will include several new management ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 10 kudos

Delete Tab in Jamf Pro under Computers

I just want to confirm what the delete button does in Jamf Pro under the computer object. Does it remove the computer from Jamf meaning you can no longer put it in scope? Or just removes the Config and Policies and will be available unassigned for fu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP goes well up until name change why?

As you can see in my log DEP goes well via splash buddy then after the naming script runs jamf goes into looking for "network state change" and my next AD bind script does not run which is number 55 policy. See screen shot of my policy.  View more

aac38ff68e834ba39e4886a88f7a518a f1c3fde73cf1481d9f0555db5b4ee82b
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation lock on a repaired device

Good morning!We are starting to have an increasing issue with activation lock on devices, that were previously "repaired" at a local Apple Store. When we get the refurbished device, i have no way of linking the old device serial number that would be ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors