Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deploy Plist data to existing plist

hey guys.im trying to deploy safari extension inside the network.for that i need to:A) deploy the "Safariextz" file to the safari extension directoryB) to insert the extension dictionary to the file extension.plist. (or else safari wont recognize it)...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MacBook Pro - Desk Setup

Hi, We are considering deployment options for dealing with new MacBook Pro, and USB-C docking stations, but there aren't very many on the market yet. We are trying out the sd4500 from Kensington, but its not exactly ideal, especially with dual monito...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting remote wipe for macOS

Hi all! Any suggestions for the best way to restrict the following scenario? User signs in to Mac with a personal iCloud account. User enable "Finds my Mac" User's iCloud accounts gets compromised, or they leave the company, and a remote wipe command...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot new MacBook Pro's

Has anyone had any issues attempting to NetBoot the newer MacBook Pro's with the Touch Strip? We're seeing that the older models work fine, but the newer models are sitting at the indeterminate progress bar during NetBoot and not making it any furthe...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating to Ubuntu VM

So I'm going to migrate our JSS to an Ubuntu VM. We've got plenty of resources and I'm tired of this single Mac Mini running everything and needing a restart once to twice a week and other TLC. What is the best setup for the new server? I was origina...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

New computer setup and data transfer.

Hello all. We are refreshing our Macbook Air line this year and we will be deploying 1500 new Macbook Air laptops to our district teachers. They will be in DEP and utilize Pre-Stage Enrollment for configuration. My question is how have you guys dealt...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure versioning

We've been running Pulse Secure 5.2.5 just fine and I was told that there is a 5.2.7 update that addresses Sierra issues. There are some Macs that I will need to update manually outside of Casper (because of reasons) so I can't just scope it to All C...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

End Of Life EOL

where does one draw the line on ending support of older OS and iOS operating systems...I am in charge of drawing up a plan on patches and replacement of apple devices and I am wanting to use part of my conclusion on the age of the machine and what it...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting "User and Location" information

Hello! The "User and Location" information for our computer records is important for scoping a number of our policies. Historically, we've set this information at deploy time, using Recon. Unfortunately, since we've upgraded to 9.97, we're unable to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable CUPS web portal Admin via script?

Any ideas on how to script this: Seems straight forward but it looks like switching users maybe required (which I am not sure is allowed in bash), as well as using 'dsenableroot', which requires including a root password. But then doing dsenableroot ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to manually enroll a device

Hey guys, I was trying to enroll iPhone 6S Plus on 10.2.1. Wasn't able to on that particular phone for some reason. I tried on another similar device and was successfully able to manually enroll it. I was able to install and trust the CA cert but was...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Updates

Has something been created so that you can only search for Apple Specific Updates that are available and not installed. I am seeing that there is a Smart Group that can be created for the need of all Software Updates needed, but that includes all app...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Fusion Updates Packaging

I am sure there is a way to capture the VM Fusion updates. VM Fusion is trying to update and I want to capture that and make it available in Self Service. Do I use composer to capture changes in my system to package the update? I did not find cumulat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollment not working

Hello, I am trying to set up prestage enrollment for iPads at my company. I followed the instructions listed in the guide by integrating JSS with DEP, however, once I select the prestage options and then go to scope I have no devices listed there and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing Classroom 2.0

Hi all I'm testing Apple Classroom 2.0 out here in the school with a handful of teachers.We want to use the Classroom app without mdm being involved(because without it is so much faster with only Bluetooth connection), so I deleted the teachers in th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

lpoptions and Xerox 7760DN

Hi ya'll. I've been tasked with setting a default for a Xerox 7760DN for single-side printing. However I don't see a key to control that with lpoptions. The GUI reveals controls for 2-sided: Long-Edge binding and Short-Edge binding. But lpoptions doe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App Permission

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've got an Application I put out on Self Service that won't allow students to open it. I used Composer to create a PKG (and a DMG) attached it to the policy. It installs no problem, Applications is whitel...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Caching Server Question

Does the Caching Server prioritize Apple updates? What I mean by that is, if the macOS installer gets cached for example, can I be confident it will always be there or, if it isn't used in a while, could it get overwritten by other stuff?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra Update 10.12.4 issue and fix

We have noticed an issue with the new 10.12.4 update and 13" MacBook Pro (w/ touchbar). In order to block this update, without blocking the App Store, we are pushing the following script in a policy: #!/bin/bash sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS" s...  View more

• 59 replies
  • 0 kudos

No profiles deployed to new Lion computer

I'm doing some testing before I roll out Jamf to all my Macs. I have a Lion VM in VMware Fusion, it enrolled with JAMF but no Configuration Profiles beyond the MDM profile were installed even although some profiles are applied to all computers. JSS 9...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors