Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Comodo secure email certificate automation

Hi all - i was wondering if someone could help me automate entire process which includes the following actions, if at all possible: in outlook 2016 or apple mail, open a message with with certain subject ("Applying for your Corporate Secure Email Cer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues running remote enrollment with recon

Hi Guys, Has any one seen this? We don't enroll many macs using the recon app so have not noticed this until now. When trying to do a remote enrollment with recon we get the following error. However i can scp over a quick add package and install it v...  View more

79934798b9e347b3b3b40c639cc1d6ae
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Okta as an LDAP source

I am in the middle of deploying a centralized Jamf Pro instance for a large disparate organization. We're talking 5 business units with multiple sub-organizations, ultimately leading to well over 150 different Active Directory forests with no trust b...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 2 kudos

Microsoft Office for 2016

Hello everyone- My organization uses Office 2016, and one of the things that I have been trying to wrap my mind around is how to enable automatic updates for the Office 2016 suite. I have been enabling auto updates piecemeal, but I would like to find...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Partition and 2017 MacBook Pros

Using the 10.12.5 installer from the App Store and the Sierra 10.12.5 update for 2017 iMac with AutoDMG produces an image that appears to install correctly on 2017 hardware. However, there is still an issue with the Recovery Partition using this meth...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x on not bound Mac

I'm new to my role and before my time, the Macs were AD bound and using 802.1x authentication. Now they are not bound and I'm wondering if anyone can share how authentication can be done now. Networking is not my strong suit. My goal is to have a cle...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Second Batch of JNUC 2017 Sessions Announced

Hello Jamf Nation,
 To make your decision to join us at the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this October easier, we’ve posted 37 additional sessions, bringing the current JNUC session count to 54. And with 26 more sessions coming in July, we’ll be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big News for The MUT

Hey all, Mike here--the creator of The MUT. I just wanted to make a post to let you all know that there are some big changes coming for The MUT--and some big changes that have happened recently. If you haven't heard of The MUT, it's a native macOS ap...  View more

2d8cdc726a664399a4a193cea9a3ee9a
  • 20 replies
  • 6 kudos

Delete user from multiple classes in one go.

Is it possible to remove the user from all of their enrolled classes at once? (as it takes 7 clicks and a paste of the user name in the search box, to remove a user from one class and if they are in 15 classes which many of our users are this is very...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Training Suggestions for Admins and Support Staff

Hello, We are starting to provide support for Mac's but the issue we are running into is that none of our support staff uses Mac so when an issue is brought to them they are not sure what to do. I've looked at Apple's website and came across http://t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network / system / server Monitoring in the office

Looking into setting up a Monitoring solution on the walls of our IT office to keep an eye on the servers, the network and certain server statistics and of course a dashboard of JAMF Was wondering what setups other techs have and what solutions they ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot update description for in house iOS app

JSS 9.97. I am trying to update an inhouse app, which is hosted on our web server. I can edit the app itself, update the URL to point to the new version, update the version number and as far as I can tell all the other options are available to me. Ho...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Catalog

We are a distract with 20 campuses and several thousand iPads. I am curious, how do other schools display available apps to staff? I know we can list whatever we want in Self Service. I was thinking about making a .pdf catalog or maybe a web catalog ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Tv not waking up

Hello Jamf People! Anyone else having issue with their 4th gen Apple tvs not waking up once they go to sleep? They will not wake up when we are trying to airplay to them and will not wake up with the remote. All Apple TVs are DEP enrolled. tvOS 10.2....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sublime Text 3 Licensing (company license)

I am familiar with using FEU and FUT and can get the license file over. The issue is that it seems that the contents of the license file is different (despite using the same company license key) Has anyone successfully deployed Sublime Text 3 with a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot to Netboot - ARD Not working

Does anyone have any tips how I can mass reboot machines remotely to image them? Since SIP was enabled in 10.11 it's put a damper on our imaging process, we then started to use ARD, but it's been giving us nothing but headaches, constant "Authenticat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create hidden account with Jamf binary - password security ?

Hi all i need to create a hidden account with its home folder in /var/if i place the account password in a script or add the full command including the password into Policy > Files and Processes isn't this a huge security flaw ? /usr/local/bin/jamf c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage enrollment to "smart groups"

We are going to be managing DEP enrollments in 2 ways: Departmental prestage enrollments where the distributed support is "hands-on" Everything else It is the "Everything else" category I am thinking about. The goal is to configure a prestage for tho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.100.0 Beta 2 is now available

Beta 2 is now available for Jamf Pro 9.100.0. What’s new in beta 2: Functionality from our first Jamf Pro 9.100.0 beta build, including macOS reporting enhancements, new settings for inventory record updates, the ability to require a tethered Etherne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trust Relationship

Hi guys, I have this errors on my machines since upgrading to 9.98: There was an error. Error enrolling computer: Unable to establish trust with the JSS - The jamf binary could not connect to the JSS because the web certificate is not trusted. I have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 9 Beta for non admin users

Did anyone upon installing the script which was used for xcode 8 users are now faced with admin prompt to install the tools in xcode beta 9 even though they are part of the dev security group #!/bin/sh # Accept EULA so there is no prompt if [[ -e "/A...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 Device Based App Installation

Now that this is in public beta and we can talk about it, I reset a test iPad this morning and started getting the pop-up box that says I need to sign into iTunes to allow my jss to manage and install apps. This wasn't previously necessary for automa...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

sudo script question

I am trying to script removing our old MDM enrollment through DEP from Macs so I can have them prompt for DEP enrollment into Jamf. I am OK with the end user being prompted for their admin password but would rather not have them manually type in the ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors