Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Network profiles not installing on Jamf agents

Has anyone ever successfully created "Configuration Profiles" in Jamf and pushed to machine?I created a new profile called "802.1x Wired Network Profile" in Jamf > macOS Configuration Profiles.When applying to machines by adding machines in Scope of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock down iPad to Safari (and a single URL)

We have an iPad 2 that isn't part of our DEP so we are somewhat limited in how far we can lock it down as it will be unsupervised. Can anyone offer advice as to how to lock down an iPad to only Safari and a URL. Preferably locked so they can't even m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Need to Change JSS Server Name

Warning: I'm one of those people who drive true IT people nuts! I inherited a job I wasn't trained for and am still learning something new every day. So please forgive my ignorance.When we implemented JAMF two years ago and went through the 3-Day Jum...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermediate cert trust setting, need documentation

Can anyone point me to documentation on how to set/configure proper trust settings of Intermediate certificates? Our parent org sent me a package installer containing a new PIV certificate chain and installation script. Once installed on a 10.11 or 1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New User Startup

Hi, I'm looking to have a better New User experience. I've just set up DEP/Deployment and will be sending machines to the new users. When the startup is done I want them to complete a few tasks before they can use the machine, things like:- Screen as...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TI-SmartView CE Emulator

I recently started testing some of our existing software on the latest version of macOS Sierra (10.12.3) and ran into an issue with the TI-SmartView CE emulator software for Mac that was a result of a change Texas Instruments had made to the software...  View more

33c2d1659dc44b98866428b62e5090fe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Command Line to Remove the DEP Setup

I've been running into an issue with our DEP computers where when we unbox a brand new computer that is enrolled in DEP, it won't display the DEP/MDM screen during the initial account setup. I was able to determine the issue and have taken the steps ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Attribute Mapping - Extension Attribute

Hi all I'm trying to understand the process involved in obtaining LDAP user attributes with using Extension Attribute. I can see the option LDAP Attribute Mapping, should it just be a case of adding the attribute name that i want to report on or are ...  View more

5392e449072c4716b0e1d59efec9a036
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beta/Release deployment for In-House iOS apps

We have deployed two versions of our in-house app to two groups of users. We want to have most users on the release version, but a few on the beta version. Right now we find that moving a user from one list to the other causes the app to be deleted a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Instances of Java

I'm curious if there is kind of a "best practice" for running two instances of java i.e. one old and one up to date version of java for apps that need old java running.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 9.98 & MySQL 5.7.x

I was testing the workflow to upgrade 9.98 and mysql. the 9.98 seemed to upgrade as expected. when I updated mysql though, I got the error about needing to change the root password.. which took some googling as the docs were confusing.. finally got b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to understand Policy options

How do you properly remove a policy ? I'm testing some on a machine and I have it doing what I want but unless I removeFramework I can't seem to figure out how to "uninstall" a policy Thanks for the helpRich  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.98 issue

I updated to 9.98 a couple of days ago and now iPad apps that i have set to VPP install automatically are not automatically updating on the iPads. If you go into self service you can update them - so it is not an emergency. Just wondering if anyone e...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Netbios on OS X 10.11-10.12

Good morning everyone!, I have gone through the messages here and also most places on the web. I have tried most scripts such as:sudo launchctl disable system/netbiosd, and while that runs it does not seem to disable netbios, I still see everything i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX 10.12.3 - Panic Log - Advice Please

Morning, Is anyone able to give me some advice on the below Panic log, I have a few users having random crashes without warning, the device is manly running Adobe products which are patch up to date. Many thanks for any info. Anonymous UUID: 993F98E5...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-installing a 802.1x configuration profile

Hello, I am looking for help on re-installing a single wifi config profile using bash. This is what I have currently. It works fine but at the beginning I get this prompt, "Enter the profile removal password:". I just press 'Enter' since there is no ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper > dynamic icon display

So I thought it would be good fun if my jamfhelper script would display an icon of the specific Mac model on which the script was running. There are a bunch of places in the OS where these icons are stored, but I’m hitting a brick wall trying to figu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Airdrop with Always on VPN

Hello all,we have enabled an always on VPN to monitor student iPad use away from school but now staff are reporting that they can no longer use Airdrop. Is there a way around this problem? Many thanks for your thoughts. RegardsGraeme  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PATH Variable with the $User variable

I have a script that has the the following variables ## Get User Name. loggedInUser=`/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $3 }'` PATH1='/Users/$loggedInUser/path/to/folder/' Then it uses expect to pass the path to a SCP command. When passi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors