Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

MacOS Server push certificate renewal

I am having a serious brainfart and my google searches aren't giving me what I need. My MacMini server running Sierra that I'm using for Netboot and Caching (and hopefully soon Profile Manager) is telling me that the Apple Push Notification Service c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to implement Terminal - Secure Keyboard Entry

Happy Monday everyone, I'm currently going through the process of implementing the CISCAT benchmarks for Security, you can take a look at some of the features here if you are unfamiliar. I am trying to make it so that I can deploy SecureKeyboardEntry...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change local password on first log in

Hi, We have about 700 macs at our school. We have a local admin account and a local student account (mobile account created via the AD binding). We have been requested to add a parent Admin account so parent can make slight changes to parental contro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Education Support - User Images

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do when it comes to the 'Certificate Download' and 'Upload Additional Certificate' options? I've went thorough all the docs I can find and the most helpful line is this:"save the certificate in the appropr...  View more

38f5b135aaf64253be0af5f436665366 1c20395a4d614b21be9e7b238a78d3b1 716e87286c88414a8d9ee69ff562b84c 5807ad2ef3d7489bac5d7631e52e818d
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log from Bash Script

Hi Jamf Nation I have a bash script which has some special echo outputs like color, bold etc. Unfortunately the logs are pretty weird. For example I see a lot of those errors: tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified unable to write 'random state...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remotely access/back-up user files?

I had one of our Systems guys approach me recently asking if there is an easy way to remotely backup user data and/or access user folders and selectively back up certain folders. He's a pure Windows guy, and his example was like using a "\windows-pcC...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with rm -rf : permission denied

Hi Everyone, I am working on a policy to remove SentinelOne security software by simply using rm -rf to rip out the files, because the deactivation process from the product's console is time consuming and unreliable. I have a very basic sh script to ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Screen delay issue

So we have users who when they come back from a meeting and try to login back to their iMac it takes about a minute to login. We are binding to AD. I also have a configuration profile for screen locking. We are currently running 10.11.6. Has anyone c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID/iPad Setup

I'm trying to figure out a way, mainly cause this is from my bossman. We would like to force users into using an @domainname apple id...(our domain name), over whatever personal account they have. I've looked around, but haven't found a clear cut ans...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classes missing in JSS

I thought I would post this just in case anyone else happens to have this issue as well. One of my teachers that I gave access to set up classes emailed me saying that all of the classes were missing from the JSS. I figured it might have been a weird...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio - Target Select + Generic = Lost Volume

Hey everyone, I know DeployStudio isn't a JAMF product, but I was hoping there was someone on here that may use it, that could help guide me in the right direction. I had a work flow that consists of:Target Select > 7 Scripts > Completed Workflow Now...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Auto Reconnecting File Shares on Login

Hello everyone, I have tried finding another discussion about this behaviour, but not coming up with anything. Has anyone else noticed, in El Capitan in particular, where network file shares that are on the dock will automatically connect when the us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - students can bypass lock

Hi all, So a teacher reports that the students have found a way to bypass a lock to a specific app or a website. Apparently, if the student restarts the device, they will get thrown back into the app / website, but they won't be lock. Can anyone else...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Downloading a package from a policy

I have uploaded an ePO agent package to our Casper server. I have created a policy with that package. As soon as that policy runs, I get an error: "The network connection was interrupted while downloading the package from https://spcsjccasjds01.spire...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 15.31 Google "Preview"

Has anyone else seen the notification of a "preview" for [snip] within Outlook 15.31? More importantly, has anyone figured out how to disable it? It popped up for me as soon as I upgraded, and my organization's very-strict security policies require t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon hangs on 10.10.5 - Help

We still have many 10.10.5 machines in our environment and recently we have been having issues with the 10.10.5 machines not completing Recon. The machines hang on detecting hardware. Has anyone encountered this one and if so, what was your workaroun...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

pfctl, labs, locking down ARD to subnet

Hi All, Being at a public university, we don't have much of a firewall at the border of campus. Some universities do, and we may in the future, but right now, we don't. =/ I try to keep things relatively locked down via user ACLs, and not having serv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

JDS on newer Ubuntu versions?

Currently on Ubuntu the JDS is only supported on version 12.04, which will be exiting support later this year (2017). Does anyone know if JAMF have any plans to update the JDS system to support newer Ubuntu versions, for example 16.04 LTS? Thanks,Dan...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

show hostname in Self Service? (macOS X)

Hi all, Is it possible to show the hostname in the Self Service?I can create an Automater App or an Apple Script Policy for Self Service but it would be much better to see the hostname directly in Self Service. Do you have any suggestions? Thank youB...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIELD_EASDEVICE_ID ?

After upgrading, I'm having a few devices that are no longer checking in and aren't talking to the JSS server. It appears that the common thread is that the new field, "FIELD_EASDEVICE_ID" is blank for those devices. Is there a way to populate that v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS adds course ID's to classes on import

Hi everyone, We've set up Apple School Manager and are importing users and classes into JSS. In this phase, we're testing with just one course. We have put a couple of classes in ASM, and have linked them to this 1 course. (That means: there's only 1...  View more

0cbeff6fa9c04a7bb539a742a97ed783
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deep Freeze and Casper Suite

I work for an Engineering College. We have very few Macs in our open computer labs. Up until recently we were making all users standard users and then nuking their home directories every morning with a cron job. Recently we've discovered when using d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors