Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

« Policy failed to run » mais tout est OK… Pourquoi ?

Bonjour à tous, Nous avons mis à disposition dans le Self Service une policy qui installe trois packages et exécute un script installant ffmpeg depuis MacPorts.Les packages s'installent sans problèmes. Le script vérifie si ffmpeg existe et le cas éch...  View more

d67b68b29a80488e8b5cea7ae3b48ec2 659ca02b08b74577a268bdcb020415ec 2c71e9ecb48f4f329fa950878009186d
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Attempting to run an applescript, constant errors.

We've had issues with the computers here after a migration with some important fonts being disabled. I made this script up to quickly fix the issue, I'm no scripting expert, I just wanted a quick way to do this for 200+ computers. I want it to run th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best method for applying OS updates......

Hi all, Looking for a way to apply updates e.g. 10.11.6 but only if the machine is NOT on 10.11.6. How can I configure a policy or policies to determine what OS version is running (In my situation it would 10.11.4 - 10.11.6), and then apply 10.11.6 i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mysterious Reboots

I've been experiencing mysterious reboots on my machine and another 10.12 lab machine. I can't find any entry in policy logs, system logs, jamf logs, or anything like that. The machines will just be back at the login prompt, but not any reports of a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passcode Policies

Hi all, Apologies for this really simple question. I have attached our current passcode policy for pre-stage enrolments. As you can see the Maximum number of failed attempts is set to 5. I understand that the account will be locked out after 5 incorr...  View more

9a01ecbac57245a69146dccbd89bdfcb
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated Enrollment - Assign to user privilege

Hi guys, I would like to create a standard local account that is only being used to enroll OSX and has the permission to assign to user. Can you please advise which privileges are required? Also during the installation of the QuickAdd Package, it req...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webclip Profile

Hi, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep the Web Clip full screen the whole time the user is using that specific website? We distributed a full screen Web Clip but, when users click the login page it then forwards them with a bar. Thanks,Jared  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Hanging Mid Configuration

We have been working through this issue with JAMF support and haven't gotten anywhere yet. We are running Casper 9.96, MySQL 5.6, Netboot server, JSS Server, File Server all 10.11. We've had issues with 5 computers imaging at once, or 15 computers. T...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.96

Been having problems dragging items into configurations. Anyone else have this problem and came up with a solution?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Access for Self-Service

We have been hosting the JSS and Self-service within the LAN network and now want to offer it after hours for home users so they can download self-service items as well as if a laptop gets lost I can remote wipe it. Anyone have any experience with th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

RADIUS Deployment failing miserably

Does anyone have a script or can anyone point me in the correct direction for scripting a way to remove a ton of duplicate certs from my machines? Deploying RADIUS has caused me a real headache, and somehow a bunch of my machines pulled a new cert ev...  View more

1feccb7b887f414f8e409278739a44b6 4ef122cbcf5843e58df5cc4c7f7de567
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Fusion 8.5 packaging

Instead of reinventing the wheel here, I figured someone else has already been through it. Trying to build a mass deployment package for VMware Fusion 8.5. Inside the app is a "Deploy VMware Fusion.mpkg" which is about 18KB. Where is the data in this...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.96 Policies Web View

I recently upgraded from Casper 8.72 to 9.96. One thing I have noticed is that every time I go back to the main Policies page all of the policy groups are expanded. In the old version I set them to hidden and they would stay grouped by default. Even ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

App store update nightly without admin password?

Is there a way to automate Apple Store app updates in JAMF? I know the softwareupdate command works for non App Store apps. I've searched everywhere and the only thing I can find requires the user log in with an Apple ID on each computer which our st...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing McAfee Endpoint Security 10.2.1 issues

I'm running into an issue with McAfee 10.2.1 (Agent 5.0.4) running through Casper. It appears that the package completes (tailing jamf.log and install.log) but the Casper Remote.app continues to think it's still installing. Presumably because the End...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service iOS app asking for AppleID to install

Seems like after installing Casper 9.96 I keep getting prompted for my AppleID to install the Self Service app. Other apps install fine, just not the Self Service app. Self Service is a device based assigned app and it has already just pushed out bef...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL 5.6 service stopped

We recently upgraded from 9.87 to 9.96 JSS on Sunday night and since we upgraded our JSS. Our MySQL service terminated or in stopped state 3 times. I have the service to start automatically so after the server restarts or I manually restart the servi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing all classes at once

Does anyone have a way of deleting all Classes in Casper at once? We imported from Apple school manager a couple of times and now have duplicates (1,780 classes), all of which aren't formatted properly. We would like to remove all and start again. An...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple DEP & JSS

Hi All, I have been asked to enable my JSS environment for Apple DEP and also ensure that it is secure. My current setup is an internal JSS with mysql on it and file share. I understand that we need an internet facing JSS. Is this correct? would a li...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Graphpad Prism v6 repackaging

Does anyone have any successful experience of this? I installed Prism v6 into /Applications, created a StartupConfig.xml file (as per the advice here) and placed this under /Applications/Prism 6/, then captured this in Composer. However, when I insta...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Office 2011 14.6.x

I have had a 3-step installer policy for Office 2011.First the "basic"Then 14.1Then 14.x.xComing to 14.6.x the installing process fails. The last one is not running.I think that´s because 14.6 now requires a password if Office is not started before y...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors