Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Removed account still listed as having admin?

Some time back we used a particular account labeled as "ctsetup" which had admin privileges for doing some setup work on our Macs. Once done Casper would remove the "ctsetup" account with a policy. In looking just now at a system remotely via ssh I u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra - no local accounts

Updated home Mac with Sierra. Now 4 of 6 local accounts are not on login screen. I can see those in "Fast User Switching Menu", but getting the error when trying to login - account is not available. Already restored 10.11 from full TM backup, the upg...  View more

97b535e44d474b65acd28162b978e885
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Administrator role missing when logged in off site

I am testing a new setup. Mac is joined to an AD domain. User is in the Administrator group. When I login to the Mac on site, the user has Admin, Managed, and Mobile roles, as it should. When I login to the Mac off site, the user is missing the Admin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide installed VPP Apps in Self Service

We offer a number of Apps in self service. Currently we use a smart group "[program] is Installed" as an exception to hide installed apps in self service. However this creates two issues:-a lot of smart groups. Easy enough to make them, but they do a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

error trying to restore to new server

Hi to all... We wanted to move our main jss to another server... all the setup went fine but when we got to the point to restore the database, we get the error : mysql warning : Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure. ERROR 20...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refresh "User & Location" on my iOS inventory.

Hey, I'm currently working to implement Apple Classroom into my district, and I'm about to start importing the classes into ASM from my LMS. The issue is that the Managed Apple IDs in ASM are different than the email addresses tagged to my iPads in J...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS not recognizing current version of iPad

I have recently found that several iPads are updated to 9.3.5 or 10.x. The students will come in with various different problems, and I notice that the correct version is not listed. This is a new issue, and it seems like this has started since the n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 updates and network bandwith

In our ~600 Mac environment, deploying updates for the Office 2016 suite has been a huge pain.. mainly on the network side. I'm finding everytime I push more than 50 of a single update (like Word or Excel) within a one hour window, I get a page from ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tickets...

Tickets go on sale Saturday. If you would like to be part of the group order and have not spoken to me - find me on slack. Otherwise section number will be posted here, and you can order your own :)  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Push Notifications for iOS Not Working

We are trying to send a native Push notifications to a group of iOS devices. We have a valid Push Proxy Cert and the notification shows up in the Self Service App but not via the native Notifications area of iOS. We did select the option to push to t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Mac AppStore Applications

Hello everyone, I am wondering how others do mac app store updates across the board. Are you all pulling updates and packaging up via Casper then pushing out via a recurring checkin?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec SEP 12.1 removal script and process HOW TO

Due to the update to MacOS Sierra i had to test all mandatory software and Symantec ENDPOINT protection 12.1.6.MP2 need to be updated to 12.1.6MP6.after a standard Casper deployment with a Symantec remote install PKG.i run into a problem explained he...  View more

c0528f7a9efc4ad3898c492d993c0382
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4 with Sierra

Has anyone been able to get a NBI working with Sierra and NETSUS 4? I created one with AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI, but my NetSUS 4 server doesn't want to recognize it as a valid NBI. Thoughts? Joe  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Cap - App Store Restriction Issue

We have a Restriction configuration profile in place for Yosemite to 'Restrict App Store to Software Updates Only". Works great, no issues. Applied the same config profile to El Cap, 10.11.6, which we are about to roll out across the board. The restr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Performance Logging

Hello, I am looking for a program for a Performance review. We need to start a 24 hour test on the systems. After this test we need a detail review about the perfomance (CPU, RAM, GPU etc.) Maybe anyone can tell me a good tool to log the performance?...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Close Terminal Command Delay

Hi All, We have a script that we locally install on each computer. Does anybody know how I can add a delay so the user has time to type in their password to mount network disks before terminal automatically closes? Thanks.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors