Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Jamf Daily Digest crashing iOS Outlook?

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior: Starting a few weeks ago, any time I would open the JAMF Daily Digest email in Outlook for iOS, the app would crash and quit on me. I could still reopen Outlook and do everything I would normally ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing old FUT settings

We are on our first year with JAMF. Early in the year we created a suite of configuration profiles and policies, and some PKG/DMGs using Composer. In a couple cases we set FUT to ON. This has created some issues. Now when new users are created, a bun...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selective Install of Self Service App

So, my organization uses JAMF to manage encryption on machines in a variety of departments, but then provides SLA services to a smaller subset of departments. We would like to turn on Self Service to our SLA customers, but it appears as though Self S...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote Logging - File Not Found

Whenever I run a Casper Remote command, it processes successfully; however when I try to access the logs for the job from the Casper Remote interface, it navigates to : file:///.file/id=6571367.12243594 (with a varying ID, obviously) ... and returns ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Config profile payload not working?

I have a question that relates to enforcing FV2 via config profile. Using v9.96, I have a Config profile that is targeted at the computer level, when imaging a machine, the FV part does not take effect unless I run sudo jamf removemdmprofile and then...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unbind from AD via script

As part of DEP, it autogenerates a binded computer name based off serial numbers. I need to unbind the machine and take out the computer record and then rebind it. The I see a lot of information on the force unbind with garbage username and passwords...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing WiFi on macOS

A few years back, I was in a school within a community with a large cluster of open WiFi networks. The problem we had was students dropping off the filtered School WiFi and connecting to one of the neighborhood networks. To address this issue, I crea...  View more

b1f8da96f86541f88e2fb35ac01b4781
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update an app without admin-rights

Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm searching for a solution to update an app (no App-Store) without admin-rights (The Application needs admin-rights to update automatically). We have not enough time to deploy the App via SelfService or software policy.O...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to get Jamf to mount shared drives

Hi all, I am new to Casper and also to Mac scripting. I just want to mount as simple as possible our shared drives to the users Macs. I got an osascript running which works perfectly on the Mac itself.Have imported it to Casper Admin, created a polic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS 10 Widget issue

Hello everyone, Yesterday we had an issue with a news article showing up on all of our primary school iPad's, the article was showing was in the widget area of IOS 10. Is there a way of disabling widgets from Casper ? or at least being able to restri...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stubborn Installs from Self Service

I have had several occurrences where an app will NOT install from Self Service, and there doesn't seem to be a fix. Seems to be the Apple apps as well (Classroom and in the case of the screenshots attached Swift Playground) Even when excluding the iP...  View more

6081676d86f04b84abc9e9787fbb29b6 ff4f0755283a4205a1081daf338242f4 7bec03842faa40f6a96e0bcb8cc01e39
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary Admin Rights Via Self Service

Is there any way to grant a standard user temporary admin rights via self service. I am thinking some kind of script they can run that grants them admin rights for say 10 minutes or so. Then takes it away. In a perfect world the script can only be ru...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Grab user information from Local Account

Hey folks,Was wondering if there is a way to automatically upload Local user information from the machine to JSS? The Mac already collects Full Name and Short Name, and we just want it to be able to upload that to JSS so the User and Location fields ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom Shared iPad Password Login Screen

Seems all new students imported into jamf from ASM come in with the default Passcode Requirement (found in Users Inventory > Rosters) of "Complex" even if the Password Setting in ASM was 4-Digit. So, when student sign in, they are presented with a co...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypassing local DNS server for www address

I've started using the DNS server in macOS server to allow clients to reach our JSS using the computer name rather than having to use the IP address. The problem seems to be when I enable the DNS server and use it to include an entry for .myschool.ed...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

K-12 Private School Management Best Practices

Hello Everyone, I wanted to touch base with others who are managing Apple products in a private school environment. Everyone has their own preferences on how they use Casper Suite to manage and I wanted to have an area people to talk about these thin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to bundle a script and install.app

Hey there, So I have a piece of software packaged up nice as a dmg in our standard image. However for whatever reason it fails to install correctly. Link for those interested I've tested out a solution involving a script to adjust the permissions rel...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates not working from SUS

Hi all.For the life of me, I just can't get Mac OSX Software Updates working from a SUS. I am also finding it difficult to find definitive documentation on setting a SUS up. I would appreciate if someone could give some input. I was using JAMF's NetS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Root certificate import and change to "Always Trust"

Hello, we have a root certification, since a few days I try to deploy it to a mac (At the moment I do it with a configuration profil) and change it then to "Trust Always". How I can change the trust to "Trust Always"? Use all browser the keychain for...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Proxy Cert Not Renewing

Hey, The Push Proxy Cert in our JSS has expired and is not renewing (I understand it's set to do this automatically every week?). When I manually click on the Renew button, it just hangs for a minute or so then refreshes the page. Looking at our JSS ...  View more

462a2e533e884bc4bf3f328dfc41836f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help for Time Machine backups.

While doing some digging on how to allow our users to start backing their data up automatically I ran across this thread. [https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/18257/have-time-machine-backup-just-user-folder](link URL) and I think it's (almos...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Bind to Active Directory

Hey all, My school just got setup for Casper last week, at the start everything seemed to work alright, but now the Configuration Profile" that supposed to Bind macs to Active Directory fails. I can manually bind the Mac to AD. If i Bind the Mac manu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stage a large package rollout?

Is there any way to stage a large package rollout for example to 5 computers at a time in a smart group? Example: Each of our labs have approx 30 computers. When we try and rollout a large package to a lab it ends up not having time to finish after r...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors