Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Magic Triangle (Active Directory + Mac Server)

Hello Community, we use a mixed infrastructure. Some employees use Macs the other one Windows systems. For the management we use a active directory. On Windows it works great, no issues. With OSX sometimes we have trouble in the user managment. I am ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduling task after office hours

Hello People,Where can i find documentation about scheduling jobs after office hours.so that the computers start at let say 22:00, get their updates and go down again.Not from sleep mode, but from shutdown state. So just looking for a strategy to pul...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using VPP with Shared iPad

I think I'm missing something simple here but how do you use VPP device based distribution with shared iPads? I receive an error in JSS stating "the MDM request is invalid" Thanks  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete an unmanaged machine

Hi,I have a machine that appears as unmanaged but when I try to delete it the page comes up with a "The page you requested could not be found." error.Does anyone know how to clear this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block/ Handle iOS 10

How do the schools handle/ stop the iOS10 upgrade on students'/ teachers' ipads if school is not ready for classroom app. Recently some schoo ipads were upgraded to iOS10 beta version and teachers were not able to focus these upgraded ipads. If Apple...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to add variable to jamfhelper description

I'm trying to create a popup message for users who are running low on boot drive space. I'm getting the free space of the boot volume and adding it to a description variable that I then call in the command to jamfhelper. But it doesn't work in jamfhe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Mini Late 2014 > HDMI > Dell P2317H No Video

Hi, all. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why I sometimes cannot get any video to display with this setup. We just purchased about 40 new Mac Minis (late 2014 model with Iris integrated graphics) along with Dell P2317H monito...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

After Effects CC 2015 and Cinema 4D R17

Does anyone know where the setting is stored to tell After Effects to use the "full" version of Cinema 4D Studio instead of Cinema 4D Lite? I'm still looking, but so far I've been unsuccessful at finding it.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build and installation Schedule

Hi, everyone. I've recently joined an ad agency where we finally are upgrading about 40 Mac Yosemite users and a few Windows users (but using SCCM; not Casper) from Adobe CS6 to Creative Cloud, using CCP for packaging and Casper for deployment. This ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safe to upgrade

Hi All, Is it safe for me to update our JSS from 9.81 all the way to the latest version? Should I do it incremental? Thanks!  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Plugin encountered an error processing request 10001

Hello, I have been struggling with this error since our Jump Start. We have a service account that is to bind devices to our AD upon enrollment. Every time, both via policy or by going to user preferences I receive this error. My AD account works to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9807)

Everything appears to be working find with the JSS and the clients but if we run sudo jamf policy or sudo jamf recon in Terminal, we see the error: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9807).  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon policy scope says no policies were found

As trying to test iBeacons with Casper and OS X I cannot get it to work properly. When scoping a policy to a computer and runnung sudo jamf policy the binary says there is no policy available. This is what I've done so far: Enabled Monitor iBeacon re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is Patch Reporting?

I've just upgraded our test environment to 9.93 and I can't see the Patch Reporting option on the left. Do you have to turn it on in settings? What am I missing here?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minor issues after machine is imaged

Hello, I'm new to Casper and I'm running into a few problems after the machine is imaged. I'll layout my process and versions. JSS and Casper Admin are running 9.93 Downloaded El Captian from App store 2.Dragged the download onto AutoDMG to create im...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

odd net boot issues

i have a mac mini running 10.11 server . using it for netboot and file share distribution point. none of my newer (10.10 and above) equipment will netboot to it. i can see it when i boot holding option, but when i choose the netboot server they still...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software re-installing repeatedly.

This is my workflow - I have a CONFIGURATION POLICY running for anyone that does not have Office installed. It's called "Install Office 2016" "Install Office 2016" has a recurring check-in trigger, and assigned to a scope consisting of a SMART COMPUT...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFW User Group Meeting - September 29th

Come join us for our next user group meeting, Thursday September 29th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Head over to the User Groups section of JAMF Nation to sign up. Be sure to sign up so we have enough pizza for everyone!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors