Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Automatiser la recherche LDAP

Bonjour, Nos élèves vont changer de classe à la rentrée (Rubrique "Poste" sur la capture ci-dessous) et nous aimerions savoir s'il était possible d'actualiser automatiquement la recherche LDAP d'un utilisateur (et donc de sa nouvelle classe) sans êtr...  View more

9f856f099b544a0fbe6f627532713d1b
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Service Deprecated

While Caching Server has its benefits, I personally don't like how it's all or nothing when determining what data to store. I found this in a public KBase article: [https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206871](Prepare your institution for iOS 10 and mac...  View more

20292fcfd6c04c819eea4f214584280b
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout "Checking for policies" message customizable?

I'm wracking my brain trying to find a clean way to upgrade Office 2016 that does not force users to quit their apps. I like the process for installing the Office 2016 installer at logout, but the "Checking for policies" message is so generic that I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.93 Patch Management & Smart Groups

I want to make sure I understand how the Smart Group criteria for 9.93's new Patch Management feature works. Example: When building a Smart Group for tracking Adobe Flash plug-in, do I also need to check for the exisitence of the plug-in as well (Plu...  View more

fd9b68a05816476b8029052596640359
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying VPP Mac App Store Apps via JAMF

Im starting to experiment with deployiong/assigning (free) Mac App Store apps to computers. Im currently scoping a few apps to my 10.11-based IT Dept Macs for testing. My plan is to leverage VPP/MAS/JAMF for a few free common apps such as Microsoft O...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any Lightspeed Filter customers out there?

We're new to Casper and things are going mostly well with the exception of the global proxy settings and/or our SSL Exclusions on the Rocket itself. While I wait for Lighspeed to call in on the newly created case I wondered if anyone else had had thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Brew and then (hopefully) GCC using Brew

Hello JN, I just got an 11th hour request for TeXshop, GCC, and Brew to be installed in one of our labs (classes start today). I was able to package TeXShop just fine using Composer. As for Brew/GCC, I thought it would be as simple as creating a shel...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Redirecting Local Home Folders to Shared Folders

We are trying to redirect locally created home folders on our 10.10 (Yosemite) workstations to a shared folder we have setup. I have attached the script we are trying to use below. The folder creation part of the script works fine. I am getting “Acce...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions issue with /Desktop folder in 10.11.6

Good morning, all. I build a monolithic image each summer for deployment for the Fall and Spring semester. I am running into a critical issue a week before we go live; when an authenticated AD user tries to save a file, the Desktop & Downloads folder...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Failures (Mac OS X 10.11.6, JSS 9.93)

Our machines are iMac14,3 computers with 8GB RAM and 250GB Apple SSDs. We're following our normal lab fall reimaging protocol by net booting our machines (using a disk created with AutoCasperNBI 1.3.3), then executing a Casper Imaging configuration t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM Importing teachers at multiple locations

I know that users are able to be at multiple locations, but I don't know how to import users to multiple locations with SFTP. As it stands, the csv exported from our SIS lists such teachers multiple times, once for each location, and the duplicate pe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only allow apps from catalog

Hi all, Is there a way to only allow apps that reside in the app catalog to be installed on an iPad. We are currently trying to do this using a restrictions config profile with Restrict App Usage set to Only Allow Some Apps. It works, but having to a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paper cut and El Capitan

Hi Folks, A quick concern that I have just run into. I see that Papercut 15.2 IS compatible with El Capitan. We are on version 15.1. A year or so ago I had downloaded a paper cut script to unpause the printers for Yosemite. My bad as it didn't occur ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

mdm URL and proxy server

A company-wide proxy server was enabled yesterday and the proxy settings have been applied to all existing Macs. The problem is that if I'm setting up a brand new Mac, I can't get any config profiles to push because it appears that the proxy is block...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMAC 5K Black Screen of Sleep

Noticing an issue with some of my iMAC 5Ks. When the machine puts the display to sleep, the display doesn't always wake up. However the machine is still running, for example music that was left on will continue to play but the display remains black. ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library and / or Application Support redirect

Has anyone had luck redirecting the Application Support folder to a tmp drive on the local disk? clients; 10.11.6server; win2012r2 smb share Alls running smoothly for our network homes; except chrome cannot properly write to the application support f...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Office 365 shared computer activation?

Has anyone had any luck with installing & licensing Office 365 on shared/common Macs? Most of my Macs are deployed 1-to-1, but we have a few Macs that are shared/common. These Macs still have 2011 volume or retail licenses. Im going to transition the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update NBI with latest Casper Imaging application script

@athompson thank you for that script you uploaded. Does it work with NBI's created with AutocasperNBI? The reason I ask is due to when I manually update them, I have to rename Netboot.dmg to Netboot.sparseimage, but I didn't see those commands in you...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Magic Triangle (Active Directory + Mac Server)

Hello Community, we use a mixed infrastructure. Some employees use Macs the other one Windows systems. For the management we use a active directory. On Windows it works great, no issues. With OSX sometimes we have trouble in the user managment. I am ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors