Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Netboot

Hi, Right now our company is using separate Netboot servers for all the different offices. So when it's time to update the netboot images I have to manually do all of them 1 by 1. Is there a way I can set it to where I only have 1 and control it for ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execution Frequency Once a Month ??

Does anyone know the exact number of days that a policy that is configured to execute once a month will run? 28 days ?? I have a policy that will run a script, execution is once a month during recurring check-in. If the first time the policy was run ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Profile and FileVault

I have successfully set up a WiFi profile that allows users to authenticate to AD via WiFi from the login prompt. This is awesome. Except when I set up FileVault on the machine.Now, with Filevault enabled (pushed out via Casper), once the desktop loa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User folder gets created in /

In my testing process I’m imaging an iMac with a simple OS only AutoDMG file (including updates: Camera RAW, iTunes, ARD Client, Safari). When I log in a directory gets created: /username/Users/*/Library/Preferences. This happens for every local user...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

San Diego Casper Admin Group Meeting for July?

@jeffpugh @jhbush1973 @dmueller @jsherman @ejboyd @mike.lancas The past couple of months have gotten away from me and we haven't met up in a while! How does a meet-up on July 9th sound? Karl Strauss or Stone again? Other location suggestions? June se...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to create a new keystore for HTTPS

So I have people using Opera now and they receive an error when connecting to my server using a self signed cert regarding a weak diffie-helman key. So I decided to bite the bullet and setup a new HTTPS cert using my companies internal CA, but found ...  View more

3373cfc439bc479993bcdb0cf4b544d4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pending Config Profiles

Using Config profiles can be very frustrating because you aren't in complete control of the entire process.One thing I see every so often is config profiles that are constantly in the 'Pending' status. The system is working generally since most peopl...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device Signature Error on build

Before I start I did see the other posts about this issue, but seem like all the fixes are manual ones. Since this occurs during our imaging process which is hands free, I'm looking to see if there is something I can do to remediate this. Quick Backg...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

See VPN Configurations on Mobile Devices

Hi there, So I'm trying to find out if some of our devices are using VPN to connect to the internet, In my mind this should be easy to see but I can't find any really good search for this. In my mind one way to fetch this would be to see if a user ha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device-bound AD Accounts are able to login into Macs

Hey, we have device bound Active Directory - Accounts for our Windows 7 PCs.This is how it should work, the account sem87rz is only able to login into PC87.In the Windows environment everything works fine. But really strange is that this accounts are...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

nonadmin Wi-Fi

If you block users from being local admin this script will enable it for non local admins. #!/bin/sh # Get "Wi-Fi" or "Airport" based on your OS wservice=`/usr/sbin/networksetup -listallnetworkservices | grep -Ei '(Wi-Fi|AirPort)'` # Get port whwport...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

fontblock.sh

If you want to block users from installing fonts in their local fonts folder this will do the trick. #!/bin/bash #disable's non admin users to install fonts chown -R root /Users/$3/Library/Fonts chmod -R 755 /Users/$3/Library/Fonts exit 0  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transmit 4.4.8 licensing

So good ole Transmit is being requested again by some of my studio folks - does anyone know how to capture the serial during/after licensing it? Using Composer 9.65 to monitor file changes only shows the ~/Library/Preferences/com.panic.Transmit.plist...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying the new Fiery Mac Drivers...

First post. Be kind, please! What do you do when when the driver always pops up a window at install to find the ip of the DFE? The current crop of Fiery drivers for Xerox (looked at both V80 and C70 entry production level machines) are different, I f...  View more

df8d4b8e68b648ea9439c19bf39688df 1ac57c9588e44c9fb4ff3c012cb5acf5
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos

Best practise or recommendation

Hi All I'm new to Casper and recently installed and started to enroll mac's into Casper. I just wanted to reach out to ask if anyone has recommendations to any profiles/payloads that I should consider setting up?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding OS X to AD

I am new to JAMF and will be attending training soon, but I want to get a head start on getting setup on the Casper suite. I have read through a lot of documentation and forums, but there are still a few things puzzling me. First I have this issue, I...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up HTTP Downloads on OS X Server.app?

Hello everyone! I currently have HTTP downloads enabled on Windows Server 2012 using IIS 8. Now, I would like to do the same with OS X. I currently have these settings in OS X Server 4.1 (10.10.3 )and it basically hangs then fails and I get this erro...  View more

1d6914e1b4da4fb3918b42700c4ca2db 3eb396a49516486ba6738bb56abf302e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD and Folder Redirection

Hi Folks, I'm a very new systems engineer and my scripting skills is pretty much -1 to Zero. I have an issue at a school I have been directed for Casper Support. They have a setup where Macs are bound to AD and user home folders, i.e. desktop, docume...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors