Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Enable Screen Sharing

I forgot to enable screen sharing for new imaged Macs and now I can't use Casper Remote to remote to the devices. How can I enable screen sharing via a script or profile?  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Backup - redundancy

Hi All,Looking for some tips on redundancy for our Casper environment.Our JSS is on a Windows 2008 R2 server.I configured the database to backup every night but it looks like it can only backup locally to that same server. If it could backup to a dif...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Distrubtion "The redemption code is invalid."

Hi all,I've only started doing some basics with iPads and managed VPP distribution and I just encountered an issue. We bought 2 copies of Proloque2Go via the VPP and chose the managed distribution option not the code download. The ipad I enrolled mon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

rename network drive

Hi everyone, We have a windows file cluster on which we share files through DFS. I use login script to map 4 shares on our OSX machines. This works fine however the names of the shares are all the same (dfs structure names the different shares based ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook (Parental Controls) vs iPad (Content Filter)

The Macbook's Parental Control gives you more options other than just content filtering on browser, however, iPad content filter is only applied on the Safari browser. Is the above statement is correct does user can still access inappropriate content...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Casper Admin/Imaging hate SMB shares?

Hello JAMF Nation! We created an SMB share hosted on Windows Server 2012 last week and temporally made it our master distribution point. I replicated our AFP share to SMB and it worked great for two days before Casper admin/Imaging (Netboot for imagi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy exclude site?

Is there any way to have a site excluded from a policy? I'm surprised that that isn't an option under policies themselves, but even more surprised that it doesn't seem to be a criteria that you can use for a smart group. I'm also not finding it as an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 : Disable Import/Export option

Hi All, I am MAC administrator of my organization. Recently we decided to have outlook.app for mac systems instead of Mail.app(Default Program). So i am leading this project and have been prepared all stuff like got the trial version of Office 2011, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf helper message with icon??

I have a message via jamfhelper that users will see during a policy that runs at logout (shutdown triggers it also, so looks like if a user shuts down instead of logout, its the same as logout).I want to add an icon to the message, jamfhelper has the...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Create Mobile Account

While not specifically about JAMF Casper Suite, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the following behavior from their managed clients running OS X Mavericks (10.9.5) which are bound to an Active Directory domain. Intermittently, we will ha...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a link to download Safari 7.14?

I'm new to Casper (6 months), and I can't seem to find a download link on support.apple.com/downloads. Can someone help me out? Is there also a better way of getting the pkg instead of waiting for Appe? Safari 7.14 for Mavericks.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bleu JSS Rights Needed?

Hello, Does anyone know what rights are needed to allow login through Bleu JSS for setting up an iBeacon? We just got one in the District and the person setting up the device has limited privileges in the JSS, but gets a 401 Unauthorized error when l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Directories on a 2nd Partition

Ater a bit of searching it seems like most of the discussions concerning moving user's home directories to a 2nd partition are all at least a few years old. My first question is if there are still people doing this? If so how are you managing this in...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to apply profiles to users but not admins

Hi, Looking into managing our Macs with profiles, and am wondering is there a way to just apply profiles to Active Directory users and not the admin user on machines?. I want to restricted access to PrefPanes but am finding that once done the restric...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems importing cert via terminal

So I've run into an issue that is driving me batty... I run the standard terminal command: security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustAsRoot -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain /path/to/cert.cer and I get: SecTrustSettingsSetTrustSettings: One or more pa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2015-003

Can't find any download links at the moment. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1800?locale=en_IShttps://support.apple.com/kb/DL1799?locale=en_IS&142679521 (Early 2015 iMac gets it's own apparently) Thank you to @hkabik  View more

f67f98b8f8a849dd9055de717819d0e1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with 802.1x Login Window Profile and reconnections

Hi there, We are having a pretty shoddy experience with our 802.1x profile on our Macs, both Mavericks and Yosemite. Our setup:AD accounts, RADIUS authentication. Extreme Networks gear.10.9.4 and above (symptoms vary slightly from Mavericks to Yosemi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.61 - AD Binding no longer working

There was a similar-sounding issue for folks that have upgraded to 9.65, but that issue appears to involve $ signs in passwords. Basically our AD binding policy that has been working flawlesssly for three years just went kaput. We're on 9.61 and have...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Clarification.

I have read many of the Discussions on Pre - Enrollment. We have a vendor who images the Macbook airs for our students. I provide them with a like mac with our image( monolithic never touched by Casper). We use Casper Suite, they use Deploy studio.Wh...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Northeast JAMF UG Meeting

We had a great meeting early Dec. so it's time to do it again now that the snow is starting to finally melt (well, not today, but overall). https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=16206191154 Looking forward to seeing everyone!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

remove admin rights after date?

I'd like to be able to have the admin rights expire for the users 1yr after being assigned in the policy, is there a way to do that? probably something that detects the date they were assigned, then a deamon that gets created and counts down or looks...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors