Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

'At Reboot' scripts running before reboot

I have several 'At Reboot' scripts that run during the imaging process when using Casper Imaging. They do various things like configure application licensing. These used to run as intended, after the machine loads and reboots for the first time. Now ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Ex / Java - Repeated Proxy Prompts

I am not sure when this began happening, but as of this week, when attempting to access a web ex meeting, our users are prompted repeatedly for proxy credentials. It is not the native OS X proxy prompt, but a generic window titles 'Proxy Authenticati...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Proxy Settings -Newbie

We are a high school running 10.8.5 on about 800 macairs. We have a configuration profile setup with a payload for Network. Wifi, SSID password, Proxy Setup "Manual", Proxy server "proxy.XXXX.XX", port 8080, authentication and password are blank sinc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Configuration Profiles not installing

I have a test JSS server that was running 9.22 and installing the Wireless configuration profiles so I could start testing my profiles and policies to make sure everything would be working when we upgraded our main server to version 9. Everything was...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues getting JDS to work in the cloud

Hi All, Not sure if i'm missing something here, but I'm having issues with getting our JDS up and running in the cloud. So to paint a picture of our setup:- We have a our JSS setup in the cloud and a local JDS (on Mac) setup in our London Office. I a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

The buttons "Remove Focus" and "Clear Passcode" are disabled, it looks like that the iPad that was Focused was not released. Is there anyway to reset the Casper Focus or some other solution.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

The buttons "Remove Focus" and "Clear Passcode" are disabled, it looks like that the iPad that was Focused was not released. Is there anyway to reset the Casper Focus or some other solution.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Working with the Keychain in Terminal

Hey all! Having some issues working with the User's keychain (~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain) w/ a shell script. I'm trying to unlock the keychain (I have the user's password getting passed to it via a website). I'm actually trying to use the scr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Login after sleep OSX 10.9

Hey Guys, Having some weird issues with 10.9 and AD logins, Picture this Lab of 10.9 machines all working fineGoes to sleep overnightWake up machines try login as AD userCant login immediate shake, Has IP address (according to login window) and can p...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding Enrollment and Configuration Profiles

How do you bind the enrollment and configuration profiles together we have used department field but how do we set up the username, fullname and email address fields, should we use $USER, $EMAIL for it. I am asking this because the department binding...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Master inventory list from multiple subnets

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find anything directly related. I've been tasked with compiling a master inventory of our computers to address our computer replacement cycle this summer. We have eight locations with different IP...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1.X Wired Identity Preferences

How do you set 802.1.X Identity preferences in a script for a wired network? For wireless the command is: security set-identity-preference -s com.apple.network.eap.user.identity.wlan.ssid.YOURNETWORKNAME -Z $cert What would it be for wired? What repl...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX lookup stopped working

Recently, I have observed the GSX lookup stopped working (JSS 9.21). The account setting is correct and it tests out correctly (and works when logging into the GSX website). However, when attempting a lookup it now always fails ("lookup was not succe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Events Api, enrollment catch case

Hi, everyone. I'm wondering, if someone have tried to utilise JSS Events Api for catching mobile enrollment events?We've built simple jss plugin for catching events, which invokes other logic to set up addition environment for enrolled device. But we...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil script

Hi All, I need help everyone, I'm trying to use this script(adaptation from @bentoms scripts w/ dockutil) to map my Network share but I'm getting a dscl not found on the ADGroups variable. Thanks in advance. #!bin/bashloggedInUser="$3"accounType="dsc...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro Reballing Services in Twin Cities

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I figured with all the Mac Love @ JAMF, someone might be able to answer this question--does anyone know of someone in the Twin Cities area that can professionally reball a MacBook Pro? Thanks for any info.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.23 fails to enroll in MDM

Yesterday I cloned out 9.22 into a sandbox and updated it to 9.23. Ever since the update, we can't enroll devices in MDM with the sandboxed machine. It just reports: The computer was not enrolled in MDM with the JSS. The device certificate did not in...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.23 download

Anyone not able to download the Casper Suite 9.23 image from http://my.jamfsoftware.com? I log in and see my assets, can download the release notes, but trying to download the Mac (or Windows, for that matter) installers just yields a blank browser w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF at home

Hello All, I know this might sound crazy, but I'm looking to deploy JAMF at home. I have 11 apple devices in my house, 3 Macs, 3 iPads, 4 iPhones, and an Apple TV. I assume it would be a long shot, but would it be possible to do this? I would really ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Techs can't image if some packages are in the config

I can image all day long but my staff can't until they remove 3 of the packages I made. What would cause this? The 3 packages they had to remove we're Firefox chrome and office 2011. All made on a clean Mac using snap shot, made by me. These packages...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors