Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Adobe XI Pro updates?

Since I'm on my quest to revoke admin right from the users at my workplace I have to go through all applications and set them to not update or update themselves. Now I'm wondering how you manage the constant Adobe XI Pro updates? Anything that'd make...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed apps and prompts to install

I cannot seem to find a clear answer to this in the Administrator Guide. When a mobile app is added to JSS, and it is set to "Manage", but not to place in self service rather than prompt user, will a user always get a prompt anyway? We have not yet t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

IOS 7.0.2 and iTunes for students under 13

This is what I am hearing from our Apple Systems Engineer: The current model for under 13 students is to use Apple Configurator (we are using 1.4 which has some issues) to push the Apps to the ipads. We have 60 for our 6th graders so that is what we ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

app version tracking

How do you keep track of all the apps that need updates? For instance, Java, Flash, office, camtasia, and all the other apps that need to get rebundled when an update is out (and when the update is available)?  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updated MS Office 2011 Manifest

Does anyone have an updated manifest for MS Office 2011 that includes Lync? There was a new installer for office that came out in October 2012 that included Lync instead of Communicator. The only manifest that I can find is an old version and also is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad 2,4

Hi there, I've just updated to v9.11 and I'm still getting iPad2,4 as a model number. Given that this model was released well over 12 months ago I would have thought that it would be included as a model within the 9.11 update (and previously). How do...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD account with hyphen JSS 9.x

I have a JSS user on my Service Desk whose AD account has a hyphen within it, he's able to login to our current production JSS version 8.71, but not in to our test JSS version 9.0 (same copy of database before 9.x upgrade). Every other JSS user in th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Issues

Has anyone found a legitimate work around for the current AD issues that are plaguing the Casper Suite? We cant enroll any mobile devices using AD without manually adding the user names first into the JAMF. It will only look at our first DC in the li...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS 7 Setup Issues

In the past I would go through the initial setup of an iPad, configure it the way that I liked it and create a backup using Configurator. Then I would restore that backup along with any profiles to the rest of a cart. It worked flawlessly. Now, with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions for Remote Access?

I have setup a group to allow for remote access, however none of the LDAP or local account users in that group can access it. They all get "permission denied to share screen" when they try to screen share from Casper Remote They do have the casper re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GPG tools via casper suite

Anyone have any experience with this? We are trying to update people from version 1 to 2, and also 2.x.x to a newer version and can't seem to get it working. Any tips would be very gratefully received. Thanks Dave  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP app ownership after Casper deployment?

Hi guys, One question. We are thinking of deploying payed apps through VPP programme, but there is one question. When we make a payed app available to users (after importing VPP codes into Casper), and they get it from Self Service, do they redeem it...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Collection Frequency

Alright, we have an issue with a missing iOS device. My boss just asked me if there was anyway for us to increase the Inventory Collection Frequency from what I've read and what I know once a week is the most frequent it can be set to. So hopefully s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group based on EA in 9.11

Hi, It may be a newbie question but how on earth do I create a smart group based on an EA? This is in JSS 9.11 BTW. I have the EA being populated via a script and can see the info in the inventory, I just cannot work out how to use an EA as criteria ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Replication Error

When trying to do a replication to the JDS from Casper Admin, we are getting this error:"There was a problem connecting to the server "utasjdssby.its.utas.edu.au". This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again l...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

The JNUC 5K is back for 2013!

If you're interested in getting a run in during the JNUC, we'll be holding the second annual JNUC Run Club 5K on Wednesday morning at 7:00am. We've been testing lots of routes along the river and think we have a good one ready to go. If you're lookin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS computer importer

Hey all,I'm trying to use the JSS computer importer to update the "Asset tag" field in the JSS. What seems to be unclear to me is the fields in the CSV file. I have read on a different thread that the required fields... Second, the only columns that ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Backup Image iOS7

After several attempts to create an iOS7 restore image for new iPads, using iPad Mini's and iPad 2's I have yet to create a restore image that get's rid of all of the setup questions. I can eliminate several questions but not all of them like I've do...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors