Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

iOS Device Registration Loop

Trialling Jamf Pro to manage a small number of iOS devices. We are setting up Jamf to work with Intune per setup guides. We have some support from Jamf but struggling to get a solution to this one. Currently waiting on a response so thought worth ask...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad - Self Service portal disappears

Ipad gets resetstart the setup process.On the home screen I can see the self service portal start to install then it disappearsIf I open up settings, I can see it installed on the left side at the very bottom. Shows me what version is installedIf I o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find Macs NOT assigned to a site

We have a couple dozen Sites defined with Macs assigned accordingly. The problem is we have a bunch of Macs that are NOT assigned to any Sites. I'm trying to figure out how to craft a search or smart group to show me all Macs that are assigned to "No...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS User Enrollment: No serial number

I am running into an issue where my iOS devices are not logging a serial number after Account-driven enrollment. I have enrolled multiple devices, but the Serial Number does not get reported in the Jamf Pro console. VPP licenses will not apply to iOS...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH Weak Message Authentication Code Algorithms

Our risk/vulnerability software kept flagging my Macs server with a low risk "SSH Weak Message Authentication Code Algorithms". I didn't see any Mac specific articles out there. Posting the "fix" that worked for my environment here. By default macOS ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Problems with Check Point Endpoint Security

Does anyone here have experience with Check Point Endpoint Security on macOS? We are trying to deploy it on our macs but have some problems with it:1. We can't use kernel extensions since Jamf does not install them on M1 macs (or whatever the conditi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-Enrollment Autologin with Monterey 12.4

We are using PreStage Enrollment and want to skip setup and have the first login to be Autologin with the created user during PreStage Enrollment so the rest of the Jamf policies can finish before the first Network user logs in.Has anyone done this b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac does not apply preference restrictions

Hi,when I assign a profile to our Macs with system preferences items disabled, it installs the profile and reloads the dock but doesn't actually disable the selected items.Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Logout on Account Logoff

Hey Everyone, I'm trying to find a solution that will allow the WiFi credentials to be forgotten the second that the user logs off of the account. We have multiple people using these laptops and each of them have their own WiFi login and we don't wan...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device is not checking in and we can't reset it

We have an iPad that was brand new at the beginning of March 2022. It was setup and Jamf Pro was showing that everything looked good, however it hasn't checked in since that initial setup and we can't figure out how to get it to communicate with Jamf...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike External Kernel M1

Hello,My company just recently switched over to Jamf and we have a mix of Intel Macs and M1 Macs. We are having an issue with the Externel Kernel for Crowdstrike installing on our M1 machines. They install perfectly fine on our Intel Macs just not on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MUT PO Date

Is there a specific format that the PO Date has to be in when submitting the CSV to MUT?Renaming devices and I've narrowed it down to that field causing an error. When I take that out the renaming is successful.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro Application not appearing on the iPad

Hi All,I would like to check when onboarding the iPad into JAMF. Few of my devices will not show any application installed and I got to send a blank push for the application to be installed.May I know what is the root cause that some of my iPad/iPhon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kitcast / YouTube Freezing (Same time daily)

Hi allWe're experiencing an odd issue whereby running a mixture of Kitcast and Youtube appears to freeze on all of our AppleTV devices at approximately 13:56 BST. The devices have to be either manually power cycled or remotely rebooted from the Jamf ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why doesn't this script work? Adobe Lightroom fix ...

Hi there,Some Adobe Lightroom users are seeing the permissions error below when launching the application on Monterey. Adobe provided fixes here. A script sets the permissions correctly.If we follow the instructions by downloading the shell script, d...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 2.10.56 PM.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Jamf" wants access to control "Microsoft Outlook

Hi folks,we have a policy available in Self-Service, which executes a script that opens Microsoft Outlook and set some settings.#!/bin/sh #Get current User currentuser=$(scutil <<< "show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | awk '/Name :/ && ! /loginwindow/ { ...  View more

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-13 um 11.52.11.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.22.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.24.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.29.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management Pop Up Icon

Hi there,Up until recently we were able to input company branding on the Management Notification for policy pop ups. Based on the process discussed here we would just change the icon for the application, then push it to all machines. However it seems...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors