Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Kitcast / YouTube Freezing (Same time daily)

Hi allWe're experiencing an odd issue whereby running a mixture of Kitcast and Youtube appears to freeze on all of our AppleTV devices at approximately 13:56 BST. The devices have to be either manually power cycled or remotely rebooted from the Jamf ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why doesn't this script work? Adobe Lightroom fix ...

Hi there,Some Adobe Lightroom users are seeing the permissions error below when launching the application on Monterey. Adobe provided fixes here. A script sets the permissions correctly.If we follow the instructions by downloading the shell script, d...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 2.10.56 PM.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Jamf" wants access to control "Microsoft Outlook

Hi folks,we have a policy available in Self-Service, which executes a script that opens Microsoft Outlook and set some settings.#!/bin/sh #Get current User currentuser=$(scutil <<< "show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | awk '/Name :/ && ! /loginwindow/ { ...  View more

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-13 um 11.52.11.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.22.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.24.png Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 11.51.29.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management Pop Up Icon

Hi there,Up until recently we were able to input company branding on the Management Notification for policy pop ups. Based on the process discussed here we would just change the icon for the application, then push it to all machines. However it seems...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Firmware Password on Bootcamp

Currently my organization is using Bootcamp in order to run specific Windows apps instead of Parallels. Is there a way to bypass the firmware prompt when switching from the Mac to the Windows OS without actually disabling the firmware itself via JAMF...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Future of Printing

With all the issues that seem to be revolving around the printing eco-system these days, I thought I would ask if anyone has any insights on where the industry is heading in the near future. For years we had Windows print queues that worked just fine...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Passing Proxy creds in Terminal

The env here requires a proxy for outbound traffic. I found an issue that if a user has an @ symbol in their password - it errors that it can't resolve the hostname.Is there a way I can wrap the password in something to ensure the credentials @ hostn...  View more

proxy error.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Private macOS partition on Jamf-managed MacBook

I got a shiny MacBook Pro from my company and since I wanted to get a new private MacBook anyways I got permission for using it with a second macOS Partition.So its essentially:macOS Work, FileVault, JAMF Pro MDM profiles installed.macOS Private, Fil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS - Configuration Profile to Block MDM Removal

Inherited a fleet of iOS devices that didn't have "Prevent Unenrollment" checked in the pre-stage enrollment. Have several hundred devices that have the ability to remove the MDM Profile. Is there a way to create a configuration profile to block user...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

system preference restriction

Hi I am deploying some mac minis using Jamf school,I am trying to disable some system preferences but it is not working,none of the system preferences get disabled, i have tried importing a mobile config file from Jamf pro and profile creator still n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete UIE admin users

Im trying to create a script to add to policy to do a mass deletion of UIE admins left on computers but to leave the standard account and jamf installed admin accounts, put together this scrip but it doesnt work, could someone please take a look and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS - Configuration Profile to Block Removal of MDM

Inherited a fleet of iOS devices that didn't have "Prevent Unenrollment" checked in the pre-stage enrollment. Have several hundred devices that have the ability to remove the MDM Profile. Is there a way to create a configuration profile to block user...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Methods to Stop MacOS Updates

Hello,I'm looking for suggestions on stopping Mac OS software updates? We try to maintain control of what updates go out when because of our classes and such, and was looking for thoughts on ways to achieve this. It drives me crazy when an issue come...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-reveal app after Self Service installation

Leverage Jamf Pro’s Execute Command to auto-close the Self Service description, auto-reload Self Service and auto-reveal an app after user installationBackgroundLike nearly all Jamf Pro customers, we leverage Self Service to allow Standard Users to e...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.15.07 AM.jpg
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Lenovo Ideapad 330 Keyboard Issue

Hello, I’ve some problems with my keyboard.I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 Ryzen 5 laptop that I purchased a couple of years ago and it does not store the L, K & spacebar keys while writing on documents.I’ve to press those keys several times for it to wo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels Standard Deploy license keys

Hi,unfortunatly I have not the bussiness version of Parallels 17, only the standard, for 86 clients to deploy. Every Client should get a own serial key because of parallels refuse to change my licenses into a volume license key.Now I thougt I should ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up user with ssh keys

Hello. I am trying to automate the setup of build agents for developers on a Mac Mini, via prestage enrollment. What I'm trying to do is to automatically create ssh keys and retrieve both keys (public and private) Has anyone done any similar setup?Th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing login window background in Monterey

Hi all. I have been tasked with changing the background image on the login window to reflect new company branding. I am looking for confirmation to see if anyone has been able to successfully do this in Monterey, and if so, how as I believe it is a p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors