Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

EDU DEPNotify Splash Screens

As we all know, K-12 schools use Jamf a little differently than standard businesses. We usually set everything up before teachers and students get their hands on them. This being the case, has anyone modified their DEPNotify splash screen to be funny...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf AD CS Connector

I've installed the connector according to Jamf documentation on a server running Windows server 2016 and different one running 2022. I have found multiple posts on the Jamf forum regarding setting up a service account as the identity on the ADCSproxy...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and Location Data

We're trying to populate user and location data on our iPad devices - But it doesn't seem to work.We have Azure setup as our Cloud Identity Provider. The test function confirms the lookups & mappings are working properly. We have an Enrolment customi...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploy google drive

I am new to Jamf. I want to deploy google drive for all users and laptops. can you tell me how can I install it on both M1 and intel one? also is it possible to configure google drive to get backup of specific folders by Jamf  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to make a cert trust through JAMF

Is there any way is there to make a cert set as Always Trust in system keychain through JAMF? I have few devices where Zscaler cert is not set as Always Trust when the device got the certificate from Zscaler.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pending policy for a mac

Is there any way is there in JAMF , so that we can see for a mac if any JAMF policy is pending to be executed on it? Like as we can see in case of configuration profile.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Too many Safari tabs open on iPad

Hi All,We use iPads with our TK-2nd grade students. We are coming across an issue where they have lots of Safari tabs open. A co-worker found one with over 100 tabs open. Is there a way to have these close after so many days? I know it can be done ma...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Something change with 'Waiting Room' ?

Did something change with either an update in Jamf Pro Cloud or with macOS 12.x regarding the 'Waiting Room' folder?Have a script that worked great until recently.sudo echo "---OUR SITE CODE---" > /Library/Application\ Support/JAMF/Waiting\ Room/com....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf PRO - Splunk installation

The docs for this are lacking a lot. They seem to be written for single instance Splunk which is not the usual. Please provide instruction for installing in a distributed Splunk environment. Where do the add-on get installed? Search Head, Heavy Forwa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Composer built pkg fails Intune deployment

Jamf Composer was used to build a simple packagepackage deposits an .app into /Applications. Tested and verified it works locallyUsed Jamf Composer and a Apple issued cert to sign the pkgUsed the IntuneWrapper to create an .intunemac file for IntuneF...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

google drive and backup

is there any script and setting in Jamf pro that I can configure all endpoints and users for getting automatic backup on their google drive space for specific folders like Documents etc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert Static group to Smart Group

Hi guys, I want to convert a static group eventually a smart group.I currently have two static groups regarding the enabling FireVault.First group - Test Group (Testing the policy, etc etc)Second group - Manually add (less than 10 Mac(s), one by one ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Geo-Location Blocked

I have been using an Extension for IP Geo-Location for the past 2 years with no issues. It was easy to see where the user was located according to the ISP IP address. myIP=`curl -L -s --max-time 10 http://checkip.dyndns.org | egrep -o -m 1 '([[:digit...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Installers - Adobe CC Shared Device Licence

Hi All,Does anyone know if it's possible to deploy the Adobe CC apps via Jamf App Installers (awesome feature, by the way!) and then issue just the Shared Device licence from the Adobe Admin Console to licence them? It sounds logically possible, sinc...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Manage Outlook login option

I've been asked to manage Outlook so that when it is first opened, it only ask for a users exchange credentials and not have the screen to choose Exchange then enter domain etc. We will be connecting our computers to the parent company Zscaler and th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate eaptlstrust

When our users connect to our corporate Wi-Fi, they get prompted for credentials and then this eaptlstrust message appears after. Is there a way to auto accept or make changes to this eaptlstrust certificate trust settings before hand?   View more

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.09.25 PM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

osascript display dialog not appearing self service

Hi all,I've scoured the internet and have had just about zero luck with this. I'm trying to get my script to request user input and it works great. When I load it into jamf self service it runs and then finishes with no error but never prompts the us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

GlobalProtect - stop auto connection

Hey.. Does anyone know how to stop GlobalProtect from autoconnecting to VPN?Our clients authenticate through Google, so each time you boot up, GP is auto connecting and it throws up a big sign-into Google window and it's quite annoying.Maybe a plist ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store apps not installing

Hey folks... Numerous users at our client have pointed out that apps from the Mac app store are either not pushing down and installing automatically, or installing via self service. I've uploaded a new VPP token, tried different apps and got nothing....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors