Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Self Service, progress indicator, and user impatience

Have had multiple instances of users failing to give SS enough time to download and install apps, whether they be from a direct download package or VPP. It seems that the progress indicator is not tied to the actual progress of the installation, so i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi

Hi All,Umbrella Roaming Client installation fails in Pre-stage enrollment stage with following error :Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: This package requires Rosetta 2 to be installed.Please install Rosetta 2 and then try again....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for using sites?

We have had a cloud instance for a while now, and we've only been managing machines in our region, we're taking over the management for another region soon, and would like to use Sites to manage those. Having created a new site, one for ourselves and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to make MS Defender ATP installation fully silent?

Hey everyone - currently I am using this guide to deploy MS Defender on all our macs in our environment:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/mac-jamfpro-policies?view=o365-worldwideNow while this deploys MS Defend...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to exclude machines before enrollment

Hi all,I'm new to Jamf Pro and am struggling to find out how I can exclude a machine before it's enrolled with Jamf. We apply a few profiles and run a few policies on enrollment but I need to replace a few of them with the profiles/policies I am test...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open new Chrome Tab via Files & processes

How to I execute command via Files & processes to open a new Chrome Tab with specific URL ? I do not want to open as a completely new window, but in already existing chrome session where the user is already logged in with a Google account. Manage onl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to find out li logs about deleted policy?

One of the important policies disappeared. I am sure it was there cuz there are still related packages, EAs and smart groups, and script triggering this policy by custom trigger. Is there any way to find out in logs when deleted, by which user, etc? ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help needed - launchdaemon

I would like to create a launchdaemon that launch a script when finder and dock processes are existing. I don´t know if anyone has something similar running they can try and show . the launchdaemon I can create on my own - but how to build in script ...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure allowed when you been complaint in Intune

We want acces our Macbooks in Jamf to get acces to Pulse Secure if you are complaint in Intune. If you are complaint than you will get acces to de resource Pulse Secure.Azure AD needs a (Device id). Without Device ID, you not complaint, and you canno...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update MacOs on UIE macs

Hello all,im sure this has been covered somewhere but does anyone know the definitive way to push out macOs updates to user initiated enrolled devices? Im finding MDM action/commands don’t seem to fritter through and softwareupdate -I -a —verbose -R ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to make Symantec Uninstallation completely silent?

Hey everyone - I'm very much a newbie here but would love some advice - at the moment I am uninstalling Symantec from all our macs and installing Windows Defender. I'm using the command script from here to uninstall Symantec - https://knowledge.broad...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Airplay receiver

Hi all, How can I disable System Prefs -> sharing -> airplay receiver via a script? I don't really know the libraries to the point which would allow me to go and locate them. It auto turns on when the machine comes online  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Simple way to add file to a specific location?

Hey everyone - total beginner here with very little scripting knowledge. I am currently in the middle of trying to remove Symantec from all our macs and have the script file to do it, however I need to install this file to a specific location on each...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove Office 365 completely

I'm trying to remove all Office 365 applications and any file with the word Microsoft in it from all our Macs. I wrote a .sh script and it is installed with Composer. Then a I have a script run that is sudo sh /path to .sh command. The Composer packa...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

log4j remediation (beyond jamf server)

I'm kinda late to the log4j party. How would we address this on the individual machines? Is it a 1 by 1 touch of the affected devices and manually deleting and replacing the files? Is there a script that can run a find/replace with newer patched vers...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

JAMF 10.34.1 hanging at Initializing Change Management

Good morning all. I'm having issues getting JAMF to initialize after an update to 10.34.1 from 10.29. The update installs no problem, but it gets hung up on Initializing Change Management when attempting to complete.I tried a solution found here: htt...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is an app from the App Store or not?

We have lot of Macs that have Xcode installed, but I need to find out if each installation was done via an App Store download or of the users got them directly from developer.apple.com. We are not using VPP at this time, so any App Store downloads wo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.34.2 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we're releasing an update for Jamf Pro that addresses critical security issues CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046. For details on how we’re addressing these vulnerabilities across the Jamf platform, please see this Jamf Nation...  View more

• 49 replies
  • 6 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors