Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Apple TV screen share?

We are about to deploy a few Apple TV's in our new building for digital signage. Does anyone know of a feature, or app that would allow us to see what is being displayed on the Apple TV? Even if it is a screen shot every minute or something? This wou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Space Needed for 10.20.1

I'm about to upgrade from 10.14.0 to 10.20.1, and looking at the release notes, it says I need 150 GB of space. The release notes for upgrading to 10.14.0 said it only needed 400 MB of space. My main drive running the OS has 37 GB free. Does anyone k...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netskope tenant automation

Hey everyone, I recently got passed handling our Netskope deployment. My predecessor claims that with the v71 client, due to us using Azure AD for our IDP we cannot auto populate the tenant information. Basically once the install finishes we get a po...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 2 kudos

users running OneDrive

How do I create a smart computer with all the computers that are running OneDrive (not just having the One Drive app installed)? Thanks.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

On going/back to back to back Zoom and Chrome update

I am concerned about constantly updating Zoom and Chrome, the macOS and "other" apps. According to my math Zoom and Chrome have had 9 updates in about 15 working days. I don't believe any company Apple, Zoom and Google have tested ongoing updated at ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a Non-App to Jamf PPPC

Hey folks, I want to add a Freshservice agent that is deployed through a PKG to several computers to be allowed file access through a Jamf PPPC payload. However, the file itself does not contain an application, and creates mostly a .plist and several...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Python3 failing

Hey guys, We're working on an automatic policy push of Python3 to people in the company. This can happen even once, but needs to happen to all the people. This is the current script: !/bin/bash jamf policy -event PythonTrigger -u $3 [ -f ~/.bash_prof...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Issue after installing Tomcat SSL Cert

Hi all, I'm in the process of installing an SSL Wildcard Cert on our server. I uploaded the cert to Tomcat without issue. I'm able to verify the cert is good. No issue there. I was able to verify that current machines can talk to the JSS, MacOS and i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How Do You Handle App Updates In Self Service?

Right now my method is to have Self Service open to the Updates tab. I have policies just for Updates that call the main policy for each app. Let's say it's an update to Atom. I scope the policy to a smart group called Atom Is Installed and Exclude t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

screensaver script, random login-window prompt

Using the below script to call a custom screen saver works, but with the following glitch and I'm not sure where to troubleshoot. Screensaver is set to launch at 5 minutes of inactivity, which it does. however after 5 minutes of the screensaver runni...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to flag when stolen computers show up?

I've got the serial numbers of a couple machines in our JSS that were stolen, and have since been remote locked and wiped, but once they get re-imaged and are back on the internet (one is in Russia), I have to then manually search for them by serial ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to OSX Mojave | Self service

Hi JamfNation.I am upgrading macOSX to Mojave from Self Service click with 2 consecutive policies,But somehow the os is upgrading to Mojave fine but i am not getting any logs. all the targets are showing as 'pending'.Here are the policy details: ~Pol...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM / Release / Wipe - Remote

Hello! We are K-12 and allow our senior class to purchase their MacBook Air at the end of the year. We are attempting to allow this process with zero touch from our tech staff. Has anyone already mastered removing firmware, ASM, DEP, wipe and restore...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppsAnywhere Integration into JAMF

We are in the midst of an Apple School Manager integration into JAMF. For some odd reason now IT leadership is looking at AppsAnywhere by Software2. Has anyone integrated AppsAnywhere with JAMF?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Security Update

Hi Jamf Nation, Today a security research firm published a report about a potential vulnerability with Apple Mail for iOS. Apple confirmed that the vulnerability is patched in iOS 13.4.5 beta 2 (released April 15, 2020) and will be patched in an upco...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 7 kudos

Find My Mac and Guest User in macOS Catalina

In the past, when Find My Mac was enabled, it automatically enabled the Guest User. It seems like in the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.4, this isn’t the case anymore. As a test, I turned off Find My Mac and turned off the Guest User. I then ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina - Hide iCloud Setup(s)

Good Morning! Is there an updated script to hide the iCloud Setup Wizard when users first login? Here is the version I have been using for Mojave (which works fine until you install any OS updates or upgrade the OS): #!/bin/sh ## # Writing out launch...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2020-002 for Mojave on NetSUS

Is anyone having issues getting the security update 2020-002 for Mojave to detect correctly? I have removed the download cache from the server via shell and forced it to re-download the content by running a sync. I also have verified the product ID f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Keychain Destroyed after AD Password Update

We have reoccurring issues where most users can't successfully update their keychain after their AD password has been updated. You've probably heard this one before, so let me explain a few twists in my circumstances. Our AD passwords are managed by ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable the Mac Login Screen?

Hello,We are working on modifying our "Student Purchase Cleanup" script so that our students will be able to run it from home from Self Service. Generally speaking, it is working well. There is one area we are running into possible issues. As it curr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMTP Server Settings

I am trying to set up our SMTP server so I can send enrollment invitations to some devices that I can't touch. We use Office365, and I had our Infrastructure guys create a service account for Jamf. I cannot perform a successful test of the server no ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Extension attributes don't work on 10.20

EDIT: To anyone wondering, this was a bug in version 10.20 - it has been resolved in 10.21. Hello everyone, Could anyone please let me know if they have the same issue as me? I'm on JamfCloud, currently version 10.20.1-t1584039255, and I've noticed t...  View more

20ef0b1a54db4f238f1172b4cdf41366 8b16679e43004f6ea1b1f9b1250791c5 98d8214252e34760bb2401b46171888e
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors