Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Extracting data from extension attribute cleanup

Hello, Not sure if anybody has seen such issue before, it should be an easy one, but I can't get it accomplished. So I extract data from one of the extension attributes into a variable and pass it to the clipboard. All the data is passed fine, but it...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print jobs owner is casper read service account

I'm having a problem where jobs sent to a printer on a Windows print server show "casperread" as the owner. This happens to be the username for my Casper File Share read only account. If I manually add a printer to a Mac, the owner displays correctly...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Session Recordings

JNUC 2019 was my first Jamf Nation User Conference that I attended and it was amazing. So much information to learn and absorb. I'm still processing. I see that in the past session recordings were available. How long after does it take for these to b...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Local Admin Access

I know you can use Jamf Pro to create a new local user account with or without admin access, but can you use Jamf Pro to modify an already existing local account's permissions?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger a webhook on new device creation

We're trying to find a way to use zapier to update Solarwinds Service Desk (Samange) when we add a new device enrolled into JAMF.Mostly only for iPads.Is that possible? Let me know if I left out some information.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name Resets After Enrollment Completes

I use DEPNotify to set the computer name and asset tag. DEPNotify runs from a policy that is triggered by enrollmentComplete. The computer is named and bound to AD and an update inventory at the end sets the name in JAMF. This is the only policy that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Protection Notifications for Catalina

I'm working on the catalina notification whitelisting for Symantec Endpoint Protection. I went through using the Profile Creator app and created it, and for all the other ones I've done they've greyed out the disabling of the app notification. This o...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple PPPC profiles or one big one?

Title says it all? Do you all make a giant PPPC profile for all your company apps and services or do you make 1 for each? I am always leery of having too make Profiles? is there a downside to having a ton?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud in Self Service (Fall 2019)

We used to be able to install Adobe Creative Cloud on student Macbooks and then they could update it or install any app they wanted without it asking for the admin password. It seems like the most recent versions of Adobe CC now require admin rights ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Skype For Business Auto Update

With the latest update of Skype for Business (16.28.130) which is targeted for macOs Catalina users is preventing users on Mojave from sharing they screen while on callsIs there a way by which we can stop Skype for business from auto-updating .  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facetime on Ipads

I have some teachers that want to use Facetime with their managed Ipads. I have it turned on the teacher devices under Profiles, but it is still asking for an Apple ID but that is greyed out. I don't know where to go do go to open this up, can you pl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate fetch latest installing old OS

Hi all, I have set up a script to take advantage of the new softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer command. If you're not aware this will download the latest macOS installer into the applications folder. It will then run a startosinstaller command to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployment FireEye

Hello all,I would like to deploy FireEye Agent using Jamf on all of our Mac.We have a FireEye.DMG that integrates a .json and the .pkg file. Do you know how can i integrate the .json in the deployment? Should i repack the .pkg and integrate the .json...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Find My Mac/Activation Lockon Catalina

Hi folks, We are currently looking to release Catalina into our prod environment, and I've been looking into Find My Mac. We have Prey so have no real business reason to keep Find My Mac turned on, but if it was possible to keep it turned on without ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Prestage enrolment doesn't run any policies

So we have DEP set up and machines build as they should we get all the correct screens and the accounts all get created but all policies just sit at pending or they run but don't do what they should do. For example we are trying to get JAMF Login to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

shared Uber or Lyft to the Wild/Coyotes game

Just starting a discussion for the purpose of meeting up and doing shared Uber or Lyft rides to the game instead of us all individually taking Uber/Lyft or the Green Line to the game. If anyone is interested, we could meet up in the lobby at JNUC to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group December 2019 Meeting

Come join us on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:30 to 6:30 PM at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 It's that time of year again. Apple has released their new OSes and Jamf has just concluded another packed Jamf Nation U...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors