Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

ASM Apple ID's

I am just now starting to deploy mobile devices so forgive me for any lack of basic knowledge. I am assigning users in my domain a Managed Apple ID so we can manage and regulate purchases and such. But my users have reported not being able to use the...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone Content Transfer Recommendations

We currently don't allow end users to use iCloud. When a user gets a new phone, we use verizon content transfer to transfer the users info to the new phone. It hasn't been working great lately. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

The MUT cannot authenticate to server

I am hoping @mlev or any fellow MUT users will see this! I have been using MUT for years but just recently I am getting a fatal error when trying to authenticate to our on-prem JSS that says the server with the specified hostname cannot be found. Our...  View more

96063abc24d1421889db6728796285e1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads can't find Time Zone by location

I've seen a lot of older discussion about Time Zones not being found but don't see anything recent and no solutions that have solved the problem for me. I have over 300 iPads or varying models/IOS versions. They used to find the time zone with no iss...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic User Logout

Hello, We've recently been getting reports of users not being automatically logged out after the timeout set using the built-in jamf config profile settings. It seems like its not working at all, we've confirmed that theres no conflicting profiles th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing packages using command line

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out the "sudo jamf install -package" command and I'm having trouble figuring out the syntax. This command can be used for installing packages on the jamf server, not only on the local machine, correct?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf on Catalina - Throws Prompt to allow

Hello Fellow Mac Admins, I'm doing some testing with Catalina before we deploy it to our environment. We are not yet Using DEP so we have to manually enroll devices at the moment. I used Recon to build a enrollment.pkg file that we can run. I have be...  View more

2833ea0c6592410ca6df434d30746a78
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

PPPC - Trend Micro / Apex One Security Agent

The recent agent update from Trend Micro requires full disk access. We have a Configuration Profile for accepting the kernel extension and that has worked great until now. The new update for Catalina compatibility requires a new item be given full di...  View more

9cb5936c6103478594a9c74530060391
  • 23 replies
  • 2 kudos

custom event 'once per computer' changes by JAMF

I have a custom event that installs a printer driver, and it works great. Previously i set the 'executable frequency' to 'once per computer'. So any additional printers would not need to re-install the same driver over and over. Now, after JAMF versi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erase and Install macOS Catalina 10.15

Based on a JAMF webinar I want to create a self serv item that would format the drive on a Mac and install Catalina. I have created a policy that deploys Install macOS Catalina.app to /Applicationsand a second policy that executes the command '/Appli...  View more

5d0d57ebbf70484b9e0435d2644f4e30 006910aee28e42baa190db638b58f67f
  • 27 replies
  • 2 kudos

Disable DNS over HTTPS in Firefox

I was looking everywhere for this info so hopefully this will help some of you too: With the new v70 of Firefox, DNS over HTTPS is turned on by default. Our Network and InfoSec dept do NOT like that and asked us to disable and block this. After some ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Outlook crashes post-wipe

Hi everyone, pretty lost on this one. We have a machine that keeps crashing when opening Outlook (and some other apps) with the error exc_bad_access. Here's what I've done. -Uninstalled Outlook-Cleared plist-Tried another version of Outlook-Completed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Watch to Unlock

I've recently started in a new K-12 ISD and my CIO would like to use the unlock feature for his Mac. The previous Admin has this feature blocked. Where can I add in an exception to allow this for a few users?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airplane Mode

Anyone else notice that Bluetooth seems to be staying on when locked and toggling Airplane mode on iOS 13? I've tested it on iOS 13.1.3 and 13.2, Apple School manager seems to be connecting as it should.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Guides

Is it possible that a help guide can be put on self service that a user can view only on self service only (I know you can add a link to bookmarks). The issue I am facing is that we want new starters and existing staff members to be able to look at t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPCP for Input Monitoring - Cisco Jabber

Hi all, I have an issue with Cisco Jabber after I have upgraded to 10.15.x. I cannot use the Phone function because it is locked with admin password. Is there a possibility manage "Input Monitoring" with an PPPC Profile? brPawel  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom Login Image - macOS Catalina

In our computer labs, we always set a custom image to be displayed as the background of the login screen. From what I understand with Catalina, that folder is now located in the Read-Only partition. I have found several solutions online describing wo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD 1.2.0? What's new?

I just discovered that NoMAD 1.2.0 is available, but I can't find any information about what is new or what has changed. Can someone point me in the right direction for a changelog for version 1.2.0?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault and macOS Mojave 10.14.6 - 18Ga1012

Hi, I have two laptops that try to update to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 - 18Ga1012.Both after the restart, they don't accept any of the user's password and do not accept the recovery key I try to boot from Internet Recovery and when I try to mount Macintos...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors