Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Restricted Software - false positives

Got a question around Restricted Software and false positives. So long story short I am restricting the ‘Install macOS Catalina’ and ‘osinstallersetupd’ but only to a smart group that does not have a specific version of our AV client installed. We ki...  View more

b7b694d65ed14513a0a4573aee69806e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Get User Input with Script

I've been banging my head against this issue of trying to get User Input when running a script in Self Service for machines with Mac OS 10.14. The script below shows a working proof of concept. You do get prompted to allow Jamf to access Finder. That...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Configuration Profiles without Losing Wifi

Is there a way to remove a configuration profile that has a wifi configuration without forcibly removing the device from that network? We're a school district, and each teacher has a MacBook Air, so they're all over the place, making physical access ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

PCCC and Screen Recording

Im banging my head trying to find out how to get the PCCC profile setup to accept Screen Recording and Input Monitoring for DisplayLink docks to work in Catalina. Has anyone crossed this bridge?  View more

1d64938d4c49469582fd72df9b079144
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually removing MDM profiles

Hi guys, I have an issue which was addressed back in 2014, but I'm hopeful a method has emerged to change this problem in the last 5 years. I have students at my school that have wised up and realised that by deleting their MDM profile in settings gi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Catalina Prompting for FULL DISK ACCESS

Hi Guys Got an issue where Sophos is prompting for full disk access, we have created a profile and pushed it out to myself as a test user but I still get this pesky end result pop up. See attached screenshots of a profile created based on KB from Sop...  View more

ccd58b80a3bd424787bcefd796bb244a 5dd6340b46544b50ad4542b96159a9ed
  • 37 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro instance production readiness

Hi!Are there phases from the beginning of getting our Jamf Pro cloud instance, to the Go-Live readiness process that you can share. We would like to check that all phases of getting Jamf Pro to a go-live readiness have been taken. I know every Univer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS net boot giving no entry stop sign at boot

hi trying to deploy Netsus for our old devices because they are not in the DEP... until we roll out those computers (2-3 years) we keep using netboot with imaging... the netboot we made works on few computers, but looks like not on more recent iMac. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of SCEP certificates off client machines

We have mac network clients who for some reason have more than one SCEP certificate version installed in their keychains after we pushed a SCEP package update out to them. The original cert is now invalid and we think it is causing authentication iss...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina first run script

Does anyone know how to get rid of all those prompts a user receives when logging in to Catalina for the first time, for all current and future logins? (the 4 prompts below)(sign in with your Apple ID?screen time?enable siri?choose your look?) I wond...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maple 2019

I'm attempting to create a self-service package for Maple 2019 using the unattended install instructions documented at https://www.maplesoft.com/support/install/maple2018_install.html . I've attempted creating a pkg using the before/after snapshot wi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How often should I reinstall Jamf?

I'm seeing a few dozen computers in our lot of ~250, where JAMF is breaking (won't CheckIn/Inventory, lots of Pending policies due to computers not talking to JAMF). I've looked at SelfHeal solutions, but most have become obsolete. Is it common for J...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add apps to groups of ipads

Does anyone know how to add apps to groups of ipads? I have several groups representing grades ( I work in a school district) for ipads. If I have 7 ipads per grade and I want specific apps for those 7 ipads, how do I set it up in jamf pro?Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting the FileVault Institutional Key

Due to changes in the philosophy of our security team, we'd like the delete the institutional keys off of our Macs. I have read Rich Trouton's extensive blog posts on this topic, and it appears it can be automated somewhat using a .plist file pre-pop...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

TestNav

Is anyone else having trouble with TestNav? I had no issues until this fall. I got my dmg from Pearson, used Composer and PPPC Utility to make a configuration profile. Here's what my logs show: trust evaluation failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDoma...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall AVG

I have a problem. I need to remove AVG for Mac from 142 computers so we can replace it with ESET. Is there a way to do this through JAMF? Thank you.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kill All appname script completes but exit code 1

I'm working on a script which will update the (Google) Backup and Sync App to the current version. I have few scripts as part of the policy:"Quit Backup and Sync" - priority Before"Install Google Backup and Sync" - priority After"Open Backup and Sync...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Login Items

Our company has recently decided to move away from Skype for Business and start using Microsoft Teams. Part of this process is to remove Skype from the login items about a month before uninstalling. I have attempted some scripts that I have found and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sonicwall Mobile Connect Profile

So I have multiple issues.First I need to remove existing Sonicwall apps from client machines and replace them with App Store provisioned via JAMF, and I need to do this without interrupting staff access to the VPN. Next, we changed our VPN IP Addres...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.17.0 Beta 1 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! We've got a beta here full of features, bug fixes, and improvements we think you're going to love! You can now use Markdown in your Enrollment Customization, and we want to see all of the creative ways you utilize this feature in you...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

FIlter or Block Apple TV ads in classrooms

After the new update many teachers are complaining that when they disconnect from Apple TV via Airplay they are getting the ads for shows/movies . These are in the banner of Apple TV menu, they find them distracting and trying to find a quick way to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Smart Notebook renewal w/ composer

Hello, I need to renewal our Smart notebook license. We have used composer to have it available in Self-service. How can I renewal the license using composer / Jamf / self-service, please? Thank you for your help in advance. cmonteiro  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM and Iphone 11

Hi Community. I'm a newbie to MDM. I have a few important questions that I need answers to regarding apps. Can my employer log into my personal apps after I download JAMF on my iPhone? Can they see when app was last opened? I just don't know what the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Security Connector App config

Anyone successfully get Cisco Security Connector App configured for iPad to use both AMP and Umbrella?? I get the App installed and the Umbrella portion of the config to install and connect but not the AMP portion. Followed the "Jamf" config instruct...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors