Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Best practices for DFS Shares in 10.14/15

We're getting ready to migrate our pure SMB windows shares to NetApp shares behind DFS. There seems to have been a lot of evolution to this formula over the past several years, so I'm wondering about the current best practices for this setup. What so...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

keyboard layout smart group

Hello, I would need a script for an attribute extension which I would use to trace what type of keyboard is used on computers and to create smart groups.Do you have any ideas ? Thank you.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers disappearing macOS 10.14.6

Over the past few months, I've had a few users in my organization experience a problem with their printers disappearing. All of our printers are network printers with static IPs. For some reason, the few users attempt to print and find out there are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMad not logging in from drop down

Hello all,I've gone through a few articles on this and can't seem to get past a problem I'm seeing. This thread was helpful.https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/31179/nomad-install However, the issue I'm seeing is I am unable to login from th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Endgame sensor Full Disk access

Hey all, Has anyone been able to successfully rollout Endgame with to new MacBooks running Catalina? We use no-touch provisioning, and this is currently the only issue I have to fix manually. I have a policy set to grant full disk access to Endgame's...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Invalid Apple TV Profile

I have a case opened with support but hopeful maybe someone else has an idea for this. We have a few Apple TV 4k's we are trying to enroll in jamf. I was able to get it to show in AC2 and I prepared and wiped the device and it showed up in our DEP. T...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 10.18.0 and larger packages

No problems with the smaller stuff but seems to stop during snapshot comparisons with larger stuff like MATLAB and R with all the modules (11G+). Stops in different places. Composer 10.11.1 works fine.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Bookmarks FireFox

I have recently Deployed Managed Bookmarks to Google Chrome using a plist and configuration profile with custom payload. Posted here, which worked a treat - https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/25882/deploying-managed-bookmarks-to-google-chro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf taking over HD Encryption

Hi, We are currently using Dell Data Protection (DDP) on our Macs to encrypt the drive and store the FileVault keys. We are looking to have Jamf take over encryption and storing the FileVault keys. For new Macs everything is working flawlessly, FileV...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Volume and USB Office 2019 Read Only

Hi all, I have a user that when he tries to open office documents on a network volume or usb they only open in ‘read-only’. If he copies the file to his desktop and opens it everything is fine. He is on macOS 10.15.2 with the latest version of Office...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf/Intune Question

Hi, We have configured everything in Jamf and Intune and things seem to work ok. I have one question though - when a user initiates enrolment via Self Service, they complete the Company Portal sign in ok and then they are asked to authenticate again ...  View more

b7821a16eb3742bb96747a13b2fabd95
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow for migrating DEP macs to new MDM

Hi All, I'm curious if anyone has a good workflow for moving DEP enrolled Macs to a new MDM. Because you have to wipe the machine, I'm looking for some way to easily backup users, reimage, enroll, then restore users back (basically a mac equivalent o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Find Duplicate Computer Records with Splunk

It pays to stay at JNUC until the very end. The last session at JNUC 2019 gave me the inspiration to finally solve the issue of finding duplicate computer serial numbers using Splunk. This is extremely helpful in finding computer records after a comp...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Deploying applications PKG

I have followed the admin guide attempting to deploy an application as a PKG I created in Jamf Pro. After creating the policy it remains in a pending state. Our macs are all user initiated enrollment but I was under the impression this could still be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backblaze Private Key Setup

Hi! We're deploying Backblaze to our users so they can be backed up. They gave me a line to go in a script to set the private key for the users automatically. What's the best way to get this working? The part they gave me was, "/Library/Backblaze.bzp...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ForeScout API Integration Feedback?

Does anyone have any experience with ForeScout's API Integration with Jamf? Our network recently purchased licensing for it, but I have no idea about what to expect. We have used the FS SSH keys+service account, and currently use the SecureConnector....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Homepage for Chorme and Firefox in Jamf

Hello, I have been given a task to set all users homepages to our company website through all browsers. Most of my users use Chrome and Firefox for the Internet. I tried to create a package of a new Firefox dmg with homepage enabled but it failed. I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina - AppleID, Screen Time and Side Car Grayed Out

Hello,Upgraded from Mojave to Catalina and AppleID, Screen Time and SideCar are grayed out. I ran- python -c "from Foundation import CFPreferencesCopyAppValue; print CFPreferencesCopyAppValue('DisabledPreferencePanes', 'com.apple.systempreferences')"...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Private Data in Unified Logs (how-to guide)

Hi All! I finally figured out how to enable (show) private data in Unified Logs in 10.15.3+ now that cmdReporter's private API tricks have been disabled and thought I should share. You can load this config profile locally with no issue, but this conf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Give secure token to logged in user

Hey everyone!I want to roll out FileVault to all my users, however since they are AD users most of them do not have a secure token. One saving grace is all of our computers do have an account that does have a secure token called ITsystem. Is there a ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide Mojave Jan 2020 Security Update

Hi, I am attempting to temporarily hide the latest Mojave Security Update. Previously I have been able to do this with the following in Terminal:sudo softwareupdate --ignore "Security Update 2019-001" However I am attempting to replace the 2019 with ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors