Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Remote Jamf wipe without wiping recovery?

I started using the remote wipe as our audit team likes a paper trail for wipes but I noticed that using a remote wipe also wipes the recovery partition which means I need to either do a internet recovery or usb recovery. Both much slower than recove...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.15.1 FAQ

Hi Jamf Nation, We recently became aware of a security vulnerability that impacts versions of Jamf Pro 9.4 and later. To mitigate the issue, we are making Jamf Pro 10.15.1 available today. This vulnerability does not pose a risk to private data or ma...  View more

• 70 replies
  • 3 kudos

Can't get data from API

Hi All, Can anyone help with an API issue? So i run curl -verbose -sku USERNAME:PASSWORD -H "accept: text/xml" https://my.jamfcloud.com:443/##/JSSResource/users -o ~/Desktop/test2.txt but the text file is empty. Even without the text file I get no re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent macOS upgrade from command line tools

Part of our monthly software update process, we have the mac's check Apple for any software updates. I use a script that I put together and part of that script runs the command: jamf runSoftwareUpdate -fromApple I know we can use Restricted Software ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested group membership not updated until reboot

Hi folks, I was wondering if this is known/expected behaviour... The Mac local Admin group has an AD group added to it (used the following code). dseditgroup -o edit -a "mydomainmygroup" -t group admin I add a new user to the AD group - the user cann...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi certificate and deployment help.

At my location, we have a secure network that requires a certificate installed on our MacBooks in order to access it. The certificate lasts one year, but with the way things are set up currently, a user has to bring their laptop to us in the IT offic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Too many App notification permissions on Catalina

On Catalina, every app is asking if you would like to allow or deny notifications and it gets annoying especially after you first upgraded to Catalina. My question is, is there a way to whitelist or force allow the notification from a config profile ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Catalina System Preferences - Disable Apple ID Preference

Hello, Maybe I am not doing the right search but I am looking to Disable "Sign in to your Apple ID" for Catalina on a test computer. I added to the restriction list in the configuration profile but I can still access it. Has anyone else run into this...  View more

0d78462ace2c44c9a1717aabceda27ea
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Google Chrome User Data Reset

Does anyone have a script that they use to reset Google Chrome user data? I found something similar for Safari at:https://github.com/palantir/jamf-pro-scripts/blob/master/scripts/Reset%20Safari.sh But couldn't find anything similar for Google Chrome....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding spoolss printers through Terminal

My campus has about 700 printers spread between 20 buildings. In an effort to make the network more secure, printers have been moved to their own 10.x.x.x subnets, but this requires printers to be added via Spoolss on Macs. Given the complexity of th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Use of Proxies?

Currently we are having a lot of issues with users using proxies to browse to sites that are not approved. I am curious as I am still new to managing jamf if there is a way within jamf to disallow the use of proxies? Much like I can do with a GPO? Ju...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut printer drivers

We just started using Papercut for our printers. At this same time, we purchased all new HP printers. I used the Papercut article for mapping the printers to our iMacs https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/UseJamfProToDeployPrintersOnManagedMacOSDevicesTh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Apps

We are working on restricting apps for users whose computers are non-compliant in our company. I tried restricting multiple apps using multiple asterisks (.app) but ended up force logging out of the computer with no popup message once the user logged...  View more

d180fa96a936432cbe2661cd78c24d57
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Konica User Authentication Scripting

I have a script that I have set up that installs a specific Konica copier for our faculty and sets the proper page handling settings for them. The problem that I am running into is that many of these faculty need to authenticate in order to print. I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf cost money, Intunes is 'free'

I would like to know what Jamf will do to fight their "friend" microsoft, which is going around school boards advertising a free mdm. I know of 2 major school boards in my city that have either dropped Jamf, or refused to use Jamf, because InTune is ...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDMClientError:72

Why do we encounter the "VPP redownload call timed out " error on all Mac Appstore apps? I read that it is not an Apple issue, but a Jamf issue?Will it try agan later?Can i run a command or push a script to re-try? Maybe some document of Jamf that ca...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS and iPadOS Bundle Identifiers

I couldn't find record of the new bundle identifiers posted anywhere so I thought I'd share my findings for anyone who may need these for hiding some of the new built-in apps via the "Do Not Allow Some Apps" restriction or with the "Home Screen Layou...  View more

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 11.10.20 AM.png
  • 17 replies
  • 36 kudos

Safari issue since update?

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone else has seen issues with Safari not opening since the recent update? We've had a few MBPs that won't open Safari at all in the last two days. I've come in this morning and we have two more. Tried restarting and chec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads "Cleaning" disrupting class

We are new to Jamf this school year and so there are many things we are not aware of through lack of experience. I received the following email from a teacher: *"I have had several students who show their iPads to be “cleaning” during class. Then, al...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat and activation

Hello Everyone, We have been using Adobe's RUM (Remote Update Manager) successfully to update the 2019 Adobe Creative Cloud. There is one exception though, this is Acrobat. Apparently, until Acrobat is launched on a computer and activated by a user, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom iOS Plist

Just in case anyone needs this info:https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022302612-Using-MDM-to-Configure-Zoom-on-iOS The Intune xml worked for me in Jamf.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Device Connection

iPads are not connecting to JAMF. Cannot get to the remote connection screen. Tried on used and brand new iPads they are just not connecting. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors