Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wireless Network Payload and Local Items Keychain

Hey Everyone! I figured I would post this on here since you all have been a wealth of knowledge in the Mac management universe. I have an "issue" with deploying a standard wireless Network Payload for a PSK/password style network SSID. Everything I h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Software

Hi All, Just got Jamf and have a test Mac enrolled. When scoping a software install, should I set the policy to ongoing and just scope to the smart group of computers that doesn’t have the software? My concern about putting all computers and going on...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ComputerName changes when ethernet adapter change !?

Hello everybody, I have a question about a problem I've had for a while and maybe you can help me. When we enroll MacBook Pro with Jamf, everything goes well.We use policies to rename the computer, bind to AD, install applications, ...No problem... A...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple ASM/VPP same JAMF Site

In my jurisdiction we are moving schools to a single, "enterprise" JAMF cloud instance.This includes an enterprise instance of Apple School Manager with each school getting their own VPP token linked to their site in JAMF. Some schools already have a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Effectively bricked some iPads

Hi JN! I'll make it short 'n sweet - Applied a configuration to some devices that had the following unchecked1. Allow USB restricted mode (iOS 11.3 or later, supervised only)2. Allow connection to unmanaged Wi-Fi networks (supervised only) There was ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Version 10.0.0 Not Compatible with iOS 12.1

Hi All, I'm trying to JAMF some devices that are running on iOS 12.1, though due to my companies version of JAMF (10.0.0), it is not working correctly. Is there a version of JAMF that I can move to that: A) Wont require an update of our database and;...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Host Name Change

Hello I'm trying to modify a script I had for renaming computersThis is my current setup :I want to pull the current system name as the default answer. (system info)'s Computer name. This uses to work but not with this setup script. Reason I want thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple MDM question..

i am not sure if i can ask for help for apple MDM question. i have pushed apple mdm configuration to users with removable devices disabled and somehow profile on system preferences is greyed out so i cannot remove installed configuration.. any tips o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking in on internal network

is there a way to perform a search that would tell me the last time a device has checked in on our internal network? I can get the devices that the last time they checked in was not on our network, but that does not tell me when the last time they di...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Softwareupdate -L - no updates found

Just wondering if any has a trick to get a mac finding the software updates that is available. Have a 10.14.2 and when trying to softwareupdate -l no updates are available which is not true, as 10.14.3 is there I have tried various restarts etc, but ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Micro Apex One license update

Hi. I have Trend Micro Apex One deploy and installed from package created with Composer. Everything work fine. Now the Apex One clients say that license has expired. I got the new license code from the company's Trend guys. The original package didn'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment flow - help

When users enroll their mac manually I have made a enrollment flow, that installs necessary software - by using triggers, so taking each software at a time and then calls the next trigger and software installationOne of the software is Office 365 tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS - Startup time

Hi, Our current Macs are AD bound. I would like to hear if some of you have measured, how long the startup time is? from turning on the Mac to logged in as the user?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assertion failed in mdmclient

Just started to see this as a popup window today and was curious if this is a Jamf error on a Macbook client. Assertion failed in mdmclient [5372] Object is wrong type. Expected: NSNumber Got: __NSCFString From: ( 0 mdmclient 0x000000010982ae89 mdmcl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro - Scripting

Hi, I come from a company that have a small group of MAC users. We are using Jamf Pro to administrate these Macs.When it comes to scripting, I'm completely new, no experience at all. So my question is, which script "language" do you recommend me to l...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP in Self Service...does it blend?

How many of you put VPP apps into Self Service? Those of you who do, care to share your experiences, good or bad? When APNS bogs down does VPP in Self Service negatively affect your users, do you have to talk them off the ledge? Do users complain whe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Issues with Cisco Meraki

Hello Fellow Admins, Recently our campus had an issue that was preventing all iOS devices from updating to the latest operating which at the time of this post was 12.1.3. You would receive the following errors. Updating via JAMF CommandWhen you deplo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Google Secure LDAP on MacOS devices

I've been trying to figure out a way to utilize this new service across our mac devices that still require LDAP user authentication. Has anyone else successfully got this to work?Right off the bat I cannot figure a simple solution of injecting the ce...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

NoLoAD - Not working based on instructions

https://gitlab.com/orchardandgrove-oss/NoMADLogin-AD/wikis/home Based on these instructions, it is not seeing our AD Network connection is populated with the various DNS entries required or suggested by our network admins. I try logging in and it jus...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Download App Notability

Error: could not be downloaded at this time. I am getting a great deal of help form support but wondering if anyone else has the same experience? Then it goes to "you must purchase this in the app store". We have already done a purchase. We have chec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Script to Disable FileVault

Just wanted to share this. I've had some specific use case scenarios where people have enabled FileVault outside of Jamf, and it's necessary to decrypt the machine and then perform encryption over again to get the recovery key escrowed in Jamf proper...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Scripts Set to Run "After" Disk Encryption Run during

I have A Policy to Encrypt Disks using my Disk Encryption Configuration. In my policy I have a Script set to run "After" which runs a recon and then triggers another policy to run. However I find that the script runs sort of Before, and its causing i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest Use Login Picture

Are there any Policies or Config Profiles that will allow me to set the login window pictures for Guest, Other, Root, etc? If not, is this doable via script?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow end-user to input file/folder path as variable

Hi all,I'm trying to allow end-users to modify permissions on shared storage because group posix permissions are changing to read-only when they are copying/moving files/folder (preventing write permissions for the group). I'm trying to create a work...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors