Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Report only devices with VPP app

I have a paid VPP that that I purchased 166 licenses for and deployed via Jamf using device-based VPP licensing. My scope is "all users" but limited to an LDAP user group. This allowed us to control the app deployment through active directory, but it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment - Error 502

Hi All, A bit out of ideas here, but we are since yesterday running into an issue, that during MDM configuration at Setup Assitant, we receive a 502 error stating the MDM server gave an unexpected error. It happened once the other day, now it's 9/10 ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permission - share data(airdrop) for collaboration in iOS

When we share links or share data for collaboration(Using airdrop), we're in a very uncomfortable situation because of a message of permission. include capture iPad Screen. *The file "Presentaion.key" couldn't be opened because you don't have permiss...  View more

64a9bd81d0d94b3480bf7003a8145f04
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - shows wrong apps?

We have been using Apple Classroom from the beginning and have been happy with it up to now. But starting this year, more and more students who get caught deny having used other apps tooth and nail... This happens more and more - and normally I would...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

NoMAD "password does not expire"

I have been instructed by our InfoSec team that I need to configure NoMAD to communicate via SSL. I found the LDAPOverSSL key on the NoMAD site and set it to true, then added it to the existing Config Profile that I've been using. ADDomain compan...  View more

260cb86ee1674bbd8ea4f537f2fc962d
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to get rid of legacy 32 bit version

In system rapport and software and legacy software I have on entry that I cannot get rid of I have tried to uninstall the package through Jamf, but even after restart it is still listed there even the file does not exist in the folder Any trick how t...  View more

dcf5dd60f98a4ef5b67d32336cef1330
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for installing DMG/PKG/ZIP Via Curl

Hi folks, I'm looking for a script to install DMG/PKG/ZIP via curl with the URL, App name etc as variables. Does anyone have anything like this? Or a working script for one of the file formats above I can get started with? ThanksDavid.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

user-initiated enrollment issue

Hello Everyone, Currently we have the url setup as https://company.jamfcloud.com/enroll for user initiated enrollment.But in the future we only want enrollment to be done by sending a enrollment e-mail to the users.If i disable user-initiated enrollm...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps and books question.

Hello, we're currently using vpp.itunes.apple.com and I'm aware that this would end December 1, 2019. I'm just preparing all the pieces to migrate to Apps and Books in ASM. Deployment of apps, will it be different? What we're doing now is, buyer will...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS updates only through WiFi/Ethernet

We have Macbooks Air on the field that has the possibility to connect through UMTS Usb sticks but we don't want users to download MacOS updates through the cellular. Does anyone know how to avoid this and let the Macbooks download the update only whe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf 10.12.0 - Inventory Preload doesn´t work

Hey guys, we are running a jamf multi context environment.Our production contexts are on 10.10.1 and inventory preload works great.Yesterday we upgraded our test context to 10.12.0 and inventory preload doesn´t work.Error message is "file extension n...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS IKEv2 VPN - Machine Auth & EAP Auth Issues

I'm in the implementation/testing stage for iOS device deployment at my org, and one of the requirements is to setup a VPN profile. Our VPN is IKEv2 protocol with Machine authentication as well as EAP Authentication using username/password. The issue...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic MacOS Updates

I'm not sure why I'm struggling with this one as I"m sure it's easy but With Jamf Pro does anyone know how to enforce automatic OS updates? Mostly just want to make sure all my macs are getting security updates but I'm not seeing it anywhere.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Key Reissue on known acct.

Problem: Our mac fleet was encrypted outside of JSS. We are now moving over to managing the Filevault 2 keys in JSS. We have a standard admin account on all the macs that was used to set up the FIleVault. Would there be any foreseeable issue with usi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM / Prestage / Releasing Device

I am utilizing DEP - one catch all prestage (for now, changing that this summer) - and I manage all the supervised devices by smart groups.Full disclosure - high school setting and I deploy iPad's by grade level - at the end of the 4 year term studen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling FileVaut on 1st log in...

I have done some random testing and can't find the right Config profile keys .... anybody have FV enabled on 1st login and able to share their workflow/Config profile keys? Our current workflow is standard DEP enrollment, install apps and run config ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adopting App Store Apps

We are rolling out new laptops with Mojave 10.14, they come packaged with iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, etc. But when the user logs into the App Store with their apple id, and click the adopt apps button, it gives them an error and to try again at a lat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report of Mail - Configured

hello Jamf Nation, hope you all are doing great. We have the following issue, we have more that 600 iPad on our campus, some how an IT user configure a lot of them through apple configurator (yes, we dont have DEP in South America Yet). by mistake a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.13 Beta 2 in now available

How to Join the Beta:If you would like to participate in the Jamf Pro beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Release Notes for a complete listing of what is included in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

get Activation Lock Bypass Code by script / API

Hello,I have few iPad who get lock by activation lock, I would like to grab the code from command line ...I found that site https://github.com/dnikles/removeActivationLock who explain how to do ... but the Phyton part is not working when you have the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security & Privacy Payload

Hi All, I have set up in Security & Privacy and Privacy tab to not 'Allow sending diagnostic and usage data to Apple, and sharing crash data and statistics with app developers.' What I have found is that if the settings was already checked on, it onl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete computer from JSS through Self Service

I have created a policy in Self Service that will erase and reinstall Mojave. This policy is scoped to all computers with limitations LDAP Group (admins), so when we log into Self Service on the computers, the policy is available for us.However, how ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multipul "printer status" messages

Hey everyone! i'm having an odd issue that's been creeping up. We use a windows print server for our Macs because we use PaperCut. We will get multiple "printer status" messages in the queu and eventually one of them will error out causing jobs to ba...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.5 Not Allowed?

Hello mates, New to JAMFPro, just was wondering, I'm getting a "Your Mac is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator - macOS Mojave 10.14.4" message in Software Update, But I can't see any policies or config profiles that woul...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Self Service branded icon location

Can anyone tell me the location of the Self Service company branded icon.This is not the Jamf icon found in Applications/Self Service.app/Resources/AppIcon.icns I am after the branded icon that you upload into the Branding section of Self Service in ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors