Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Automatically trusting certificates WITHOUT prompts?

Hello all, At my workplace we have changed out wifi authentication, it now requires a certificate before allowing someone to connect, this has broken my login screen wifi profile, that now no longer provides wifi connection at the login screen for au...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf position in the Bay Area

Hello, We just opened up a position and are looking for a full time Jamf integrator. Ideally someone who is at least Jamf 300 certified, or could obtain the 300 quickly. The position is located in San Mateo, Ca. Please send me a message and resume if...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Certified Associate Exam - Now Available Online

Hello Jamf Nation,I’m happy to announce that the Jamf Certified Associate exam is now available online. This exam is based on the Jamf 100 Course. Along with the launch of the exam we’ve implemented a new system for online content as well as a new us...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 7 kudos

Apps staying grayed out

Hello all, Im am currently 18 days into a support ticket that doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and I was wondering if anyone has come across (and conquered) this same issue? All of the iPad apps district wide are grayed out. They show up on the de...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 1 kudos

Maintain mobile app categories closed

Does anyone know of a way to force Jamf Pro to keep the mobile app categories list "minimized" or closed? When I go back to the list after opening an app to adjust properties/scope, every category list reopens, even if I have previously closed it. Th...  View more

476548c7a2f44b438117a1e00201c69b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Installs from SS

Hey Team, Running into a strange issue. For some reason I'm able to scope our VPP assignments to machines. But from the Self Service -- when you run the install it just stalls. When you run the install again, it fails. Once I restart the machine and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending an email via script

This is something i've never tried to do before so i'm not quite sure of the process. I want to run a script and have it send an email at the end letting me know that it completed (repo_sync results from reposado). I've seen some mention of sendmail,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing Cert Requests

I am hoping someone has come across the same scenario or can point me in the right direction. We are using SCEP to manage and deploy device certs to our Mac clients. That process is working great; however, we have a need to customize how the MAC addr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Recovery Redirection

If the Mac Filevault is already been enabled by a third party application for example: McAfee. Is it possible to redirect the recovery key on JAMF using the FileVault Recovery Key Redirection policy?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared ipads failed logins

my district just recent rolled out a 2 to 1 iPad program, and with every technology change there are teething issues but my latest headache is with user logins. it seems random but when students go to log in, the iPad will take the password spin for ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Trouble with Screen Saver Config profile

I'm trying to create a Configuration Profile to change the screensaver from Flurry to Classic slide show. I have an option set in the Login Window to use the /System/Library/Screen Savers/Classic.saver for the Screen Saver module, but it doesn't seem...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a Wireless Profile using a script

We have a Wireless Profile in the Enterprise which i need to automate to push it out to all the systems in the environment.I already have a script which after installing the .config profile, installs the certs and grant it 'Trust Access' in the key c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Security Question] New DEP Device to be Enrolled

Anyone could help me on how Jamf PRO server recognize if the new DEP device trying to communicate to it is legit? From what I've checked, when a new DEP device connects to the internet. This device will check the DEP web service of Apple if it is ass...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP - User and Location

What's up everyone! Hoping someone can shed some light... We have drilled through every post on JN to set up LDAP to populate the user information in the User and Location tab for each of our workstations. We're on 10.6.2. No matter how we try it, no...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Passcode after Setup

We have a prestage profile that restricts all iPads from setting a passcode. I now have one school who needs to have a passcode set due to them using Google drive and Classroom which require the iPads to have a passcode. I really don't want to have t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Panopto

Do you deploy Panopto at your site? Are you able to push the installer to a computer using common events? I used to do this very easily with the custom download from the vendor, but now am only able to get it to work via Self Service. Log files sugge...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2

I have a question about File Vault 2. The way my predecessor (who is no longer reachable) configured Jamf and our Onboarding process, a policy was created to Enable File Vault 2 – Once per computer (which makes sense so far) but he lost me creating t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD via Wi-Fi

Hi guys!I am having a little bit of trouble creating a working Configuration Profile that enables a new user to log in via eduroam Wi-Fi on Mac that is already bound to AD.We always use the network cable when a new user logs in. I want to get rid of ...  View more

2c6d0c32bb1742c39536720f125fade4 c0f7f79bebd749dc9d823cb221c5aef0
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to delay running policy riggered 'check-in'

Hello All,Policies triggered 'Enrollment Complete' failed to run, when I enroll by User-Initiated Enrollment. I analysed and found that policies triggered 'Enrollment Complete' competed with other policies triggered 'check-in'. Is there some informat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors