Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Broken Notification Center Notifications?

Has anyone else run into issues where macOS users no longer receive Notification Center notifications from Jamf patch management events? For a long time this worked fine. I'd update an app via JPS patch management, and the user would get a Notificati...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jailbreak Detection on iPads Reliable?

Since this topic has not been discussed here in recent years I would like to know if Jailbreak detection is reliable or not now. I am using a smart group to check for the is jailbreak trigger and I have had two detections during my rollout of JAMFpro...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

T2 Chip and Apple Updates

I've had a couple of t2 MBP's refuse to run OS and security updates on wired connections. We aren't blocking anything and it seems to run on wireless just fine. Is this how the t2 firmware functions? My educated guess is that the firmware for etherne...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

802.1X auto-join authentication with NoMAD

Hi there, looking for some assistance. Background: Using Macs that are NOT bound to AD, but use NoMAD to sync local user's account credentials to the domain and generate kerberos tickets for authentication to domain resources. Tickets work properly t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Job Title

Good day, I know this is a little off topic but what are your Job titles? I'm a Technical Analyst for our local school district. I'm not a school tech, I mainly handle our division office with IT stuff and manages iOS devices. For people that handles...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac causing AD account to Lock everyday.

Hi all, we are experiencing issues with some Active Directory accounts locking when they come to log into the machine their account is locked. Just for a bit of content our iMacs have DeepFreeze enabled on them so the rules out keychain and they also...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resetting a cloned VM

Hi, I make a lot of Fusion VMs for testing. I would like to have JAMF already installed to save having to Recon them each time. JAMF Pro sees the clone as the same machine each time. Is there a way to force JAMF Pro to see this as a new machine. Than...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Microsoft Office 2019 w/Install Status GUI

Hello, I'm looking to deploy Office 2019 via script "installer -pkg "office.pkg" -target /" but I'd like to have the same installation status GUI appear that you would get as if you launched the installer manually by double clicking on it. The applic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

.sh Asset scan script

I have an sh script that won't work if I upload to jamf pro so I have to download it and then run it via jamf process. What is the best way to do this? Here is the script #!/bin/sh ############ Server details ############ hostName="MSD69" portNo="443...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf deferrel script

Anyone used the Deferrel script here at github https://github.com/haircut/better-jamf-policy-deferral It works actually quite well, the only issue I have is that after a restart the deferrel does not show up. I can see the lauchagent is there, but no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Registration Open

Registration for JNUC 2019 is now open! The conference will be held November 12-14, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis, MN. Check out the registration details available here. Here are a few important things to note:• As with previous years we a...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 10 kudos

Jamf Pro Server Tools - No Database Connection

I've upgraded my JSS on Windows to 10.9 and am trying to setup automatic database backups using the new Jamf Pro Server Tools. But when I do a test connection to the database I'm getting the following error: Error 1045: Access denied for user 'jamfso...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Could multiple LDAP servers use the same LDAP proxy?

Hello, All.I am looking up the settings of LDAP Sever and LDAP Proxy referring to the following guide.I want multiple search bases and don't want to search the whole tree.Therefore, I am trying to add multiple LDAP Server Settings.Could multiple LDAP...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated enrollment - Personal - Access Denied

When enrolling iOS devices using user initiated enrollment (sent via SMS), I had both options in settings checked (institutional and personal), per documentation this should prompt the user to pick one. This is important for us and it shows that it i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Management - what am I doing wrong

Trying to update Excel from 16.19 to 16.20I get so far that I get notification that Update to Excel is available, if I click the notification, SelfService opens with "Item no longer available" Excel is still in version 16.19This is how I have set up ...  View more

9cdeea996a6a4c05adfb161137d31352 d4c7ce47a5f14299aabd4602fb4c65ca ee2ed490b262460d98d77b546440ea98
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 5.0 catalogs

We're setting up SUS to control software update. We've used past versions of the SUS server, but built a new 5.0 server from scratch. Set up and creation of a branch works fine, but the default catalog (index.sucatalog) and a branch catalog are not c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are people handling/preventing stolen Macs?

Hi, I'm working with a client who just had their second Mac stolen in a year. This one was only a few weeks old. We sent a "Lock Computer" command, but as he pointed out, there are very few situations where the thief is able to unlock the Mac with a ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Imaging new T2 Chip Machines

I'm trying to get imaging working for the new T2 Chip machines. I know apple is trying to move away from imaging, but I don't see the sense in manually reinstalling the OS every time we want to start a machine over from scratch plus installing all th...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enrolling Computers

Whenever I re-enroll a computer, I remove it from Jamf. Is there a way to get Jamf to auto remove the computer? If i dont remove the computer, it wont receive new profiles and policies. Jamf thinks its the same computer and wont make any changes. I r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors