Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

uapi to update Mobile Device Extension Attribute

trying to get my scripting correct to be able to update an extension attribute for an ipad using rest api. even through the Try It Out feature on the uapi/docs i receive an error 500 so something isnt correct. All examples are in XML but uapi is in J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Calendars Mac Outlook 2016

Im noticing a lot of weird stuff with Mac Outlook 2016 when it comes to accepting shared calendar invites (presumably from Windows Outlook users). Mac users get an invite in Outlook, but the shared calendar never maps/mounts in Outlook on Macs after ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Delete Computers in Jamf 10.3

We have around 150 computers need to be deleted from Jamf. However, when perform bulk deletion by using computers search action assistant, it times out. At the same time, the CPU goes really high. Has anyone run into the same problem? Any suggestions...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Utilization

Is there any way to see what process is causing our JSS to run at close to 100% utilization? We can restart the Tomcat process, but it will quickly jump back up. Last year we moved the SQL process to a separate server, and that server is not generall...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7 Beta 2 Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.7 beta 2 provides compatibility with macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 beta operating systems, so your organization can test workflows with confidence before these new operating systems ship. This release provides compatibility and su...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple school manager and Multiple MDM servers

I am considering adding our testing server (not externally facing) to our ASM instance to facilitate testing DEP workflows. We currently have all newly purchased devices automatically assigned to our production server. I would like to keep that and j...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service opening upon DEP enrollment

Hello, I'm finalizing our new thin imaging process and have found some strange behaviour with DEP enrollments. The machine will prompt to become supervised and proceed to the account creation window. At that time (while the Jamf binary is downloading...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Department &

Pardon my if I posted something that was already mentioned. We are new to jamf (In about 4 months). I was wondering if anyone had a way through a script or something else that post enrollment a dialog would pop up and ask for the following inforomati...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro OnPrem with own Hardware Vs VM

I was told by multiple reps that JAMF recommends to use it's own server hardware instead of using a VM environment. We have our JAMF on a VM, but its performance is abysmal. I'd like to move our JAMF to hit's own hardware and my boss agrees as long a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Activation Lock Status

As many of you know, Apple remove their Activation Lock (AKA Find My iPhone) status site over a year ago. https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ This site was critical for my Helpdesk tier 1 support team. They were able to confirm that a device was u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script works on ARD, spotty with Jamf

App works find with ARD but is mostly failing on all machines the policy is scoped too. Running High Sierra, any info would be helpful. Thanks. osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to make login item at end with properties {path:"/Applicati...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to confirm device settings

Hi team, We have deployed microsoft company portal in few of our test machines but in the company portal we are getting an error saying "Unable to confirm settings". We can access emails when the machine is connected to the company domain, but not wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Synthetic mouse events

With Defcon in Vegas this weekend we've learned of a vulnerability in OSX security that will allow automated approval of kernel extensions bypassing user approval. Patrick Wardle uncovered a flaw in High Sierra OS, which half of macOS systems run tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Time Drift on MacBookPros

We are occasionally seeing MacBookPros (2016 and 2017 with Touch Bar) with time drift. Sometimes the time and date will be up to a week off. Time settings are already pointing to our domain as they should be. The common factor these MacBookPros have ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS - Map Network Drives

We are looking to map 2 network drives based off of the AD user that is currently logged in. We used to manage these iMacs using Profile Manager and in the Login Items payload there was a section called Authenticated Network Mounts but Jamf Pro does ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

FileVault 2 not adding our management account.

Hey Guys, We have the policy to enable our local admin/management account with FileVault however recently it's stopped working and we're unsure why. Is it required to log in to the account before it can be recognized by the command? I've attached the...  View more

df450abf4cb64451986178ee77540d8c
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors