Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Apple TV defer iOS update check not working

Hi, Our problems with Apple TV is it shows up OS update prompt whenever there is new OS update available. I tried to set up on every Apple TV devices to turn off automatically update option, but it still shows up the update prompt. Even though the la...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup a File Share DP and then it' gone

So.. I just installed Jamf 10.8 on Windows 2016 servers. I have 1 server for mysql, 1 server for the JSS front end, and I am trying to put a share on the JSS front end server. I created the share, set permissions on it and mapped everything from a di...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mutual Authentication for the REST API

We are using the Classic API with basic authentication to gather inventory data. We were hoping for a more secure method of authentication if possible. Is it possible to set up Mutual Authentication with certificates to secure the REST API endpoints?...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfhelper spews errors

I wrote a quick and dirty script to detect if SIP is disabled, and then notify the user. #!/bin/bash # Paths to binaries JAMFHELPER="/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper" # Prompt GUI Config GUI_WINDOW_TITLE=...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scripting Help

For those of us new to scripting, and trying to get passably good at it, I am wondering if there are any resources available through jamf to assist in this. For example, is there a generic script library I can pull from? If I wanted to issue terminal...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set DNS Servers based on who logs in

I would like to set the DNS servers in both wifi and ethernet connections based on the user who logs in. I have taken a look at the Network Config Profile and it doesn't include the option for setting DNS Servers explicitly. Is there a way to do this...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Separate dep and user initiated workflows

I am quite new to Jamf and just wondering what is the best way to make policies that apply for dep enrollment and what for user initiated. For example dock and finder preferences. For new Mac with dep enrolled it is fine to those standards. But if ex...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Restrictions Seem Buggy on Mojave

Hi folks, I have a software restriction in place that blocks the usage of google chrome for everyone except for a small handful of LDAP accounts. When these students login, they can launch chrome (as expected) but from time to time the app will just ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook > Cisco Jabber Privacy Preferences

I have been having a lot of trouble with the following prompt: I have created a privacy prefs profile giving outlook access to all protected files. Has anyone had to create a profile for this situation and had it work?  View more

b91c48d968bb4e8ab8a96dedeb71d4af
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf binary commands

Hello Everyone, I have up voted this feature request but this request has been years in the making and there doesn't appear to be any movement. Do any of you know of a place to turn to see all of the Jamf binary commands and the associated variable/s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.8 Carat symbol displaying as raw HTML

We had our Jamf Cloud instance upgraded to 10.8 over the weekend, and now I've noticed when viewing the results of a smart group, the left carat symbol is displaying as raw html, but only in the smart group results, not in the name of the smart group...  View more

3230a82fcd9c48db89b405f3042274db a37d5c1cfe374916a907cec6e8252363
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GlobalProtect Login

I am installing GlobalProtect during our initial imaging process and it installs just fine. However when I try to test it the application never prompts for the login credentials. After I uninstall it and install it manually the login credential windo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory logs

Are there local logs that display Active Directory authentication attempts? I tried googling this but I'm finding a mess of out dated information. Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave and scripts

I'm working on our Mojave build and I can't seem to get our scripts to run through jamf, dep, or even locally. I created a PPPC allowance based on thislink. I can see it applied to the test VM, but when I run it with set -x, it just sits there on + e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress setup assistant after updates installed

Hello, We have a number of kiosk Macs that are set to automatically log in and start an application on startup. We use the "softwareupdate" binary to install recommended updates from Apple every week. On occasion, the Macs will reboot to the setup sc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory with Apps Jamf

Hello, There was an update AD and I changed the AD in the Jamf settings. I can login with my AD account and find users.But I can't connect to my enroll URL and Jamf applications (Jamf Admin, Remote ...).How to do ? Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does the curtain screen work ?

Hello, I've been wondering how the curtain screen, where it's written "Casper imaging is finishing install....". Because it has been bugging me a lot lately. I have a few policies that trigger events, and each of them trigger some package installs.Si...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting information from the API

Hi We had a powershell script (pictured) that would Get information about Mobile Device Apps and who they were scoped to so that we could use this data else where. After one of the recent updates it has stopped working. Does anyone have any idea as t...  View more

b795dbb5e29c489a91c29c7a9c29bff0
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosts File Update

Hey I want to update my hosts file in all computers with Jamf but i dont know which commands use. The lines that i want to add are 17.171.120.82 locate.apple.com17.171.120.18 locate.apple.com thanks  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

MalwareBytes install

We are trying to setup a Malwarebytes test group. I'd like to remove the "consumer" version before running the MBEndpoint Agent. Is there a script for remotely removing an app ? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance Tuning for memcached

I am having a difficult time getting memcached to work reliably. I have set it up successfully, and it works as expected for a few days, but eventually one node fails over to the other and then that one fails and can't fail back over again. This scen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App on iOS fails to connect

When I launch the Self Service app on iOS, it fails to connect to the server. I have to close the app and relaunch. I’ve been using Jamf (hosted) for 18 months now and no matter what client os version or Self Service app version this is always the ca...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing Security token - Script?

We used to image machines, but now it is not possible to activate Filevault through JAMF because there is no security token existing on machine.If I create a local account it get the security token and I should then be able to assign the token to the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Place a hidden file in a Users Library folder

Hello, What is the easiest way to drop a folder or a file in a users Library folder? I would like to drop a whole folder in, maybe a 1 MB folder, or just place a .file in a specific folder. The only catch is the folder needs to already exist with opt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for End User App Management

I am wondering what others are doing in regards to Capser Suite, app management and the end user. We are a small to medium sized K12 environment and I would like to off load some of the iOS app management work to the ipad teachers. Is there a way to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors