Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

FileVault greyed out in Prestage Enrollment

Just an odd question, I was going through our prestage enrollment options and I noticed there was an option for Privacy and FileVault, when I go into edit them I can select Privacy but FileVault is greyed out. Is FV being greyed out normal? Edit: on ...  View more

b4d1adbaae70421fa5fa59f3ee166d4e b011ef9ffe2045b7b5e3077e3bba3f13
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange server error on iPad

I'm running into an issue with some new iPads where the connection to our Exchange server gives an error after the iPad is set up through the pre-stage enrollment. Nothing has been changed in the configuration profile for the Exchange settings or on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading printer - remove and add at the same time?

Hi allI'm upgrading Canon production printer copier with new model.I would like to keep the same name of printer yet uninstall printer and drivers (if possible) from clients, and at the same time add the new printer so users have instant access to th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro Screen sharing

Hi All, Just wanted to confirm if we have Casper remote (screen sharing) feature available in JAMF pro latest release. Also if there are any dependency or prerequisite to enable it. Thanks!!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users bypassing System Prefs restrictions payload

Hi, One of our users has found a way to bypass the restrictions payload we use to prevent access to certain preference panes in System Preferences. The way they're doing this is by going to View > Customise, hiding panes and then using the Search box...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

macOS 10.13.6 and SMB shares through DFS

Hello, We have some problems with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and SMB shares through DFS.On our shares we use SMB 3 protocol.A lot of users (but not all) reported us some random permission issues so we had to force SMB1 protocol via nmsb.conf. Do you always...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

User detection script for Code42 using the Jamf API

I wrote up this script that you can drop into your Code42 deployment to grab the email address of your users using the JAMF API and if the email doesn't exist in JAMF the installer will prompt the user to enter their email before continuing. Hope it'...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

DEP: Remote Management/Enrollment vs System Sleep

I've got DEP-based machine setup up and running - learned a lot about getting things in the right order - and it's working pretty great. I can already see how this will make things much easier, for new machines at least (figuring out what will happen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to best deploy a plist and a script?

Hi, Am struggling a bit with deploying a plist and script. What i am trying to achieve is that i deploy the plist in the launchdeamon folder and the script in the scripts folder in a subfolder. Options i tried:1. Tried to package it and then deploy i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound Macbooks Prompting Password Change

Howdy, We are having an issue with our Macbooks on High Sierra that are bound to AD with a box that pops up when the user tries to log in:Password Expiration: Your password will expire in 29 days.... Is this because we have "Create Mobile Accounts" s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove file extension if part of file name script

I use OneDriveFB on Macs and somewhere there was a glitch where it added the file extension to the file name on a ton of files. I need help with a script to remove .pdf .jpeg .doc or any other extension and any spaces at the end or beginning of the f...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom Trigger calling two different policies.

Hi All, Is it possible to give 2 policies the same custom trigger name ? that are scoped differently I need to remove some software from our Macs. The script to do this is the same no matter what version of the OS it is running.I then want to immedia...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Silently Install Browser Extensions?

Hey all,So in setting up class link, I need to be able to push an extension to all managed computers in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Chrome we can push it once they log in with their google account, but I'm not finding anything with Safari or Firefox ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sleep but not Logout

Hello, Does anybody have a solution to have the machine fall asleep whilst not logging out of the currently logged in user?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-on recommendation - Cloud Sprawl

Hello Everyone, We have grown quite a bit and I am experiencing what I can only describe as Cloud Sprawl. Basically the company keeps adding cloud services which all have their own authentication systems. It really is a pain to manage and a security ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging iMac 18,2 to 10.13.6

Hello all, I've been working with JAMF support to figure out why the latest batch of iMacs won't boot from a fresh image of 10.13.6 even though they do netboot into this version. Older iMacs image just fine. There was speculation that this could be b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Status Reporting on 2018 MBPs

I noticed that a 2018 MBP with FileVault2 NOT enabled will show FileVault 2 Partition Encryption State: Encrypted in its inventory info. fdesetup status confirms that FV2 is off. diskutil apfs list says "FileVault: No (Encrypted at rest)", probably b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 Quick Start breaks DEP enrollment?

When users use Quick start on a brand-new DEP enabled iPad to restore an iCloud backup from an old device, they are faced with the message: "The configuration for your iPad can not be downloaded. The configuration is not available." If they go throug...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

In-House App distribution Jamf Pro 10.3.1

Hi, we have not really utilized the In-house app distribution feature but have a request to do so now.the App Size is 32 mb. I have uploaded the .ipa using the upload feature in Jamf Pro, but never saw it show up so I manually copied it to:C>Program ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors