Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Changing Passwords on High Sierra does not Update FV2

We have a local admin account on all our MAC's that is required to be different on a Site By Site basis, and needs to be changed every 3-6 months. On Sierra this was not an issue, we used dscl passwd and when our policy ran, it updated the FV2 passwo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management not functioning

Has anyone noticed that after upgrading to version 10.3 of the JSS that the change management logs no longer function properly? You can see the logs but if you select "Details" it flashes for a second and then goes away. On Edge it flashes and goes a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2018 Super Early Bird Rate Expiring

Hey Jamf Nation,This is your last chance to secure your 2018 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) tickets at the Super Early Bird rate of $699 ($599 for education). Purchase your ticket at this discounted rate through Wednesday, April 11. Why attend JN...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Google File Stream Team ID

Hey! I've been testing the new 10.13.4 update. As we all now, new Kernel extensions need to be either approved by the user or via Configuration Profile. Along with 10.13.4, we are testing Google File Stream which installs a Kernel extension. I can't ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wired Keyboards & Mice for new iMac's

We are looking for any ideas on provision of Wired Keyboards & Mice for new iMac's we will be purchasing & deploying in the next couple of months. Apple only ship the units with Wireless devices which are unhelpful in a University lab environment as ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to 10.3 followup

We just took the plunge to Jamf Pro 10.3 to help address the KEXT non-sense, and while things in test were fine the plunge to prod has been mixed. The JSS seems more sluggish and tomcat is a much bigger memory hog than it was previously, macOS MDM en...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

The new release of Composer broken?

I've got the newest version of Jamf Pro on two different Macs running two different versions of macOS. I've created a source for two different applications on each machine, however when I go to remove folders from the source, I click to confirm delet...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac - network share mapping script

Is it possible to make a simple network drive mapping script on a mac ?. The script that I need should be on windows like Net use J: servershareI have found some scripts for mac, where username and password also are included. But this should be avoid...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query for Keychain Errors

Hello Everyone, We administer MacBooks to a few hundred teachers across 12 different sites. As such, we have become accustomed to the Keychain on login error message that occurs when a password has been changed via our SSO. Within the past year we ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Notification

We are in the process of implementing patch management with Jamf and Self Service. If there is a pending update available it shows up in updates in self service so that all is working correctly. My question is this. When self service is open it shows...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best Way to Force Restart in Policy

I have a script that runs after an application is installed to alert users that they need to restart (and after 5 minutes it automatically restarts). I'm purposely using this over the built-in JSS Restart options because most software updates are don...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service (iOS) Asking for iTunes Login

I'm getting very close to a true zero-touch deployment solution for our iPads, and I'm hoping the community can pull me across the finish line on a strange issue I'm having with managed apps. My test iPad enrolls via DEP/Prestage Enrollment fine, but...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero Touch Deployment Hurdles

Hello All, Two questions I have about overcoming some hurdles with zero-touch deployment. I am a Mac admin for a higher-ed institution, and we use a Bradford network sentry to register devices on our network. This creates a problem, because devices c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group for iOS 11 Compatible Devices

I've just created a smart group for iOS 11 compatible devices that you might find useful iOS 11 Compatible true 33 Model Identifier 0 AND is not iPad1,1 false false Model Identifier 1 and is not iPad2,1 false false Model Identifier 2 and is n...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apple School Manager Login Issues

Good day! I posted this on the Apple Education forums, and decided to post it here since I hope to maybe have a better answer here than Apple. :) I've been having a very odd issue over the past few months with students not being able to login to thei...  View more

772593e2891948ebb2f3d632fdab1b9f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS 10.13.4 Wont update until showing in AppStore

I am running into an issue when trying to do a no touch install the 10.13.4 using Jamf. I have downloaded the Combo update as well as the standard update directly from Apple. I have tested with both of these .dmg files, as well unpacking into the .pk...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

feedback token found for nonexistent device

i have seen this in my logs on a regular basis (up to a couple of times per day) for months and i just don't get it. i've asked jamf support about it multiple times and they haven't really given me a direct answer, so i'm hoping that someone on here ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.4 Data and Privacy Prompt

Hi All, Has anyone figured out where the plist is that controls if the Data & Privacy prompt comes up for a new user? It appears everything has moved out of com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist I'm hoping that when the patch for JSS 10.3 drops, so I can in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Company device and BYOD policy

Defining a company device and BYOD policy, do any have some good input or "template". I know there exist different policies for different company´, but do any have some good links etc with information how to define Fx. For mobile devices in a company...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.4 NetBoot Image creates unbootable drive

I've done this procedure for years.macOS 10.13.4Jamf Imaging 10.2.2 (since we hit the alphanumeric password bug)AutoDMG 1.8AutoCasperNBI 1.41 The NetBoot Image created seems to boot and image fineexcept it reboots to a flashing folder with a question...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Zones on the Cloud hosted JSS

The time zone on my cloud hosted JSS is wrong. I know this is a user specific setting in Account Preferences but I am finding it difficult to find my time zone. I have already done this once but when Jamf updated it appears my time zone was reset. Wh...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Update Adobe CC 2018 via Self Service

Hello everyone, In our current environment our designers are using Adobe CC 2017 on Sierra 10.12.6. I am looking to update them to Adobe CC 2018. I'd like to make this option available in Self Service so the users can update themselves when they have...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11.3, iWork 4.0 Apps, and iCloud Drive

Wondering if anyones seen similar behavior from their supervised iOS devices running iOS 11.3 and iWork 4.0 apps. Device is signed into iCloud, has the iCloud Drive and iWork iCloud Drive options turned on, but in the Settings of each app, I cannot c...  View more

eef0fe5944e04b72929666093e3ac539 cd8107c006374669baeb37282aa280d1 d6cf9b44809a49488b35ed49ac171a1d
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors