Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Imaging Workflow for FV2 and AD in High Sierra?

How are you guys that use AD (no NoMAD, not there yet but working on it) enabling Filevault in your High Sierra workflow? I ALMOST figured out how to script enabling SecureToken on a new created mobileaccount: /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

TImemachine backup

Hi, We have NetApps for storage that dont cope with AFP+2, SMB as we all know since 10.9 sucks. So we use CIFs and the usual "hack to allow NAS external non AFP servers" We also created a TimeMachine Linux server which works but is not "scalable" and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store adoption

I am deploying several macs they come bundled with keynote etcAm in correct in thinking if I allow App Store adoption the bundled apps will get updated We will be using device based licences and I don’t want to push out the apps or delete the apps fr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add old computers to DEP

HiHas anyone managed to add computers to DEP that were purchased before your company was enrolled in DEP.Google tells me for iOS devices this can be done with Apple Configurator, but what about OSX devices?End-goal: To be able to internet recover com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - May 2018

Hello Jamf Nation! Nice to see you again. Here’s what’s new in Jamf Nation and Jamf One since my post on April 25th, 2018. Jamf Nation - New Features and Improvements• Added ability to sort your search by “Likes.”• Better time zone support! Time stam...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 11 kudos

MobileConfig Wifi Profile MacOs

Hello so I am trying to create wifi mobile profile and want to modify settings such as DNS I have added a sample image below I am trying to add items to "DNS Servers" and "Search Domains". Is there a way I could do that from the xml file? I know how ...  View more

9d6a754cfe814c0eabb96b534d004480
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari restriction and webclips at the sametime

Hi,is it possible to push webclips on ipads and being able to open them in safari while having safari hidden ? I created a web app that opens a web page with a lot of shortcuts to some college/universities student portals, i have whitelisted com.appl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Config Profile Greyed Out

I have an issue with a Macbook where the configuration profile is greyed out. The main issue is this Macbook has been infected Chumsearch and variants which cannot be removed because the config profile is greyed out. Even under a local admin account,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment Discrepency

We've been testing DEP extensively the last few weeks preparing for a large shipment of Airs coming next week and after finally getting DEP to work correctly with our Macs, I noticed something strange that happens to 50% of the machines that get enro...  View more

ca7a5de6489c4d3a81abd212f28fab31
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Department, does it update the apps?

I'm new to JAMF so this is probably going to be a really trivial question. If I change the department of users, will new apps assigned to the new department also get pushed out? ... will apps that are not in the new department get removed? Or do I ha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow logon times

Hoping for some advice or guidance... So it seems our MacBooks running high sierra are bound to the domain, we are seeing an increase in login time from boot. Fresh out the box MacBook running high sierra, bound to our domain using directory utility....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Curl the enrollmentProfile.mobileconfig

Hello - Trying to automate some enrollment tasks and I'm having trouble figuring out how to curl the enrollmentProfile.mobileconfig. This is the config we download from our enrollment page for OS X, not for iOS. Basically the thing that has taken the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Automation

I spend a lot of time provisioning computers here at the company I work for. The process is extremely time consuming. Time wasted that I could be using for learning, or doing other things. Does anyone have a guide for automating computer setups. Righ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Home Screen Layouts

Hi Everyone, Is there a graphical interface for creating app layouts for different profiles? Going through all the apps and having to search by name to organize is a pain. Attached is an example of something I am talking about.  View more

4dc344c77e07487fb546d42beb76878e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 only Patch Definitions

We found the Jamf-provided Adobe Creative Cloud Patch Definitions too inclusive as many of our users are sticking with 2017 versions, but were prompted to apply 2018 updates. Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 only Patch Definitions Note: As @brysontyrrell po...  View more

0b9f25d6b7064587861816cca6d2d6e3
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

customizing office 2016?

hi allwe have a large enterprise with a lot of mac users and we plan on deploying office 2016 to them.currently - our office package we created, has the installer w/ serialize, but no custom is done to it.my question is, is there a way to edit the pa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD bound Macs and Windows Print Server

What is the easiest way to get Macs to connect to printers via Windows print server? Currently what I am doing is adding the printers to my machine via IP, opening Jamf Admin and grabbing the printers. I then create a Self Service policy for the prin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Configuration Profile not encrypting

I have a configuration profile for filevault to encrypt certain machines and escrow the PRK to the jss. This worked on two machines but now the rest of them aren't encrypting at all. They're in scope and have the config profile. It is a computer leve...  View more

d429b281f67d44fd958e8165466fa10c 1322a8716e0243cea18974caf8cd7656 4f9f18edb3fb4bc59cb0c0ef09f66c92
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New device in Jamf

Does anyone know why when I add a new device into JAMF, I am not able to click the device itself and manage it/push configurations? I've included a screenshot to better explain what I'm trying to say.  View more

2c5ddc538633447c92fe05c14585e354
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud and MDM

Hi everyone, I currently manage iPads for remote patient monitoring. One of the clinicians gave an iPad to a patient and accidentally had that patient sign into their iCloud account. Unfortunately, that has now made the device unmanaged. Does anyone ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

USB read only but allow exceptions

Hi I had a post further down but find the issue to be Sophos fault and they wont fix it @:{:@:}~@{:}:!! Anyways... is it possible within JSS to make usb devices read only but allow some exceptions? in which will only apply to say our staff group and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 801 on macOS High Sierra deployment?

Hi Folks, We have run into a very simple error from a simple command: The command is nothing more than: "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app --ag...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

xpath "junk after end of expression" error

I'm trying to parse some XML output (a smart group) from the JSS API using xpath. The output is pretty standard stuff, a list of computers and any outstanding software updates on them. Let's save the entire file in a file ~/Desktop/whywontthiswork.xm...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors