Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Mac AD Integration...

Hey all-- I have administered an already deployed Casper solution, but never from the ground up and working through use cases and building to me certain criteria. So I was hoping to post to this group and potentially get some feedback from anyone loo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Issues

Hoping someone can help or offer some advice... As Apple have stated that monolithic system imaging is a thing of the past or at least not supported going forward with High Sierra. I've ran into a few issues with deploying High Sierra to our 200+ mac...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra and quickadd package failing

hi allim new here and looking for some help.im trying to install the quickadd package on a brand new out-of- boc macbook pro w/ High Sierra.the the package goes halfway and then fails.anyone know why?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashplan No Longer Doing OSX On-Prem SErvers

We are Crashplan users backing up about 60 Macs (40 in-house, 20 mobile). We have had on-premises OSX Crashplan servers for years. We also use their cloud solution. Since Crashplan has deprecated their on-prem OSX server product we are considering mo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert Radmind Packages and Transcripts to .pkg

We're new to JAMF Pro and are currently using Radmind to create software packages and install them on our lab Macs. We would like to be able to keep all our current software installs (with all the customizations, licensing, etc. that we did) from Rad...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the adm password by script

Hello friends I'm trying to make a script to change the user password of about 200 machines and I'm not getting it, what I have so far and this !/bin/bash unset HISTFILEdscl . -passwd /Users/username newpasswordsecurity set-keychain-password -o oldpa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing

Hi, It's probably something I should contact Adobe directly with, but does anyone have any idea how to serialize a Creative Cloud installation? Without it, the programs run under a trial version. I tried using the Creative Cloud Packager to generate ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding and withdrawing apps through Jamf Pro 10

I am use to using Apple Configurator - which has a very simple way of adding and withdrawing apps from iPads. This method allows you to retain your licences. 10 apps installed - 10 licences used. 10 apps withdrawn - 10 licences put back. I can find n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving to single directory help

Hi all, We've got a small org of ~100 users in two offices, plus a handful of full time remote users. All Macs. Due to a growing number of requirements of our clients, and general desire to better secure and integrate accounts, we want to bring every...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Policy not applying evenly?

Hi All, Has anyone seen a case where a dock policy is set to kick off on login and it returns success, but doesn't do anything? If I flush the policy and login again then it works and returns success. Is there anything I can do to make it take hold t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee/macOS 10.13.3 build 17D102

Has anyone else seen the update to build 17D102 (Telugu character bug fix) cause crashes when McAfee is installed? Seeing this on the first few test machines that have that update applied and removing McAfee seems to stop it, but the crashes are freq...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM webclips open in Chrome

Hello! I have disabled safari on our district ipads for a variety of security reasons. The students do have google chrome as a browser option. I have placed some webclips as a configuration policy, I see them, but they will not open. I know it's beca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Apple ID, iMessage/Facetime, iOS restrictions

Very strange situation that I cannot figure out. So my goal is to have a completely locked down corporate device with No Apple ID. However, we would still like the ability to use FaceTime and iMessage. After some research, I discovered that supposedl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving from single Apple ID to VPP

My company has been using a single Apple ID to download apps like Xcode for many computers. We're finally on VPP and want to get all of our computers onto the program but without needing to uninstall the app, and re-installing it. Does anyone have in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building sort very annoying

The building list we have is pretty extensive. We have buildings that change their names and may ore may not have a street address. After one of the 9.x upgrades, this list was no longer sorted alpha numerically, but by creation date. It's very annoy...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft AutoUpdate

I am trying, without Much success to get this configured and working correctly. My current attempt is using the Below MobileConfig file to set 3 Settings DisableInsiderCheckbox trueHowToCheck AutomaticDownloadStartDaemonOnAppLaunch true However, whil...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount distribution point

Has anyone had this issue before where packages in self service keep failing to install due to not being able to mount the distribution point? I can manually mount the distribution points on the machines and get into the folders but it keeps failing ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 4 kudos

DEP and Prestage Enrollment

Hi All I've just started to test DEP and would like some of your advice. When we enrol one of other Mac's using DEP and Prestage, it doesnt install any of the policies that are triggered at Enrollment? Am I doing something wrong?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificates - Mac deployment

What is the best practice regarding deployment of certificates. I have about 200 mac in a typical windows environment with 5000 PC´s .So there is root certificates and are also running office 365 where there seems to be some certificates, as outlook ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBIOS on Macs

Hello all, I’m trying to set up a script to prompt our Tier 1 techs to rename the computer when they set it up out of the box for the first time. While it changes the local name, HostName (aka NetBios), and computer name according to terminal, the Ne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud sync to cloud distribution point not working?

We have an internal distribution point as a master and a cloud distribution point as secondary. I'm able to upload ~5 gb macOS installer to my on-prem and sync it Jamf Cloud. However, I'm unable to download the package from the cloud distribution poi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slack alerts via Webhook

I am trying to configure webhooks for events to post to a specified Slack channel. The channel already has the incoming-webhook app configured to post. I have created webhooks in Jamf pro pointing to the URL as JSON (tried XML too, no luck) but I jus...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors