Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Policies don't run

I'm starting to see a disturbing trend. Very randomly some policies just absolutely will not truly execute when run from Self Service or via -event trigger. The LOOK like they run, but instead of taking a minute to install they run through in 2 or 3 ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending notifications with Yo Scheduler & Jamf

Hi all, for anyone who uses Yo, I was wondering if someone could give me the best way to do this. I have pushed out the pkg to all machines complete with images for the notifications .... and from there I have been pushing a script from Jamf to send ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static groups for software install?

We have some software that we want users specifically request by calling/mailing our helpdesk, and then our helpdesk can assign the software to the users computer. Is static groups the best route for this? For example a user wants SPSS 24. Sends a ti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CIS Benchmark

Hey everyone, There is a recommendation in the CIS benchmark about securing home folders. The command they want you to use in order to achieve this is sudo chmod -R og-rwx /Users/$Username I have an issue with changing home folder perms as it can cau...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AV and System Process

Just starting my digging into this so thought I would see it there is something here first. My institution is using Cisco AMP for Endpoints and I need to build something to do the following: 1) Check to see if the AMP for Endpoints Client System Proc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to download a Directory over http

I have a remote https directly hosting pkg files, https://www.fileshere.com/. I need to be able to download all the files in the directory. I have gone through many options in testing and can not find something that will work. Using something native ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Restarted becaue of a problem.

With High Sierra any time I image a computer using an image configuration, I get an error message "Your computer has encountered an error and must restart" If the configuration includes the OS and joining to AD it works, but any other application add...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with scripting/!

We currently use Forcepoint DLP.We have the go ahead to mass remove it from our Macs.If I push the uninstall command via JAMF remote, wepsvc --uninstall , it works.Plugging this in as a script also seems to work: Tis is the command I can push:sudo we...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Android MDM Recommendations?

Hi Jamf Nation, one of our teachers went out and got a bunch of Amazon Fire (formerly Kindle) tablets, and I need a way to get them on our wireless network. The password is 63 characters long so I'd like to find a free or cheap MDM to manage them wit...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Display Message on Login Screen?

I am working on our DEP workflow to replace imaging. We are not creating the user during the setup, but instead need to install the software to link to our directory. Is there a way to pop up a dialog box just to tell the user to wait a few minutes b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Kernal Panics

We've been having an alarming amount of Kernel panics this past week. The Macs that I've seen this happen to are on Sierra and only a couple that have upgraded to High Sierra. I was thinking it was caused by some of them doing upgrades to High Sierra...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is your DEP test environment look like?

I am just starting to use DEP in our environment and I need a good test setup. Right now I have one mac that our vendor setup for me to go into our DEP environment. After I enroll this test device do I have to wipe it clean before re-enrolling an tes...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Safari Autofill Option Greyed Out

Hello, I have a configuration profile that has "Allow Safari Auto-Fill" enabled under the Applications Tab of Restrictions. We have over 600 users on this profile, and randomly have users that report that the Safari Autofill Option Greyed Out. I have...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group software patching

Im trying to wrap my head around the best way of patching software outside Patch Management, with the familiar testing > production workflow. Example: I have a static group called Install Endnote x8. Static group is scoped to a policy called Install ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Wi-Fi Access

Currently looking at better ways to manage our iPad's. The current process is to use configurator to reset the iPad each time it's plugged back in (this doesn't always occur). What we're finding is the authenticated Wi-Fi access is being stored betwe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV 4th Gen and Enterprise Wireless

I'm just about to start rolling out Generation 4 Apple TV's to all my classroom, but have come across an interesting problem. All devices are enrolled into DEP and JAMF Pro (although i'm pretty sure that its an Apple Issue, not a JAMF issue) Brand ne...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Training Pass Price Hike?

I heard rumor that the JAMF Training Passes were going to increase in price this year. If this rumor is true, I'm similarly curious as to whether or not this is solely for individual passes, solely for business training passes, or for both. I'm days ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Managing Cellular Data Plans in Jamf Pro

Is there any way to manage (i.e., sign up for) cellular data plans remotely through JAMF Pro. I suspect there isn't and didn't find any documentation on the matter, but just wanted to be sure. I'm aware of the option to retain cellular data plans whe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Fixing FileVault Keys on High Sierra

What are people using on High Sierra to repair invalid or unknown individual FileVault keys? We were using the fde-rekey package (https://github.com/square/fde-rekey) but the developer has no plans to support APFS. We used fde-rekey because we didn't...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to Jamf Pro

Hello All, I'm new to JAMF and I have a million questions. I've signed up for the Jump Start but I wanted to make sure I have everything together before that time arrives. So we don't have a lot of Macs I would say about 20 and maybe 100 iOS devices,...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Four new Software Titles to Patch Management

Greetings Jamf Nation! We have added four new Software Titles to Patch Management: Java SE Development Kit 9Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 9Java SE Development Kit 8 (CPU)Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 8 (CPU) Java JDK and JRE 8 (CPU) Contain only ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors