Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

Four new Software Titles to Patch Management

Greetings Jamf Nation! We have added four new Software Titles to Patch Management: Java SE Development Kit 9Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 9Java SE Development Kit 8 (CPU)Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 8 (CPU) Java JDK and JRE 8 (CPU) Contain only ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

NAMING IPADS DEP

Our district names our ipads according the school and room number. Does this mean I cannot have this done through DEP? If it can please share. What I see as the only options are really one generic name or by serial number. I used to just choose to na...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac management - SCCM or ?

Hi, Don´t know if this is the right forum to use, but I try MAC computers are comming more and more in our company and instead of going for an JAMF solution that is fully MAC supported, our Microsoft team want mac´s to be managed by SCCM(as according...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Limiting a policy to a building

I have a bunch of IP ranges, and I'm looking at utilizing buildings. But it appears to me that the way it's setup I can only target or exclude buildings, I can't limit to them. Is that correct? I may want to scope to only my domain-bound devices, but...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual vs JSS Installed Configuration Profiles

I see a lot of chatter around here about people wanting to install config profiles manually vs using the JSS to push them out. Why is that? Are there benefits from doing it manually? It seems so much easier to push them via the JSS than it does to se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf deploy Custom SSL VPN

I have recently changed jobs and my new employer currently uses SoftEther VPN Server. This is configured as an OpenVPN compatible SSL VPN. Therefore as is common with real OpenVPN Mac users are using TunnelBlick as the VPN client. At this point the V...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

DEP Enrollment Connecting to VPN

We are exploring JAMF Cloud to help our work form home users enroll devices at their house. We are an AD shop and we use mobile accounts. And there in lies the problem. We are looking for ways during enrollment to connect to a VPN (currently we are u...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon - An Unknown Error Occurred?

Hello,I am getting our DEP workflow resolved and I think I finally have it where the system will install all of the policies necessary at the initial prep. However, now I am noticing a different error. The Mac Inventory never uploads to the JSS. When...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skip already installed programs during enrollment

I have a few programs that gets installed when a computer first gets enrolled with the Enrollment Complete trigger: Office 2016, Acrobat Pro DC, Skype for Business and so on. Is there any neat way to skip installing the program IF the program is alre...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parasite user

Bonjour, Problématique: Utilisateurs parasite qui pollue les classes. J'aurai besoin de créer un smart Group qui me permettrai d'identifier tous les utilisateurs qui n'ont pas ou plus de "Mobile Device" attribué (comme ceux qui ont "0" dans le résult...  View more

93fd33188af94beaa077dd8c2c0925ea
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Weirdness

Has Anyone Seen this behavior Before? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JZYwU5K6eGyCz5C4X4-Xi-cz-dMnKtx4 Whenever you click the enable button to access the gui to add more Filevault users the button doesn't actually do anything. 10.13.3, although we'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Usage Management - iOS Devices

I was looking through the Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide. Under Managing Computers there is a subheading for "Usage Management". I'm unable to see a similar heading under Managing Mobile Devices.Does anyone know of a way to find usage information sim...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 10.13 Key Rotation

Has anyone got FV2 Key Rotation working through policy for 10.13? I understand that the management account needs to be enabled for FV2 for this to work but that policy also fails for me..  View more

5f84cc7cf7914d9396033128056c26b0 ba47b9e9446246fc9dd657c7846f311f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribute TVos Apps

Hello All, We are just getting our first batch of DEP-enabled AppleTV's deployed this week and was wondering if it's possible to push out apps via JAMF. Notably we are looking to utilize the YouTube application without making teachers log in to their...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP printer drivers under 10.13

After installing hp-printer-essentials-S-5_7_5.pkg, I get a dialog I am able to allow this under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General but I needto do this via command line. Thanks for any help.  View more

d98aabf109074873bd7d4fcf85e7c4ab 05fbfc2140ba4c78bef0b19851cc1e79
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Distribution

Purchased app in VPP, app shows up in JAMF and I've set the scope to the 4 devices I want to install the app on. I set it to install automatically, but still be available in Self Service. The app did not install automatically, but it is in Self Servi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AWS connection

I am currently looking into Jamf cloud and wanted to see if anyone knew if AWS Direct Connect would be a supported network connection from my environment to the Jamf cloud? Anybody have any experience with this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 Suite pkg needs .txt file

I have a .pkg of Filemaker Pro 15 which installs fine when imaging but ends up with this dialog when you try to run it: The problem it appears is because the .pkg installer needs to be able to see the 'Assisted Install.txt' file that comes in the ori...  View more

6e1ae22ebbe944f9ab5f70ced190b189 e6134de577f1404ab82ae9c572eda760
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment URL for Jamf Cloud instance

Trying to add devices to JAMF pro using enrollment URL instead of using profiles but I'm getting an error and devices never enroll. Is this is the correct URL?https://ORGNAME.jamfcloud.com/cloudenroll  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where are profile XML files located

When you create a profile [whether using Jamf or macOS X Server] and install it - where does the XML get stored? I ask because we're trying to create a profile to connect to the corporate wireless. Not a single person in the environment is familiar w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors