Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Re-Adding computer after deletion.

We had a situation where computer was taken off Casper (a MDM profiles deleted) and Computer name was deleted from JSS. Computer still remained on AD. After that it was re-enrolled. But its not showing back under computers although all the MDM settin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra upgrade in Self Service

Hi All, I've followed guides and gotten tips from other Casper Admins. I'm now here; I cannot get the InstallESD file to cache correctly on a machine, and then get Self Service to install the OS correctly. Any (already) created guides or tips would b...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Installs from Self Service

Don't know if I am dreaming (or nightmare), but it seems as if when installing apps from Self Service on iOS devices, it installs the version of the app at time of purchase, then updates the app after it installs. I installed Google Drive, Google Doc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox ESR Config

Hi Im trying to create a deployable configuration for Firefox ESR. So far so good but I cannot suppress the "Import settings from another browser" dialog. What I tried so far: pref("profile.confirm_automigration", true); pref("profile.migration_behav...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify visudo

hi All,Pretty new to JAMF and i would like to know if anyone has a doc I can read on how to add a line to the visudo settings.Right now its a manual process every time i provision a laptop but i would like to script this.I have search and there are s...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quicktime - Record iPad won't work

We can't figure out why Quicktime won't allow us to record Jamf managed iPads. The config profile have "Allow screenshots and screen recording" enabled in the restrictions. I presume it has to do with the our managed iOS devices not able to "trust" t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS MUT

I have tried JSS MUT several times with only 5 rows and nothing happens. I get no error message. It looks like it goes through it ok but it doesn't update. I'm trying to assign iPad Serial Numbers to specific users. Is there a phone number for suppor...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x AD login

I have some iMacs that will need Wi-Fi AD login (no ethernet ports nearby). How do I go about this? do i create a configuration profile --> network --> wi-fi what other payloads will need to be configured ? will this just be 1 config profile?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can you prevent boot disk modification?

I'm looking for a solution (script, plist modification, configuration profile, anything) that will allow a user to open Disk Utility to format external drives but not be allowed to modify the internal boot drive. Is there a way to do this that I'm mi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turkey Time Zone Change

Does anyone know how Apple is addressing Turkey's change to their time zone (they are no longer observing DST)? Is this the kind of thing Apple pushes in the background or is it part of an explicit update? If it's the latter, what would that mean for...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certifications for JSS v9 and Jamf Pro v10

Recently new classes were added at http:///www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/store/courses going up to April 2017. Since JSS v10 is slated for the first half of 2017, will the certs earned for v9 be valid for v10 or will you need to re-certify? And if re-cert...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loan iPads in Higher Education?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone is utilising iPads in a loaning capacity within education?We (Coventry University, UK) have laptop loan service within our library that is very popular with the students.One of the directors has just bought 16 i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update Delay and Message not being applied.

I have seen this for my self and many users are complaining about it because it is restarting to quickly before they can save everything. It is restarting 5 minutes after new software updates are installed and prompting a message it will restart in 5...  View more

dda3280f75fc48d8a9bf86db3546ce8d b703a922c2ee492ab5b2d952e119efae
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Text Replacement settings managment

Hello I've been trying to figure out a way to update / add words to the Text replace preference pane with no luck. the only way I can make it work is:1)manually adding to the list2)following this also manual process https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf installer bug?

JAMF Pro v9.93OSX 10.11.6Adobe CS5.5 (Ps, Ai, Id)AAMEE 2.1 Hi all, I've already viewed the following discussions, but my issue is different.https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/14131/https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/5576/https://w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Revoking apps - timeline

Can anyone confirm if I have this correct..... When you revoke apps from a device, they stay 'active' on that device for a time period (28 days?) before the app and its content then disappearing. Within this 'grace period' the user then has the oppor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notification when a Policy is created or modified

I would love this feature request: JSS permissions for policy creation but not enablement please vote it up, but in the meantime I was wondering if there would be a way I could be notified when a policy is created or modified in the JSS. I work for a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MYSQL Dump with SSL

Ok so here is what im trying to do. We have setup our MySQL instance to use ssl and all is well, but it breaks the backup function of the jssdb utility. As there is no SSL option for it. So im trying to write a batch script to emulate that ability. b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS vs. Mac in K-12 Education

iPads vs. MacBooks I'll start with some background information: 
I currently work for a public school district (K-12) where we manage approximately 2800 iPad Pros 7.9 for K-4 & approximately 4000 MacBook Air’s (Mid 2012) 5-12. We did not upgrade our ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize Management Action Icon

I feel like I'm missing something simple, but I couldn't find anything in search--or rather, I found a lot of things in search but nothing that was what I was looking for. For updates and patches from Adobe, Microsoft, etc., I create nice Self Servic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profile Security & Privacy error

I keep getting the below error when trying to configure something in Security & privacy. Any ideas? Security & PrivacyOSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.jsp is not implemented. Check the log for more information.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MYSQL Dump with SSL

Ok so here is what im trying to do. We have setup our MySQL instance to use ssl and all is well, but it breaks the backup function of the jssdb utility. As there is no SSL option for it. So im trying to write a batch script to emulate that ability. b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Mac Antivirus / Malware?

We are currently running TrendMicro and are not a fan. We have been given permission to look at alternative solutions for our Apple devices. Obviously I would prefer to not run any third party tool, but assuming that is not an option, what solutions ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors