Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Downloading a package from a policy

I have uploaded an ePO agent package to our Casper server. I have created a policy with that package. As soon as that policy runs, I get an error: "The network connection was interrupted while downloading the package from https://spcsjccasjds01.spire...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 15.31 Google "Preview"

Has anyone else seen the notification of a "preview" for [snip] within Outlook 15.31? More importantly, has anyone figured out how to disable it? It popped up for me as soon as I upgraded, and my organization's very-strict security policies require t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon hangs on 10.10.5 - Help

We still have many 10.10.5 machines in our environment and recently we have been having issues with the 10.10.5 machines not completing Recon. The machines hang on detecting hardware. Has anyone encountered this one and if so, what was your workaroun...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

pfctl, labs, locking down ARD to subnet

Hi All, Being at a public university, we don't have much of a firewall at the border of campus. Some universities do, and we may in the future, but right now, we don't. =/ I try to keep things relatively locked down via user ACLs, and not having serv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

JDS on newer Ubuntu versions?

Currently on Ubuntu the JDS is only supported on version 12.04, which will be exiting support later this year (2017). Does anyone know if JAMF have any plans to update the JDS system to support newer Ubuntu versions, for example 16.04 LTS? Thanks,Dan...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

show hostname in Self Service? (macOS X)

Hi all, Is it possible to show the hostname in the Self Service?I can create an Automater App or an Apple Script Policy for Self Service but it would be much better to see the hostname directly in Self Service. Do you have any suggestions? Thank youB...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIELD_EASDEVICE_ID ?

After upgrading, I'm having a few devices that are no longer checking in and aren't talking to the JSS server. It appears that the common thread is that the new field, "FIELD_EASDEVICE_ID" is blank for those devices. Is there a way to populate that v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS adds course ID's to classes on import

Hi everyone, We've set up Apple School Manager and are importing users and classes into JSS. In this phase, we're testing with just one course. We have put a couple of classes in ASM, and have linked them to this 1 course. (That means: there's only 1...  View more

0cbeff6fa9c04a7bb539a742a97ed783
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deep Freeze and Casper Suite

I work for an Engineering College. We have very few Macs in our open computer labs. Up until recently we were making all users standard users and then nuking their home directories every morning with a cron job. Recently we've discovered when using d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching Profiles with Self Service

I cannot wrap my head around the solution for this and I feel like im missing something: Desired Outcome:User opens Self Service and picks "15 minute" or "Immediate" screen lock, On the backend, if you pick 15minutes we want the 15minute security pro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Serial Number suddenly "Not Available"

I just noticed that just one of our ~180 Macs started showing in JSS as serial number "Not Available" a few weeks ago. Laptop had been deployed about six months at that time. It continues to check in and provide inventory, but I don't have physical a...  View more

b2d083191abc4a68907ac8d3589b3f88
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to boot older Macbooks with updated NBI

Just to give a little background... We just updated our NBI for our Netboot servers using AutoCasper NBI w/ OS X 10.12.3 as the base OS image. Just ran into an issue with a tech trying to image a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro. Now I know that MacOS Sierra is ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart groups

I'm recently started to use JSS so I still don't know how to use it very well, I have 2 PreStage Enrollments, let's call them "Enroll to Domain A" and "Enroll to Domain B", also, I have 2 static groups "Domain A" and "Domain B", but, I've notice that...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Office Templates

Does anyone know of a way we can get our custom templates to pull from the location they are stored and copy down to a directory on login using a policy to copy the files from that drive. Once they are copied down I want them to show up in Office onc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 & Encryption Desktop

Is there anyone in the community that is using Symantec Encryption Desktop server to provide file vault recovery keys ? In there documentation , it says its possible , but I'm not experiencing the intended results. Any help would be appreciated. Tech...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set headphones as default audio output

Hi all,We are working on a way to disable the internal speakers of any device and make sure that they can only use headphones to listen to any audio coming out of the computer.We are using Soundflower as a work around and it's working like a charm, b...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Default email account

Hi there, We currently have all our iphones setup in Caspar with work exchange emails deployed to them. When a user then adds a second email ( icloud,gmail etc) manually it uses this as the default email, Is there a way to stop it using the second em...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobileconfig issues through policy

I'm trying to get a mobileconfig to download and install using a policy. Here are the steps that I am doing: Create configuration profile on the JSSDownload the configuration profileUnsign the profile using Apple ConfiguratorPut .mobileconfig into /t...  View more

e664f1e9fc2a441e908d26a0a61439db
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen laptop has checked in

We recently had a small group of laptops stolen. They were student checkout laptops and had wifi disabled. As soon as the theft was discovered I tied them to DEP with a prestage enrollment. One of them re-enrolled a few days ago with the JSS manageme...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors