Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

OS X El Capitan Upgrade Booting To Recovery HD

We're in the process of rolling out the last of the OS X El Capitan upgrades to our users, but I've run into a handful of machines exhibiting some strange behavior. Specifically, instead of booting to the installer and completing an in-place upgrade,...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount a DMG but not show on the desktop

Hello everyone- I have a very ultra noobish question. I'm using hdiutil in a script to mount installation DMG's on a system for imaging, but when I call it within my script, it shows the DMG contents on the desktop. I would like to know how to go abo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Signing Certificate & Private Key

I'm working on the 802.1x problem from this post, and I'm trying to sign the profile in Profile Manager with my JSS certificate. I don't see a way to download the signing cert & pk, so I'm wondering if there's a way to request one from https://jss.do...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

large tmp file

Hi All We have had reports of a massive file and wondering if anyone else has seen this or is there a known defect? We are on version 9.82 In one case the file was /Library/Application Support/JAMF/81489.tmp and its size was 295.93 GB On 3 occasions ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange Configuration Profile behaviour

Hi, JSS 9.91Mac OSX 10.11.3 Just imaged a VM with Casper Imaging.Logged in and it wasn't getting some config profiles (all computer scoped). Strange. I checked System Prefs > Profiles and only one was showing (I think the main MDM)...I checked Casper...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Dashboard in Spaces

Hi We'd like to enable Dashboard in Spaces (Mission control panel) We're unable to find this option in JSS Does someone had to do that by script? Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Address behind load balancer

Hi, We have 2 JSS's behind a load balancer. I have set the Remote IP Valve setting in Apache Tomcat Settings. When the computer runs a jamf policy (every 15 minutes), the IP address (not reported IP Address) always comes back as the load balancer add...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation Email Digests - Stopped Working?

I've currently got the Email Digests option enabled within my JAMF Nation account. However since Tuesday I haven't received any emails. Is the JAMF Nation Email Digests system down? Are other JAMF Nation users who also have the Email Digests option e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identifying a "primary" machine

We give each employee a primary machine. Some have secondary one's too and we have a naming convention that we can use to quickly identify them (xxx-1xxxx = primary, where xxx=location, 1 = primary and xxxx.=first initial last name). We also have a f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Application version installation policy ??

I currently have a policy that installs an application version 20. Now the application is at version 21. in Casper Admin I double click the version 20.pkg and go to the options tab there is a checkbox that says 'substitute package' ?? I have to CHECK...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applescript times out around 5 minutes

Goal: I want to have a script that will restart a system, if no user is logged in, or prompt a logged in user that their computer is going to be restarted in 30 minutes, and give them an option to postpone that restart. I found the following script (...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Summer Release Beta 3 is Now Available

The third and final beta build for our Summer 2016 Release of Casper Suite 9.93 is now available. This release includes new patch management features to simplify workflows for patching software, substantial enhancements to JAMF Software's cloud-based...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uploaded Wallpaper for iPads is stored where?

Hi Folks, So we have a wallpaper stored in our JSS for our iPads. We need to make an adjustment to the wallpaper. Does anyone know where on the JSS server the wallpaper is stored? I have looked through the JSS folder on our Mac server, but I cannot l...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy a Casper Admin Configuration ??

is it possible to copy a casper admin configuration ? all i see within Casper Admin is the Edit menu --> Copy, but i don't see how this will create a copy of a currently created configuration i want an actual copy of a current configuration that is a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service App Load Time

Good morning everyone, we are venturing into device based assignment. We have 544 free apps in the catalog scoped to all devices. We are experiencing self-service (the application) load times of 3 minutes (for the apps to show up) for 1 individual ip...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software restrictions not releasing on status change

I've put in place software restrictions for student laptops that don't meet specific criteria, mainly an encrypted drive. The restriction is scoped to a smart group and exemption placed on a second smart group. Here's the workflow: Laptop A needs to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF binary is not the current version?

Hi all, Anyone seeing this? We recently upgraded to version 9.92Now whatever I run in Casper Remote, whether installing or Update Inventory, it turns red. I run in Terminal jamf version on the client machine reports: 9.92.1466020067 Opening the log f...  View more

7e2c950113ff463d8bda93bfbac91c90
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sorting categories in Self Service?

I added a new category for Printers to Self-Service but now it has placed itself on top of the other other-wisely alphabetically sorted categories. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP authentication to Novell eDirectory

Hoping someone has some tips in getting an LDAP connection working with eDirectory. I get to the point of entering a username and password but continually get an "invalid password" error. I've changed the password to be sure and still no success. I'v...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Mac Apps "Failed to Download

App distribution for Mac Store apps has been working well for the last few months. Yesterday we noticed that our iLife and iWork apps were no longer automatically installing to El Cap machines and any VPP app we have in self Service (MS Remote Deskto...  View more

64be44b4055d4726ac30669bd354dbf0
  • 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2 and DEP? Making devices supervised.

Has anyone used Apple Configurator 2 and DEP? I can't seem to get my devices Supervised. The specific features we need is having our MDM un-removable and the iOS layout. Apple supports it, our devices enroll to the JSS but nothing is supervised. http...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management not working after imaging?

I tried using Apple Remote Desktop to make a Client Installer and then created a script to run kickstart in order to enable my ability to remotely manage my Mac's via ARD. It does manage to apply all the settings properly, but then does not allow me ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Backup line disappearing from Crontab

I'm running into a really strange issue. I've got two cronjobs on my JSS. I'm running it on Debian, which has been fine following the Ubuntu steps thus far. The first step is to backup the database (code from this thread), and the second is to backup...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors