Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Using munki to deploy paid App Store app's

Background: Started new company. We are not using DEP, VPP, or Casper. Looking to change this at some point but hey, its my second day. Question: We currently use munki to deploy approved app's and have a request for a paid app that is only found in ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost mode and GPS

Before I put in a feature request, Does anyone know if it is possible to put a device into lost mode without invoking the GPS query? I don't mean possible in JSS. I know there they are tied together. I mean from the aspect of device/mdm api features/...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login policy script and current user

I'm stumped. I've got a very basic script that is designed to delete Google Chrome from /Applications and ~/Applications (if present). When I run this locally as sudo delete_chrome.sh it works just fine and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for App store

So we have just implemented Casper Suite and have the app store turned off for all users (teachers and students). We are doing this so that they cannot install apps without our knowledge. The question has come up as to how teachers can search for and...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iWorks/iLife and Managed Distribution

Last year was our first year with Jamf and just to get things going we pushed out iWorks and iLife in our image and it was tied to a general school Apple ID. Now that we have more time to play around with it we are trying to see what fits us best. Th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handy feature?

A lot of our users complain about slow machines and have cluttered desktops, generally full of screen shots. I composed the following to send all screenshots to a separate folder and redirect the screen capture app for future screenshots taken. The s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

policy status in mysql

Hi,I am trying to get total computers by statuses, completed, remaining & failed by different policies. How is this possible. I m not looking even for the query, but i would love to know how to get the statuses and from which table in mysql. Thanks a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Assistance with Running a Script

Hello Everyone, Just shy of three weeks ago I participated in a conversation regarding [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=19398](signing users out of the App store via a script). The script does it's job when ran via Terminal or ...  View more

ec80e6b557cd4445a2afaa911a330a23
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe-Setting up AUSST

HelloI have successfully set up an AUSST server on a Mac server, and am deploying the client config file to the Mac. The instructions state to deploy to this path:/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.OverridesHowever, even a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers listed as unmanaged

I added 3 computers on Friday to the JSS. All of them are listed as unmanaged. There's an issue with their DNS records that I'm having the networking team change. No policies or configurations have applied to the computers but they are checking into ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS + NetSUS Conflict

I am in the process of restructuring our current infrastructure and moving away from physical Mac Mini Distribution Points to Linux JDS servers. I'd like to also bundle in NetSUS onto the same Linux box but am experiencing some conflicts. As soon as ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.91 - Unable to mount MDP

Hi everyone, Has anyone seen a regression with Casper Admin 9.90 and 9.91 where it will no longer mount the master distribution point if there are special characters in the passwords used to mount the shares? Here's what I saw: Updated some packages ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot issues from a Newbie

I am trying to get student laptops on 10.7.5 to netboot on a 10.10.5 with Server 5 machine. I am having issues where in they can see the server but cannot boot. I used DS to create a netboot set but it's not working when the client machine tries to b...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

(Re-)Enable Gatekeeper

I've found plenty of discussions on disabling Gatekeeper, though little info on re-enabling it. In particular, how to (re-)set Gatekeeper to "Allow Apps downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers". I've found that spctl --master-enable ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

2FA on OTA enrollment

Putting this out there in case anyone has already been there done that.. Going to attempt to put 2FA in front of OTA enrollments. https://forgerock.org/openam/doc/bootstrap/jee-users-guide/index.html#preface Anyone tried? successes? failures? advice?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ESXi SATA Drive Unsuccessful

All my Mac VMs work fine locally, but when I copy to my ESXi (6.0) server, it can't boot from the HD. Windows VMs work just fine both locallly and on my ESXi server (new mac pro). So far I've tried coping the NVRAM file from my local VM up to the ser...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFNation time stamp

I've been seeing some weirdness in the JamfNation time stamps on posts and replies. This post is a test to see if it is out of whack or if I just imagined it. posted April 15, 2016 12:38PM Eastern Daylight Time  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors