Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Installing DMG / Apple ID

I'm new to administering Macs and very new to using JSS. I have two challenges that I'm trying to figure out. Currently we get a new mini in and provision everything manually. We've got a self service policy to push out the El Capitan upgrade for our...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush all policies for a single computer?

Hi Everyone, I might be missing something simple so please excuse an oversight I be having. Every so often, I have a need to wipe a Mac. When I do this, the previous policies and scripts that have been run once per computer will not run again on this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notify of update to Adobe CC

Paging @mhasman. I'm trying to find a way to get notified when an update is made to an Adobe Creative Cloud application. Or do I need to write a script to watch that silly updaterfeed.xml file? I do need to know what updates have been released specif...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues running Asset Tag script

I've been trying to run the Asset Tag python script and am getting an error. It looks like it's showing all of our Macs but not our Mobile Devices. Here is what I am getting. Any help would be appreciated.https://github.com/bradschm/jss-assettag-impo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

RSYNC replication schedule

Hello everyone, I currently have two file servers using Samba hosting the mac packages. Server A is the master and B is a replica. I'm using RSYNC to copy, with a cronjob setting a schedule. We don't have too many packages, so the packaging folks is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to prevent local user creation?

Fellas... We'd like to keep our domain users from being able to create other local users, while still allowing access to the User and Groups preference pane. Our users are developers so they all have local admin rights. Anyone know how this could be ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues downloading and updating apps - iOS 9.2.1

I have a WHOLE bunch of iPads that are causing enough havoc with Apple servers that Apple has throttled our IP address for downloads.I am using the latest version of Casper (9.8.2) and I'm seeing this on devices that have 9.2.1 on them.These are the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovered user profile Empty folders with hidden data

Yesterday a tech came to me and informed me that an Instructor had brought in her laptop. She was using Mail and it no longer was sending. "She's using Mail?" I thought. Its been a while since any our users have used Mail. I figured that it had to be...  View more

443cb0d3713e45b894d89ae506760b2b
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LanSchool - Dynamic Class Lists from SIS

I'm looking for the best way to have MBAs read two .csv files from an SMB share. We are deploying LanSchool which will read dynamically created class lists. My problem is that if I map that share, everything works as intended, but whenever a teacher ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Education Leasing

Hello. As we are considering Apple Education leasing options, it seems that we've narrowed it down to the Fair Market Value Lease and the $1 Purchase Option Lease. While we are leaning towards FMV for our context, I wanted to ask if anyone uses the $...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Postinstall.sh errors

When the postinstall.sh runs it fails every time and loops. Below are the error messages we receive: Script result: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/postImaging.sh: line 8: /usr/sbin/jamf: No such file or directory/Library/Application Support/JA...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running a script as a login user

I'm trying to update the hot corners using a script pushed as policy from JSS. The script runs as the management user and doesnot set the hot corners for the user. When I run the script on the mac as user, it seems to work. Here is part of the snippe...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine AND User 802.1X Authentication?

Has anyone successfully set up both types of authentication? What I am trying to accomplish: This is a wireless-only lab. As the machine sits on the login window it connects to our 802.1X wireless with machine Directory Authentication. When a user lo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create a Policy Scoped to Users AD group??

I'd like to create a policy that runs at login and Scopes thus: which queries whether the user exists in a specific AD group, Then Applies the policy?? A smart group based on this would be good.. Anyone?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filter Out SSD Machines?

Strange one, but - is it possible to do a filter or search on Casper to show us all the machines with an SSD and all the ones without? Just as weve been doing a swap and trying to keep track of ones weve done and the ones that need upgrading? ThanksS...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advance User Search question

Hello, I have about 80 iPads with the following user names: RPSPilot-IP01 to RPSPilot-IP80 I have been trying to get a advance user search option to includeRPSPilot-IP58 to RPSPilot-IP74 I have having NO luck with creating a search "criteria" that wo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Encryption Problem

I have a Mac the I sent the encryption command to through Casper but it is failing to start/complete encryption. Casper shows FileVault 2 Partition Encryption State:Restart Needed The Mac shows Filevault is turned off Every time they log in they are ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing ebooks class by class

We have setup ebooks folders for different year levels. We want to share these ebooks folders to the students in relevant year levels (and definitely the ebooks inside it). Is it possible to create and share folders inside in-house folder or the in-h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

K-12 Firewall

Hello Fellow JAMF Nationers, I'm curious what firewall K-12 schools are using out there? We are in the process of looking at replacing our firewall appliance and am curious what others use, with their pros and cons. Thanks in advance!  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Cloud Video Storage

Hey all, I'm looking into the feasibility of storing a rapidly growing library of video files. It currently weighs in at around 12-TB, and I can see it doubling by the end of the year. The data is both .prproj and .mov and other formats ingestged fro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors