Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Disable (turn off) FileVault Via Policy/Script

Before reinventing the wheel, I'd like to ping the community to see if anyone has already done this... I need to turn off FileVault on select Macs. fdesetup has a "disable" verb, but it asks for a password/recovery key interactively. Before I put on ...  View more

6dc1bc60d73547dd90edfeda9081faea
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force screen viewing on remote computer?

I understand that the Casper Remote app doesn't do any NAT traversal, and you need to be able to make an SSH connection between yourself and the IP address of the remote computer. It seems that a common way to get around that is to use a VPN. You'd t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Runner Impressions?

I'm looking for comments and experiences from anyone who has used Boot Runner to handle dual/multi-boot Macs. We're still clinging to some classrooms that need to dual-boot between OS X and Windows and Boot Runner seems to be a good option to keep th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Testing and consequences

Quick question to all: I'm now getting new machines that were purchased thru DEP. Broke out one to start testing and was wondering if there was a way to 'zero the machine out' and get it back to how it was right before i started testing? If i erase t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

RSVP on Eventbrite

If you wish to attend this event you must register on the Eventbrite page for an entry ticket. Please do this ASAP as tickets are limited. [https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mabrained-jnuc-mini-event-day-block-brewing-tickets-18966387977](Eventbrite Link)  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SIP workaround?

I've been trying to consume as much info about SIP as I can so I can understand how it is going to affect my users and the apps they use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have an app that installs into one of the protected areas (such as /sbin), y...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone have experience with PlistBuddy?

I need to create a simple shell script to call on PlistBuddy to add the new string "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Script Menu.menu" to the existing menuExtras array in the file from the screenshot. The syntax of the PlistBuddy command is k...  View more

860f908a23bf4672a6a05e56b2ac0830
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperCheck - zip file corrupt

Hello, Bit of background; I re-designed our JSS on a separate server to our existing JSS and created loads of new functionality for it. One of the things I implemented was that wonderful CasperCheck auto-reenrollment policy which worked like a charm....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.11.1 Beta breaks jamfAgent

I've tested OS X 10.11.1 Beta 2 and 3 and on both systems the jamfAgent is broken - and therefore the Self Service does not work. Unfortunately there is not that much information - disabling the startup of the agent via launchd and starting /usr/loca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015: Crafter Meetup Discussion

Hey y'all! Any recommendations on where we should meet to craft and chat? I'll be bringing two knitting projects and a crochet project with me to the JNUC most likely. What is everyone else working on? (RSVP here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.81

I've been noticing problems uploading packages to my test 9.81 JSS with Casper Admin. This has happened on 2 different Macs. One client running 10.10.5 and the other 10.11. Some packages will work and others not. Then a couple minutes later those tha...  View more

e4e8b82a058a4c6c82c09ad5db05f3c4 327488aab873436dae08e2fec8ae18a8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Saver vs Power Save

I created a profile that starts the screen saver after 15 minutes and one minute later requires a password. The profile works, but it seems to have an unintended side affect. If a user has Energy Saver settings that put the computer to sleep after sa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrading OS X 10.10.x to 10.11 with FV2

Kind of a quick inquiry and recommendation, our company a few months ago performed bare metal installs of 10.10.x and now are wanting to upgrade some of these users to 10.11 - we have FV2 enabled and are curious do you decrypt the FV2 drive or just i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pro Tools 12

Anyone successfully deployed this? Is it similar to 11, where installing a) Pro Toolsb) iLokc) Avid HD Driverd) Avid Codecs And then running this script (for 11.3, not sure if it also applies to 12) will do the trick? https://app.box.com/s/i6exf4r6d2...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

policies triggered 'Enrollment Complete'

I'm still at 9.51. when Mavericks casper imaging configuration completes, policies that are set to run at 'Enrollment Complete' do not get triggered. If I enroll via quickaddpkg the policies run as expected. anyone have any insight on what might be t...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow to assign VPP Apps to IOS Devices?

Hello!JSS: 9.8.1iOS Devices: iPad AiriOS Version: 9.0.2 Anyone have a good workflow for assigning VPP apps to iOS devices that does not require a student AppleID? I have about 50 iPads to assign to a group of students, and if I don't have to gather t...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Deferred Enablement - El Capitan

Have any of you guys had issues with FileVault 2's deferred enablement feature since upgrading to El Capitan? Here's the scenario I'm running into so far: Mac had FileVault 2 successfully deployed and encrypted via Casper using deferred enablement wh...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite not connecting to WiFi

Recently updated my JSS to 9.8.1, and since then Macbook Airs from my most recent Yosemite image are not connecting to WiFi. The network is listed as a preferred network, but I have to manually connect the imaged computer to the SSID (and put in the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

TestNav iOS plist file?

I know it's theoretically possible to send out a plist with a managed app. Does anyone have the settings for TestNav? If not, could I steal the file from the desktop version and use the same settings?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing Network Segments

We are doing a phased move to a new building, and are setting up new network segments (we currently scope a bunch of policies based on network segments). I'm thinking about setting up a new segment, and then changing the name once all the moves are c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Evaluation (Problems so far)

Hey All, I wanted to get a running list together of what are some common issues everyone has seen in regards to El Capitan. We are currently doing our evaluation of the new OS to make sure that it is working with all our software. As many of us know ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosting Script

Does anyone have a bash script that will allow adding a networking host during imaging? Essentially we want to make sure all of our machines point to our server IP address. If you need an example type: sudo vi /private/etc/hosts to see your hosting f...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rolling back to a snapshot

We're currently planning to upgrade our JSS from 9.65 to the 9.81. Has anyone ever had a failed upgrade, or had things go awry with this sort of upgrade and done a snapshot recovery (we run our JSS in VMware vSphere) -- and has that worked well for y...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors