Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Smart Group

I'm trying to create a smart group for grade levels based on usernames. Could someone point me in the right direction to wildcards or anything i'd need to do it? For example our class of 2018's usernames would be like 18MaSmith Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleID passwords for Shared iPads

One of our schools now has about 1200 iPads in carts carts with institutionally generated AppleIDs—one per device. They have one, monolithic VPP account between all iPads (shared K-2 and 1-to-1 high school), so when managed distribution came around, ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Soft Volume through CASPER

Hi all!I'm trying to mount volumes to all of my users automatically. (desktop and notebook)In Casper, at Configuration Profiles I have created a new one. Under Optionslogin items I just add the smb path that i wanna mount. This is working fine to all...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10% failure rate on DEP enrollment

I was at a school ipad handout event today where we saw about 10% of our iPads fail to enroll via DEP. The ipad serial numbers appear in the JSS pre-stage enrollment list. In the DEP portal, they are assigned to the server. We did use Configurator 2 ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

com.apple.sidebarlists in El Capitan

Hi all Has anyone had any luck configuring the com.apple.sidebarlists plist in El Capitan? In previous versions of OS X I would drop a pre-configured plist in the User Template folder. That appears to be working for other plists (such as the dock) ev...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM retry buildup?

Hello, I was wondering if MDM/APN send requests built up over time in the JSS. Whether it be an re-trying request for a computer that has aged out or "cruft" from a server crash. I'm curious because my JAMF logs have a lot of "Unable to create push n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service: How to add animated icons

Stumbled upon a way to use animated icons within the Self Service app - Simply use an animated PNG file (APNG format). Looks like support has been around since iOS 8 and OS X 10.10. Have not tested this in Self Service for iOS. This seems pretty harm...  View more

0cecb5d1ae6e4a038731715294a012cc
  • 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Garageband In-App Tutorials

Does anyone know how to package and deploy Garageband In app Video tutorials and if there is a requirement? OSX 10.10.5JSS 7.3 Garageband 10.1.0 Cheers, Kevin  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues upgrading JSS to 9.81 on Windows 2008 R2 Server

Hi, I've logged a support ticket about this but thought it worth mentioning here in case anyone else has had a similar issue or was checking for potential issues before proceeding with their upgrade. I upgraded my JSS to v9.81 this morning and all se...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID verification script

Hi,I am new for Apple ID Creating Script.I was able to run Batch Apple ID Creator for my school (about 3000 accounts)I like to know how to run Apple ID verification script with Gmail.Did anybody have some good tutorial on how to run Apple ID verifica...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA question (Check SIP status)

I'm embarassed to say, not sure how to have this "Check SIP status" EA to only proceed if OS version is 10.11*. #!/bin/sh if [ -e /usr/bin/csrutil ]; then echo "`csrutil status | awk '{ print $5 }' | sed 's/.$//'`" else echo "NotElCapitan" fi Proceed...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking OneDrive For Business

Has anyone been able to succesfully block the OneDrive for Business app? I've tried numerous combinations of file name / process name and can't for the life of me get it to work. app is: OneDrive for Business.appProcess is: "OneDrive for Business" id...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Configurator 2

So we are playing around with using Configurator 2 (now available in the App store) to configure some of our iPads. One quirk we ran into is the server URL you use to set up your MDM in Configurator 2. We discovered you need to use the URL: https://j...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different Extension Attributes based on WebApp?

I'm seeing an odd issue that if I run sudo jamf recon when connecting through our DMZ webapp, a new extension attribute I create doesn't get checked (I can see which ones its checking by using "-verbose"). I would have figured that the extension attr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Pro (trash can) and El Capitan / OS 10.11

Anyone seeing issues with new Mac Pro's and OS 10.11. Getting the "Yosemite Boot Hang" progress bar thing. Does not happen with any install of of 10.10.5, either manually or using Casper Imaging. This looks like the AMD video card issue / symptoms, w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging up Apple packages with rootless mode in 10.11

One of the common methods that I've used to package up some software is to add them as resources in a package and call them via a postinstall script. I don't do this super often but sometimes I do this because it ensures that I can run that one insta...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking El Capitan install from the App store

Hi, Does anyone have a way to block El Capitan installing if it's downloaded from the App Store without blocking the app store itself? I've created a restricted software policy which looks for 'Install OS X El Capitan' as an exact match and assigned ...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

SS Upgrade to 10.11 with FV

We started a pilot of FV, it's not on a lot of machines, but it is on some. What changes would I need to be aware of for the SS upgrade workflows? The users do not have rights to security & privacy, so any decrypt would need to be handled by policy.....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors